Pharmacy @ USYD, cutoff? (1 Viewer)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Seven3121 said:
what did u do to get credit transfer? i'm considering doing a year of uni and transferring into pharmacy next year and would like to have units credited. so how did u do it? and is it hard to get a transfer?
You need to have done at least one year of university study and (according to USYD) maintain GPA of 6.0, which translate to TER of 96. And need to have valid STAT results too. Once you get the transfer, you have to obtain the academic transcript and study outline for subjects from your old university and submit them to USYD on the day for credit transfer application. But I have to warn you that it is almost impossible to be granted credit for the entire year and be permitted to progress into the second year straight away, even if your old degree was B.Pharm in another university such as CSU or UQ.

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
enrolling was quite efficient for me...I was like "is that it?" and "are you sure it's all done?"

I ticked the box where you can pay a partial payment of $500 or something although I'm a HECS Student but they never charged me any money yesterday so what is that all about?

anyway, good luck with everything people and hopefully we can all meet up during O-week...

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
^

I ticked that box too :cool:

The lady told me that i can pay my partial payment between the 24th and 31st of march (census date) ... and still get the 20% discount.

Basically my plan is to pay upfront each semester while i can, but still have HECS as a safety net in case i change my mind.

lolz corrected my spelling!

Last edited:

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
ordnaiv said:
I'm a HECS Student but they never charged me any money yesterday so what is that all about?
it means you have a choice of letting hecs pay for the student contribution as well, or you can make a partial payment as 2opion8d pointed out before the census date. yepz:D meet up during O-week, damn so tired of walking and the construction didnt make it easier lol.

loser101

HSC
2opinion8d said:
^

I ticked that box too :cool:

The lady told me that i can pay my partial payment between the 24th and 31st of march (consensus date) ... and still get the 20% discount.

Basically my plan is to pay upfront each semester while i can, but still have HECS as a safety net in case i change my mind.
consencus, is that the date when your allowed to have sex?? :cool:

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
Hey loser101,
Just out of curiousity did u get accepted into Pharmacy@Usyd too?
Also about that Jewish lecturer failing your friend, was it because she was Muslim, or was it only her lebanese background...

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
Hey guys, i got a Vaccination document from enrollment talking bout clinical placements, do pharmacy students have to get immunised?

btw loser101: what lecturer are u on about?, is that really true?:s pm me too please.

Last edited:

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
Hey guys, i got a Vaccination document from enrollment talking bout clinical placements, do pharmacy students have to get immunised?

btw loser101: what lecturer are u on about?, is that really true?:s pm me too please.
hmm, yeah I think you do have to get the vaccination document completed because we will be working in a 'health' setting during clinical placements but luckily for me I've gotten most of it done already because of work...

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
ordnaiv said:
hmm, yeah I think you do have to get the vaccination document completed because we will be working in a 'health' setting during clinical placements but luckily for me I've gotten most of it done already because of work...
Any ideas when i have to get that done? + Whether or not it will be paid for by the uni or do i have to fork out money for that as well? arent vaccines like 300 a pop or something?

Last edited:

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
Any ideas when i have to get that done? + Whether or not it will be paid for by the uni or do i have to fork out money for that as well? arent vaccines like 300 a pop or something?
well, I read somewhere in one of the sheets they gave us during enrollment that it has to be all done by third year but I'm not entirely sure so if anyone out there can clarify this matter...

but I think you can get some of the vaccines from uni whilst others you have to go to your local GP but again I'm not completely certain...I guess we'll find out soon enough!

don't worry too much...

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
ordnaiv said:
well, I read somewhere in one of the sheets they gave us during enrollment that it has to be all done by third year but I'm not entirely sure so if anyone out there can clarify this matter...

but I think you can get some of the vaccines from uni whilst others you have to go to your local GP but again I'm not completely certain...I guess we'll find out soon enough!

don't worry too much...
ohhk:) thanks ordnaiv!:D

wind

HSC
anonymus2003 said:
Did everyone get the same NSW Health form?

"As a full course of vaccinations may take several months to complete NSW Health advises that students consult their local doctor well in advance of the commencement of clinical placements."

Hmmm...I should get mine done soon since placements start next trimester lol.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
wind said:
Did everyone get the same NSW Health form?

"As a full course of vaccinations may take several months to complete NSW Health advises that students consult their local doctor well in advance of the commencement of clinical placements."

Hmmm...I should get mine done soon since placements start next trimester lol.
yea thats what im thinking, confusing me does the uni do this or do we have to get this done ourselves? usyd likes to confuse its students lol

this is the last sentence of the memorandum that came with the health form "The University Health Service, located in the wentworth building, will be able to assist you with the testing and vaccinations required telephone 02 9351 3484 for an appointment).

next semester there is a placement i believe, but where are we placed in hospitals? or chemists?

Last edited:

hctaha

Pharmacy USYD
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
next semester there is a placement i believe, but where are we placed in hospitals? or chemists?
For 1st years?

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
hctaha said:
For 1st years?
Seems like it.

PHAR1821 - Social Pharmacy ( Semester 2: First year)

Teacher/Coordinator: Dr L Smith

Classes: 3 x 1hr lectures/week, 1 x 2hr workshop/week.

Assessment: Exam (40%), presentation (25%) and reports (35%).

Practical work: Externship and teamwork project.

Textbooks: Smith, L.(preparer) (2007) PHAR1615 Foundations of Pharmacy. PHAR1617 Social Pharmacy.

This unit of study consists of 2 major streams, social pharmacy and interprofessional practice. This unit of study will also include mathematical tools required for other units of study. Social pharmacy is designed to provide a broad perspective of patient health and illness, and encourage a view of the patient as a whole person. Topics include self-regulation, pain, chronic illness and support networks. The emphasis will be on the psychosocial processes that underpin patient behaviour.Interprofessional practice provides an introduction to the working relationships that pharmacists have with other healthcare professionals. Oracy, literacy and teamwork skills are also developed in the context of professional pharmacy issues.

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
Seems like it.

PHAR1821 - Social Pharmacy ( Semester 2: First year)

Teacher/Coordinator: Dr L Smith

Classes: 3 x 1hr lectures/week, 1 x 2hr workshop/week.

Assessment: Exam (40%), presentation (25%) and reports (35%).

Practical work: Externship and teamwork project.

Textbooks: Smith, L.(preparer) (2007) PHAR1615 Foundations of Pharmacy. PHAR1617 Social Pharmacy.

This unit of study consists of 2 major streams, social pharmacy and interprofessional practice. This unit of study will also include mathematical tools required for other units of study. Social pharmacy is designed to provide a broad perspective of patient health and illness, and encourage a view of the patient as a whole person. Topics include self-regulation, pain, chronic illness and support networks. The emphasis will be on the psychosocial processes that underpin patient behaviour.Interprofessional practice provides an introduction to the working relationships that pharmacists have with other healthcare professionals. Oracy, literacy and teamwork skills are also developed in the context of professional pharmacy issues.
ohh sounds interesting and cool although I hope that we can spend some time not only in community chemists but hospitals as well so it isn't too boring lol...

P.S. hopefully I can get all the vaccinations done by second semester because some can take up to several months e.g. I am currently trying to get the Hep B vaccine completed and had my first dose several days ago, the next dose is at the end of Feb and the third is apparently sometime in July!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)