Passing P's Test first time (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Shell said:
That's a bit fucked up.
Yeah, I failed for merging into traffic with blinker issues:

I was using the driving instructor's car, and I didn't click the stick in properly when I merged. It didn't stay on long enough, but stayed on till I merged (hence I thought it was ok). The next merger had me hold the blinker so it stayed.

I think I also screwed up turning it off when I stopped the car. 3 blinker fuck-ups, and you fail. :( Everything else was perfect.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
dumbest rule is going straight on a round about and inidicating left to exit, this is my 1st time fail, did everything else rite tho. didnt even know such a stupid rule existed

SlipStream

HSC
lol heaps good tips guys! and congrats to Joe - now you need a car silleh!

Here's some useful tips I typed up on the day after I passed my red Ps so I wouldn't forget them (which I since have haha). See attached word document.

x

7th Sign

HSC
I think it depends on these things the most

* what time you go
* where yo do it
* if you are good at parking
* confidence

HSC
P's test is easy as shit. Heaps of my mates got driving lessons and failed, i didnt bother and passed first go and i didnt even do the full 50 hours i made up a heap. Actually most of the people who get driving lessons fail first time but the people who just get parents teachin em dont have 2 many worries. I have to admit i did stall in my P's test, go ahead laugh away lol. Was in mums piece of crap kia and did my kerbside park and i just coasted into the kerb with the clutch in instead of changin down gears lol (im a lazy bastard) anyways i turned the car off once it was parked good. Once i was ready to go again i started the car but forgot it was in third so went to take off in third and stalled lol oh well still passed who cares.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Watch your speed. Failed the first time for going 43 in a 40 zone. Basically half of King Georges Rd is a school zone, and yeah, it's hard to go uphill at 40kms an hour. Got a perfect score but an instant fail. This other chick I know failed for making too many moves in her reverse park. And another for clipping a road marking.

I was so nervous that first time, and I thought my reverse park was bad so in my head I had failed before the 40 zone even though in reality I hadn't. That contributed to it a litte. So even if you think you did something wrong, keep on powering through coz it may not be too bad. The second time I felt like an old pro so I passed with no problems.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Well i'll add some common sense tips:

- read the DART book and remember all the fail items. Heaps of people get perfect scores but fail cos of speeding or not stopping long enough at a stop sign (3 secs when the car is FULLY stopped) or not seeing a stop sign (Beverly Hills RTA).

- be confident in your ability but don't be arrogant.

- if you feel you've made a mistake just let it pass and try to ace the rest of the test.

- when reverse parking go slowly but smoothly and even if you hit the curb sometimes you can trick the instructor into thinking that you haven't cos u feel it before him.

- have a roadworthy car especially if it's your own. A chick who was doing the test at the same time as me didn't even make it out of the car park cos her car wasn't roadworthy.

- be patient when selecting a gap in traffic; it's better to err on the safe side.

- don't drive at 10km below the speed limit throughout the whole test. Aim for 3-5km below the limit.

- remember to switch on the indicator about 5 seconds before you intend to merge and also switch off in reasonable time

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i did, i cant believe i did, i was so nervous and convinced i failed 5 mins into the test...tips to pass, just drive sensibly and have alot of patience.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
heres my tips
i passed first go so like just relax
i was heaps nervous even whilst driving but i just kept my cool, spole nicely to the driving lady and so on :)
heres my main fuckups: i took off without the door closed properly, so whilst driving the instructor told me, so while i was coming up to an intersection [ with indicator on ofcourse] i opened door and closed it... whilst still driving and just as she was saying when you stop.... anyways i think she ignored it [ thankyou if ever you read this nice RTA lady at Shellharbour] but my indicator had cancelled whilst i was fiddling with door, so i went around the corner with an indicator... well i realised as a finished the turn and thought well now iam FINISHED FOR SURE! so i kept driving, kept my cool and i no, at the time i didnt know you got more than 1 chance at indicator problems, i thought it would be 1 and instant failure
so i did my driving really well, did a hill start, curbside stop and whatnot. I knew the course really well cause my insructor had taken my through the most popular ones... after curbside stop, i had trouble starting again, so it like started then stalled only cause this wasnt my car, was instructors, so i kept my cool and started again then took off.
didnt have any troubles with roundabouts, instructor looked a little tense when iwas coming up to one and didnt slow down, but i had my eye on the right side all the time and knew no traffic was incoming, so i just went through at like 40km [ not knowing that the standard is to slow down, usually to a stop then proceed through the roundabout] but even though this wasnt normally done, i wasnt in rouble cause it just reflected my own confidence in driving and being able to make decissions on the fly[ and yes iam well aware that most P platers take roundabouts like this, but think of how many L platers do, and then how many that sit an exam do it]

