Parents reaction to you not making it? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Mine are ok with it, because... I will make it. No way around it.

As long as I tried my best they say. I'm sure they'll be heaps disappointed if I didn't meet their secret expectations though.
same here. plus dont think they were too fond of my uni choices but they stop me or say NO you cant do that. i know deep down they prefered something else but its my life and meh lol

raniaaa

:)
HSC
lol my parents will say "aww" and then say "don't worry" and then smile and tell me i still get to do what i want and it's not the end of the world...

and then i'll find my mum crying in her bedroom and my dad will start lecturing me for not letting him help me in maths.

omg LOL! yeah that'll be my parents. except dad with chem and mum with maths + physics.
and then they'll say we offered to get you a tutor you're so stubborn blablabla

HSC
lol my parents will say "aww" and then say "don't worry" and then smile and tell me i still get to do what i want and it's not the end of the world...

and then i'll find my mum crying in her bedroom and my dad will start lecturing me for not letting him help me in maths.
hahahaha is your dad a teacher?
my mum a maths teacher and she does that!
"YOU COULD HAVE DONE SO MUCH BETTER IN MATHS" etc etc
i dont think she realises that my brain is more english-orienated these days!

jmods

HSC
Arts/Law at Usyd is a cruel mistress.

My parents know how hard I've worked this year (I know I've certainly taken it out on them :p) and all the sacrifices and whatever else. So they'll be pleased whatever I get, but just disappointed on my behalf if I don't get it.

That being said, they'd try to convince me that it's not a big deal (which is what they are currently doing... suggesting I study less >_>). Then again, I guess when I actually did have a life earlier in the year they tried to tell me to study :p

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
probably tell me off and then lecture me

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
My parents are asian. So that means no rice for an eternity. XD
So just eat Pasta instead :)

No but seriously... if you're parents give the I'm dissapointed speech one of the parties is shit.

If you tried hard on a reasonable level (not throw your friendships away for the HSC but studying 9 hours a day) and failed at getting above 90 or to get into first round the course you wanted to get into... then your parents should be less shit, remember that they had it much easier, had their University probably completely payed for, and that you tried hard and that anything more would be unreasonable and made you an unbalanced individual.

If you just didn't try then you deserve to feel guilty and get the "you dissapoint me" speech...

Blaz-357

HSC
my mum told me to drop out of school and go tafe and get a trade or sum shit..coz i was "failing"...im estimated to get like 95+ atar...azn parents...lol, she was also unhappy when i told her i didnt wanna do med anymore haha

danal353

HSC
^lol my friend got an estimate of 99.00 and her parents said she should be getting at least 99.6...

Winn

HSC
:p Asian parents lol.
My parents will probably be happy with about 97+, although will probably still whinge for a while.
99+ they should be pretty damn happy.
Anything under 95, which means no scholarships, they will probably be really disappointed and I would feel terrible because I know I haven't tried my best...Argh that would be terrible, don't go there.
If I don't get into my first preference -> Dad would probably be saying "So you thought you were good eh?", mum would probably be yelling, lol.

danal353

HSC
my mum told me she had a dream that I would get 99.7... which is not going to happen. she mentions it once in a while...

vantastic

HSC
I think my parents would be ok with everything, but i told my mum that the school expect 95-98 and 98+ and she doesn't seem to think i can get it lolz

mharris

HSC
my arents wouldnt really care, they know ive tried hard all year, and so whatever happens, gap year next year anyway, i couldnt give a s*** about marks until uni the year after

cerys

because i can.
HSC
My mum would be fine either way. She's not evil asian like the other mums here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)