• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

PHYS (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
the scaling was freaking huge last year, stop freaking out haha. i think the average was around 30% so if you got that and did ok in the assessments you at least passed

phys1111 scaled too i think - i got a HD somehow after not working all sem and then cramming :S yay for formula sheets. i suggest you read through the textbook if you have it and attempt the worked questions, and focus on the exam tips/questions you got, that's what helped me. good luck
Everything you said about PHYS1121/1131 now is false.

Quoted from Angstman: "Last year around 16% of students failed after the supplementary exam. Make sure that you study effectively for the exam, I would recommend concentrating on learning the physics rather than on what the pass/fail rates etc. are. If you know and can use the physics covered in the course you will pass."

seems legit

That is legit.

Also said you need 50% raw to pass.

Who's at Oaks tomorrow (fking tent again)
Should have done 1131. We have the ~boss~ rooms again.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Holy fuck did one mechanics question correctly without looking at the answers. How did that happen.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Not everyone does physics in semester 1. Not everyone does engineering. People who do certain Science majors might want to do it in semester 2. There are also those who start in the mid-year.
oohh yeah thats right. my bad.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
"Assumptions are the mother of all f ups"

lol jokes I got that line from a Seagal film.
lel. no, i just didn't consider all cases. I am doing a paper now and i am screwing up on little things; like forgetting to convert C to K fak

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing phys1111 as well and I still find it difficult.

were you on the last day of the lecture? krystyna spoon fed us with the exam questions!

physics 1a is bloody difficult good thing i dropped out asap!

Im surprised that a lot of people are finding physics difficult but do not exert the time to learn the material. I mean, during consultation hours, (on week 14) there were around 5-6 students in the consultation room! (including us the phys1111 students!) it made me think, damn i must be really dumb for not understanding this physics thing. I was there 3x that week.

all the best guys!
yeah, i really hope questions are like that and shes not bsing us overall 2 whole days of cramming actually paid off, im still a bit fked for latent heat and a few other topics

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
ive been practicing with bigger and bigger bottles all day

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
just wait till you civil guys do water engineering next year

you're anus will be gaping for weeks

HSC
Uni Grad
Who's at Oaks tomorrow (fking tent again)
Joining you.

Welp gonna be GGed tomorrow. Lets hope I can pass on the first go. So far averaging around 60% raw on the latest exams - hoping I can actually achieve that in the exam.

Best of luck to everyone :)

Web Addict

HSC
Is it normal for me to not be able to do a single question without looking at the solutions for hints?

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it normal for me to not be able to do a single question without looking at the solutions for hints?
Well when I first started off doing the papers I actually did the same - look at the solutions for hints and then did it that way.

Then later more revision and practice and then eventually I did that less.

Web Addict

HSC
Well when I first started off doing the papers I actually did the same - look at the solutions for hints and then did it that way.

Then later more revision and practice and then eventually I did that less.
If only I had more time...

By the way, how many past papers have you guys done?

HSC
Uni Grad
If only I had more time...

By the way, how many past papers have you guys done?
I pretty much did everything 2008 onwards; I'd say the 2008 papers were quite decent. I found 2010 paper the hardest, then it started getting easier from ther.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)