Pens: favourite type, colour etc (1 Viewer)

blue or black pen?

• blue

Votes: 242 60.5%
  • black

Votes: 149 37.3%
  • other

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters

Hatta

HSC
I used to use nice pens, the decent sort of gel ones, because they leave ink on the page in stead of scratching away (yes, I'm very particular about my pens).

But my teachers told me to stop. I already write really fast and quite messily, so anything other than generic ball-points just goes everywhere and becomes entirely illegible.

Feels horrible, but at least I haven't had to read out an exam to a teacher because of ball-points.

Terlob

HSC
Using Pilot Super Grip at the moment... Black

I wont write with a blue pen, black on white just makes sense

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Chibios said:
The Pilot SUper-Grip ones are really good for lefties, they rarely smudge
ive trained my hand not to touch where i've written. that why soo many lefty write in a twisted position.
faber castel super tech point :D

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Felt Tip Pins etc?

Blue usually unless it's a heading. I prefer thin pilot or thin bic's classic fine :D

aimhigh10

HSC
Re: Felt Tip Pins etc?

DreamingReality said:
Blue usually unless it's a heading. I prefer thin pilot or thin bic's classic fine :D
yeah blue definitely, only use black for a table heading or if i dont have any blue left :cool:

Miffstaa

HSC
The pen that I always use now is the LAMY Safari Fountain Pen.
It's just so smoothhh- i love it.
The re-fills are easy to put in, which gives me a tiny break from my exam paper to think what i've written. And the ink dries super quick so no smudges.

neeksy45

HSC
did anybody else find the paper for the exams absolutely shit for left handers to write on?
i had one pen(that i thought was great for me) and was using that,but noticed it smudging heaps, and it had never done that before.
so i had to switch pens. my exam was half in blue, half in black,haha.
does anybody have any suggestions for good pens for left hander to use?

aimhigh10

HSC
neeksy45 said:
did anybody else find the paper for the exams absolutely shit for left handers to write on?
i had one pen(that i thought was great for me) and was using that,but noticed it smudging heaps, and it had never done that before.
so i had to switch pens. my exam was half in blue, half in black,haha.
does anybody have any suggestions for good pens for left hander to use?
theres those silver/blue ones that are clicky
umm 'x' papermate or something
my friend is a leftie and she uses them all the time

HSC
I once used a felt tip pen in an in class assessment and on the feedback sheet the teacher wrote "Do not use felt tip pen." And I asked why afterwards and she said, when she marked the HSC, the lighting in the shed place they do it in is rather strange, when you've been marking heaps of essays, the ones written in felt tip pen look like the words are floating off the page >.<

sam jay

HSC
haha, yes, its the pens that make the words look like they're floating.
:)

i use the kilometric pens, in blue.
<3.

but theres these pens that i cant find anymore, dunno who they're manufactored by but they're called envrio-something.
i dunno, but they're amazing!

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
this thread is like the nerd equivelent of normal people talking about members of the opposite sex

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I use the cheapass pens: BiC Cristal XDXDXD

Yeah, cos Kilometricos leak, or worse, smudge, for me. Felt tips and gel pens won't work cos they don't cough up ink as fast as I write, lol. So yeah, very happy with my cheapo pens XD

nisseltaria

HSC
I use DrGrip pens for exams. Lame name but they do increase my writing speed without destroying my handwriting style.
Outside exams I use a fountain pen, or occasionally a quill.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Wow I have never thought about pens the way you guys do. It's either black or blue, not gel or felt tipped etc etc. I'll have to try some of these..

HSC
As a leftie I spend lots of time thinking about pens because they are so irritating. I'm actually in the process of teaching myself to write with my right hand just to make life easier (plus the fun/lols of being ampidexterous).

Anyway, at the moment I have latched onto Pilot BP-S Medium pens in Blue because they write quite smoothly, I like the metal point and general look of the pen (semi-stylish), the line is thin allowing for more defined/easier to read writing, and you don't get as many of those big blobs of ink which I inevitably smudge across the page as you do in Bic ballpoints or papermarks.

However, the grip is ribbed, but in plastic, which can make it quite uncomfortable after a while, and 3 hours of uni exams later my fingers don't feel so great. Having said that, I don't notice it too much...

I am on the lookout for the perfect pen however. I use blue at the moment because I find that black clashes/constrasts with red pen (which I use for headings) in a not so nice/too stark way, I prefer the grouping of blue and red. Also blue stands out more against black type on photocopies I mark/write notes on. However I do appreciate black pens and like these when I am not using red pen.

I like some of the suggestions here, so I'm going to go on a big pen shopping spree and try and find a good pen!! I like fountain pens but can't find a leftie one so far, so I have one but can only use it with my still-developing right hand. Kikki K pens are pretty good so I might try some of them!

It's fairly sad that I have this much to say on the topic of pens :(

philosopher23

HSC
any coloured pen will do and i change colour to what ever i feel like that day.
my teachers get angry at me when i start writing in some random colour but owell XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)