P1 Restrictions coming July07! (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
kb1509 said:
man
that totally sucks
i just got my p's.. but you know
pretty suckyy man
its not like its all p-platers.. not all of us are bad drivers !
eh yeah! I know hey? I haven't crashed yet! Hahaha no seriously, I need to get off these reds so I can get in a manual car. Or should I redo the test?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
MuffinMan said:
same, but does this apply to all P1's or just the ones the ones after July?
katietheskatie said:
after july
MuffinMan said:
so that means, since that I got mine before July, those rules don't apply to me?
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july
katietheskatie said:
after july

:\

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Well apparently it is for ALL P1 drivers. I didn't know if the restrictions applied to people who recieve their licence after July or to ALL P1 licence holders. Don't worry, now I know...

lala2

Banned
HSC
I've just come home from uni and lo and behold, there was a letter from the RTA explaining the new rules. The date is 1st July, 2007 not 11th as I previously stated somewhere in this forum.

I wonder how I'm going to stick my L plates on from then till my test...hmmm.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hahaha i got the letter today too, lol to my sister who is still on her L's, you red P's kids are getting so shafted.

but the 120 hours thing for L drivers i dont agree with - most drivers should become competent after 50 hours. what about people who move here from overseas and need 120 hours but don't have anyone to teach them? they will have to get 120 hours of lessons with an instructor... VERY expensive. could mean some potentially acquire their licence dodgily, especially those unable to speak fluent english..........

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep. An international student I knew fudged the 50 hours and did only 20 hours. She needed her Ps so she could drive her visiting mum and grandma around but if people can't even do the 50 hours, what about 120 hours?

I don't agree with the whole idea of "hours". I think you should just be eligible for the test as of a certain age, and then do it when you're ready. I mean, if you did the 50 hours in your local neighbourhood and never got onto main roads, does that qualify you to be a good driver? (not attacking anybody's ability to coordinate a car, just the matter of never having been on a main road and experincing the situation). Similarly, why should you have to "fill up hours" if you have mastered all the moves in less time?

In Hong Kong, you just take an instructor course (there is no option for private tuition in terms of parents and friends and whoever) and most people complete it within 2 months (one or two lessons a week), sit the test, and ta da. That way, everyone gets taught properly and efficiently. I think they should make a course available through the RTA or some qualified driving school that is like that, and MAKE IT CHEAP.

CieL

HSC
^ So.. did your international student friend pass the test?

idk.. I reckon the L platers in HK are such shit drivers.. I dont know if it's because they're actually shit, or they're told to drive at 30kmh oh main roads..

In regards to your last para.. I reckon they should make it cheap and compulsory.. I mean, you can't just build a whole course and hire full time driving instructors, then charge tid-bits for the random participants.. but I'd do it IF it was cheap.. just for kicks.. =]

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I also got the thing from the RTA and my first reaction was "oh ****!"... luckily the only thing applicable to me is the P plates display; although that means my interior sticky plates are going to go to waste and my car is going to look fugly with a shitty metallic stick on plate out the front (can't be worse than the plastic RTA one though).

CieL

HSC
Bahhh I just got the mail and said OH SHIT when I read the thing for P plate display.. I wouldn't of given a shit usually, but then I read, "Two demerit points and a fine".. FUCK YOU RTA!! FUCK YOU!!

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
I also got the thing from the RTA and my first reaction was "oh ****!"... luckily the only thing applicable to me is the P plates display; although that means my interior sticky plates are going to go to waste and my car is going to look fugly with a shitty metallic stick on plate out the front (can't be worse than the plastic RTA one though).
I hate that rule...the first set of magnetic plates I bought flew off the car the 3rd time I drove with them.

I like the sticky plates I bought that go inside my window. When I put the magnetic plates on my new car, I noticed that when I removed them to wash the car I could see where the plates had been stuck. Obviously it wasn't permanent damage and washed off, but I don't want to damage my shiney new car! :burn:

Well if P-platers follow this rule the streets will be littered with lost P-plates all over the road from now on! :mad1:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i always stick my green p plates right next to my number plate, and i dont recall ever losing one.
but yes it shouldnt really matter where you put them...even so why bother putting plates on at all?

rev-ise

HSC
So, by the looks of it, the only thing that will apply to people on their P's before July 1 is the rule that you must put your plates on the outside of the car?

Haven't got the letter yet(hence asking the above q.), but I'll probably get it tomorrow, I'd expect.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I prefer the interior ones... people can't nick them, they don't fly off, and they'll always be there (unless they fall off.. which hasn't happened yet).

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
I prefer the interior ones... people can't nick them, they don't fly off, and they'll always be there (unless they fall off.. which hasn't happened yet).
It should be compulsory that they be displayed on the inside of the car...then the driver cannot use the excuse of them falling off the car when trying to escape the demerit points from July.

CieL

HSC
rev-ise said:
So, by the looks of it, the only thing that will apply to people on their P's before July 1 is the rule that you must put your plates on the outside of the car?

Haven't got the letter yet(hence asking the above q.), but I'll probably get it tomorrow, I'd expect.
lol no.
This is the only new rule for P2. [P1s have to do it too tho]

Everything else the P1s copped:
- zero tolerance for speeding
- can only carry one person under 21yrs old between times of 11pm-5am
- banned on all mobile phone use, stuff like bluetooth, speaker, whatever..

rev-ise

HSC
CieL said:
lol no.
This is the only new rule for P2. [P1s have to do it too tho]

Everything else the P1s copped:
- zero tolerance for speeding
- can only carry one person under 21yrs old between times of 11pm-5am
- banned on all mobile phone use, stuff like bluetooth, speaker, whatever..
Ah, OK, those few things don't worry me too much, really only the zero tolerance for speeding. Not that I drive over the speed limit, intentionally, like some people do.

Thanks for the reply. :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
^ So.. did your international student friend pass the test?
She did too, first time. Haymarket, so we're not talking some easy suburban route. I guess it helped though, that her instructor took her through almost nothing but the test route for the few hours of practice she did do.

Bahhh I just got the mail and said OH SHIT when I read the thing for P plate display.. I wouldn't of given a shit usually, but then I read, "Two demerit points and a fine".. FUCK YOU RTA!! FUCK YOU!!
Same here! I really hope I pass my test--I don't want to invest in some stickable L plates just because I booked my Ps test 3 weeks after the due date (kind of is my fault--but I need time to practice, and get together with a driving instructor to perfect my skills! and all this after exams)

Now I have to find an alternative to stick them on. I much prefer the sticky ones you can get on the inside of your car--don't get lost (or stolen), won't fall off, and are more visible than some plates I've seen so far--some plates are tucked so well into the number plates there's a tiny bit of white, red or green sticking out the end!

CieL

HSC
I refuse to wedge my P plate behind my number plate.. that'll scratch my paint..

I wonder where I can find those frames.. they look liek they connect to the number plate and you slide your p-plate into the frame.. idk if it'll fit my car tho, cos the numberplate's kinda indented into the rear.. fucking gayyy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)