Passing P's Test first time (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Yeah thats why I usually check both sides even when going through lights just to check, Ive seen on like 3 occasions people going through red lights....crazy fools.
scariest ones are the trucks

usually because they dont want to stop and have to start up again from a stand-still

but some of those guys are crazy fuckers :s fully laden trucks flying through obvious red lights *whimpers*

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
The best thing about getting ur P's is that it is no longer embarrassing driving through Macca's Drive-through

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
I failed 1st go.... again, almost perfect score but an instant fail...

if you are reverse parking, and think you are in the wrong position, and want to go out and start again, you have to indicate that you are leaving the parking spot, even if you were only half in in the 1st place. I'm pretty sure it doesn't even say that in any handbook....

leeamja

HSC
my test

I also passed mine, about a month ago (the day after my last exam). Even my driving instructor thought I wasn't going to pass-then why did she book me in?
Just make sure that your gaps in traffic that you take are big enough-but in saying this, don't hesitate for too long. Also, watch your speed and make sure you know how to Reverse-park!!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
ehhh

you should all go to engadine. Obviously i did my Ps test there, and i actually asked the sintructor if she wanted me to do a reverse park :/ i dont mind doing them because i can, but she wasnt going to. My supposed 3-point turn was a u-turn :/

still passed...dont know my score, she signed some papers and walked off. haha

hmmm....and she was called the dragon lady, she was crap

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
^^^^ also did my P's test at engadine, but the dragon lady isnt there anymore, i had the guy

kow_dude

HSC
My three point turn was a bitch because they made me do it in a very narrow road. I had to take 5 direction turns.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
kow_dude said:
My three point turn was a bitch because they made me do it in a very narrow road. I had to take 5 direction turns.
well you must suck then! i reckon i could make a 3 point turn in a 1 way lane! haha. then again i got a small car

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
they actually tell u, that u r allowed up to 5 turns

kow_dude

HSC
Yea i remember reading it off from the handbook. So i took the advantage of using 5 directions because i didn't want to hit the kerb and thus instant fail.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
kow_dude said:

To make it easy for urself turn the steering wheel to full-lock in the direction u wish to go then ease off a bit (save the power steering from damage) and u will almost certainly be able to do a 3 point turn (in three turns) in the narrowest of streets.

Also to reverse park easily (i.e. to pass the P test) bring ur car so it's 1m away from the parked car ur parking behind and make sure the mirrors are level, reverse back until ur mirrors are in line with the back of the car, then turn ur steering wheel to full-lock left and turn til u hit a 45 degree angle, then reverse until the top right hand corner of the car's rear view windscreen is parallel to an area roughly in the middle between the far right edge of the car and the right hand side of teh number plate, then turn full-lock right and slowly reverse and even if u hit the curb u can usually feel it b4 the tester and voila the rest is easy - drive forwards in a straight line!!!

Last edited:

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
I wonder if drifting is an instant fail? Ah well, only one way to find out.
Actually I wonder what they'd say if you were an L-Plater proficient at heel-toeing? I did my test in mum's Pajero. Heel-toe? err, sure...

Jess-a_belle

HSC
i got mine first go too. even tho i stalled it doing a reverse park (she made me do it on a hill!!) and i thought i had failed for sure. having a good instructor helps, as does the promise of driving ur bfs new car home if you get ur ps, lol.
i hada friend who failed her L's computer test twice and her red P's three times... wtf... :S

CieL

HSC
i passed mine first time too

since i didnt have an instructor.. i asked my friend for advice..

he just told me to perfect my 3 pt turns, SHOULDER CHECK.. and yeh.. i passed!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I wonder if the original poster davosss passed his P's test since it seems he only signed up to post this one thread and has been active since, I would assume he passed...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its not that hard, it was funny seeing the confident girl before me strive back in with a big smile and nod to her mum, then the dude give her a fail.

HSC
- L1n - said:
If you r going up the hill, just use 2nd gear, cos u no 2nd always does the job. Unless it's a 55 plus degree slope, then use 1st gear lol.
my tester was absolute bullshit [this is an outrage]; the engine mustve struggled up the hill for no more than two seconds because i was in 2nd gear, the hill wasn't even that steep and he said i shouldve been in 1st. this is what he said to me:

"You know that hill up there? You were in second gear or whatever gear it was when you should've been in first"

like wtf? he didnt even know what gear i was in and he was still telling me off, even saying that i had braking and accelerating trouble.

and in the test, try not to run through any yellow lights. zero. none. i failed for running through a yellow when i thought i was pretty safe to do so.

CieL

HSC
well, take it as an experience and learn to perfect your braking and acceleration.. plus drive 1st gear up that hill (if you're going there agn)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
my tester was absolute bullshit [this is an outrage]; the engine mustve struggled up the hill for no more than two seconds because i was in 2nd gear, the hill wasn't even that steep and he said i shouldve been in 1st. this is what he said to me:

"You know that hill up there? You were in second gear or whatever gear it was when you should've been in first"

like wtf? he didnt even know what gear i was in
It doesn't matter what gear you really were in, you can tell when a car is struggling and he would have noticed you should have put it in first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)