so i got past a certain point and knew that the instructor was going to make me reverse park on a very busy, narrow and with cars parked togther so no large gaps type of road...remember my instructor had taken me on this t rack before, so i knew if they didnt make me reverse park around where i did the hillstart that i was going to be doing it in a very busy part

so i stood there with jmy indicator on for ages waiting for traffic to slow up, finally it did and i went in for the park... just a little 2 fast so it was way 2 shallow and not close enough to the curb... i also knew u had 4 turns before u get penalised
so i just backed up, then went back in.. tada, a decent park, although not close enough to the curb on something for the instructors liking so i lost a point there

then i drove in to RTA, whilst my family are all there asking if i passed[ all the while me looking like a ghost thinking i failed]

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Make sure you wait 5 seconds before changing from a curb lane to the middle lane! My friend got failed just for doing that wrong and everything else correct.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
Riviet said:
Make sure you wait 5 seconds before changing from a curb lane to the middle lane! My friend got failed just for doing that wrong and everything else correct.
pfff how unfair!!!

that so silly... i sure dont consciously count to 5 :p

i failed my first time- oh the joys of failing on your birthday!

kow_dude

HSC
WOooohoooo

I just got back from Passing my first driving test. I am so happy because i am an extremely nervous driver. I almost hit the car in front (and would've failed) when getting out from reverse parking.

if i can do it, anyone can!!!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
congratsssssss!

hahaha...got my Greens today, had to make myself NOT laugh....it so wasnt hard, and quite silly really:p

lol

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
kow_dude said:
WOooohoooo

I just got back from Passing my first driving test. I am so happy because i am an extremely nervous driver. I almost hit the car in front (and would've failed) when getting out from reverse parking.

if i can do it, anyone can!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
thats so awesome :cool:

thats the best news ive heard all day!!!
good on you man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and BRAAD!!!
WOOT WOOT!
congrats to you dear friend! thats cooool :cool:
<3

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
my rta person was a bitch, they were like those really icey people that if your nervous they thrive off it. She decided to give me 89% for not checking a blind spot and failed me. I'd like to see her outside the rta, in a dark alley, with her last 41 dollars in her pocket.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Congratulations, kow_dude remember not to forget everything you learned while on your L’s and to be very careful the first few weeks on your P’s as this is when you are at a high risk of having an accident.

Have to agree with all the tips people have said (passed 1st time) just stay calm, remember everything you have leant, know what can fail you and before the test practice, practice, practice! By the way how did the original post get on I am assuming not as well as hope since it was 10 days ago but that doesn’t matter just think of the 1st attempt as a learning experience, all the best.

kow_dude

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
remember not to forget everything you learned while on your L’s and to be very careful the first few weeks on your P’s as this is when you are at a high risk of having an accident.
Good Tip. In fact, i'd much rather still catch public transport. The reason being is that i have a history of bad driving experiences. I've had one accident (which wasn't my fault) in which resulted in a confusing process of getting the car repaired and sorting insurance matters which was an extreme hassle. I've also had moments of losing control in go-karts in which i tumbled off-track.

I was happy about getting my P's because it was about to expire within months.

My brother had an accident in which a lebanese (not being racist) driver drove through the red light at a 70km zone and smashed the (my brother's) driver's side. Our car was completely shattered and were forced to buy a new car. And the worse thing was that the leb had completely refused to pay for any damages. They even lodged a complaint to the insurance saying that it was all my brother's fault.
That contributed to my fear of driving even more!

Jiga

My brother had an accident in which a lebanese (not being racist) driver drove through the red light at a 70km zone and smashed the (my brother's) driver's side. Our car was completely shattered and were forced to buy a new car. And the worse thing was that the leb had completely refused to pay for any damages. They even lodged a complaint to the insurance saying that it was all my brother's fault.
That contributed to my fear of driving even more!
Yeah thats why I usually check both sides even when going through lights just to check, Ive seen on like 3 occasions people going through red lights....crazy fools.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
Sweet... Got my P's

main things that will pass you:
* Drive as if your a chauffer for the instructor
which means being confident, safe and obey road signs

Belief me, being confident that you have what it takes to pass will help u alot. Thinking that u r goin to fail puts doubt into ur mind while u r driving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)