PDHPE Marathon (1 Viewer)

MadGold777

HSC
How do you know when an athlete is ready to return to play from a sidelining injury?

gaugau1

HSC
People like the idea of not using drugs (synthetic)
Increase in migration means more use it and more facilities (people opening up businesses )
Increase apearence in media and Advertising means greater recognition

gaugau1

HSC
How do you know when an athlete is ready to return to play from a sidelining injury?
If they complete the TOTAPS procedure. Therefore they are able to do a sport specific skill without any pain Or hinderance

kittyful

HSC
Outline features of the inflammatory response to a soft tissue injury.

Exotic

HSC
If they complete the TOTAPS procedure. Therefore they are able to do a sport specific skill without any pain Or hinderance
Isn't TOTAPS only for assessment of injuries? An athlete is return to play after they are psychologically ready, get medical clearance, movement is in full motion and pain free and they have to follow specific training routines to get them into full body fitness.

MadGold777

HSC
Isn't TOTAPS only for assessment of injuries? An athlete is return to play after they are psychologically ready, get medical clearance, movement is in full motion and pain free and they have to follow specific training routines to get them into full body fitness.
yeah I think this is right

Exotic

HSC
Alright, what are the pros/cons of caffeine supplementation for athletes?

coralie1994

HSC
pros - alertness and may provide the athlete with a changed perception of fatigue
cons - may lead to over-arousal due to excessive adrenaline, thus lowering concentration level

willstylz

HSC
pros-

- proven to improve cognitive process
- improve concentration, memory and reasoning
- assists metabolic process > marathon runner > assists the break down of fatty acids
- promotes glycogen sparring > fat is metabolised early = more glycogen reserves
cons -
- diuretic > contributes to dehydration

coralie1994

HSC
pros-

- proven to improve cognitive process
- improve concentration, memory and reasoning
- assists metabolic process > marathon runner > assists the break down of fatty acids
- promotes glycogen sparring > fat is metabolised early = more glycogen reserves
cons -
- diuretic > contributes to dehydration
MUCCCH better response than mine! :D

gaugau1

HSC
But the question was for a sideline injury... I thought they were asking if the injury was done at a game and then the athlete wanted to return to the field. Ur correct if the injury was serious and athlete needed rehab. Sorry if I misread question :s

E

Effekt

Am i the only one who will be struggling to ramble on for 3+ pages when it comes to a big mark question? My answers are usually short and sweet ;(

ssylva

HSC
quick question: do we need to know 1 or 2 health promotion initiatives?! i know it says 2 but my class wasn't told to do another one. we just did one as an assignment and thats it. im worried...

willstylz

HSC
syllabus says two

Last page of the syllabus core 1, on students learn to, last dot point.

kittyful

HSC
quick question: do we need to know 1 or 2 health promotion initiatives?! i know it says 2 but my class wasn't told to do another one. we just did one as an assignment and thats it. im worried...
we should know 2 :)

ssylva

HSC
yeah thought so :/ so whats another example? iv done the heart foundation and some other sub-initiatives like the heart foundation tick, heartmoves etc.
However im a bit confused. Is the heart foundation tick itself a health initiative? or...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)