PHYSICS y have you gotten this way? (1 Viewer)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Just to throw somethings in:

As for prospects in Physics, there are many, many ways you don't learn about until you actually get in. Several fields of physics take big step into the 'engineering' areas (from a theoretical side) like developing new generations of optical fibers, and medical imaging/treatment devices. It's really because you learn a lot of the necessary maths to do the modelling in physics or applied maths.
Like, I'm participating in a project group that aims to have a model of brain structure, in physics, via the way electrochemical signals travel around in neurons. All this potentials and electric fields here require knowledge of physics to be done accurately.

---
I could say this new hsc physics course is all part of the government plan for an educated nation. To interpret that as either lowering stantards so everyone's 'educated', or general knowledge of concepts == educated, well, is up to you.

Boo_

HSC
BlackJack said:
I'm participating in a project group that aims to have a model of brain structure, in physics, via the way electrochemical signals travel around in neurons. All this potentials and electric fields here require knowledge of physics to be done accurately.

Sounds really exciting!!!

JumboKHS

HSC
Physics is fine, the only thing bad about it is that people keep making threads whinging about it :p,

Boo_

HSC
JumboKHS said:
Physics is fine, the only thing bad about it is that people keep making threads whinging about it :p,
if people didnt 'whine' about it, then what fun would we have???

Stan..

HSC
Li0n said:
You are a stupid kid
Girls are just as capable of doing the 'other' physics just as much as boys are.

And what acmilan said is true, though i think that they should make year 11 physics be taught in year 10, and year 12 physics be taught in year 11, and then have a more compliciated english based phys in year 12 or something :p.

And im thinking that half you people who are opting for physics to be mathsified will fail it anyway, no offence or anything. It's just that you all remind me of those useless nerds at school who bitch at how easy a subject is then when it gets to the test you get 20% and then claim that "the test was too easy to study for so i didnt".

It makes me sigh at life really...
No, Not really. I said, Don't quote me on it. Meaning that I really couldn't care. Might be true might not, I don't care what the outcome is. I know it holds no weight cause you are not actually reading what I am saying, Just commenting on the first line of it. These are not my Views, I have stated it in every post I have made on the topic of Girls & Physics. This is what I have been told by Teacher/s who I have asked about it. I hope this clears it up. I mean no offence, if anyone has taken any.

Anyway, I really couldn't give two shits whether it is mathsified or just the way it is. What percentage of the canditure in HSC Physics go on to do Advanced Physics or a Uni Level Physics course in the future?

Most of the people who are asking for it to be mathsified, wouldn't want it that way anyway. Most of the people who bitch and complain about how fucked up it is are just looking for a scapegoat to not study and need good reasoning to do so. So I agree with you in that regard.

Last edited:

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Stan.. said:
No, Not really. I said, Don't quote me on it. Meaning that I really couldn't care. Might be true might not, I don't care what the outcome is. I know it holds no weight cause you are not actually reading what I am saying, Just commenting on the first line of it. These are not my Views, I have stated it in every post I have made on the topic of Girls & Physics. This is what I have been told by Teacher/s who I have asked about it. I hope this clears it up. I mean no offence, if anyone has taken any.
I misunderstood this don't quote me on it thing, and i did read your posts it just sounded as if it was your opinion in way...

Stan.. said:
Anyway, I really couldn't give two shits whether it is mathsified or just the way it is. What percentage of the canditure in HSC Physics go on to do Advanced Physics or a Uni Level Physics course in the future?
i continued on to engineering, and its not like the percentage of the canditure in other subjects, take 4unit maths as an example, continue on to Advanced mathematics etc, its more of a uai thing.

Stan..

HSC
Li0n said:
I misunderstood this don't quote me on it thing, and i did read your posts it just sounded as if it was your opinion in way...

i continued on to engineering, and its not like the percentage of the canditure in other subjects, take 4unit maths as an example, continue on to Advanced mathematics etc, its more of a uai thing.
Nice to see that was cleared up. I mean progress in the purest sense, Ie Going from 4u Maths to Advanced Maths. Likewise from Physics to Advanced Physics, When you said that you continued to Engineering it is kinda different.

Last edited:

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
i think you will find that the maths and physics courses complement each other.. and if they did more maths in the physics couse.. you'd just be regurgitating *some* of the stuff from the old 2U Mathematics course. I think that the current course gives you a great grounding to the concepts of physics.. and that if u wanted 2 do phyiscs at Uni it would help you a great deal.
I like the course the way it is.. but make sure u dont leave the maths stuff behind when ur studying because there were a few maths related questions in last years exam!!

Boo_

HSC
JimmyK said:
i think you will find that the maths and physics courses complement each other
Yeah, i've noticed that, it kinda helps though that they do compliment each other

Will Hunting

HSC
Aside from Resisted/Circular Motion Mechanics, Physics and Maths are nowhere near as marriable as Physics and Chemistry.

Boo_

HSC
Will Hunting said:
Aside from Resisted/Circular Motion Mechanics, Physics and Maths are nowhere near as marriable as Physics and Chemistry.
my friends have noticed that as well, especially with the space topic...

FinalFantasy

HSC
"you'd just be regurgitating *some* of the stuff from the old 2U Mathematics course."
but that's different... w\ maths, u solve problems and work things out using logic.
with all those english, u pretty much memorise

Boo_

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
"you'd just be regurgitating *some* of the stuff from the old 2U Mathematics course."
but that's different... w\ maths, u solve problems and work things out using logic.
with all those english, u pretty much memorise
hez talking about if it had more math in it then english, then it would be "regurgitating *some* of the stuff from the old 2U Mathematics course".

Boo_

HSC
lol, Yeah, i guess i made it kinda gets confusing...neva was good at xplaining nething 2 neone.

well if the physics course still had alot of math in it, then it would be like the old 2u course, in the math that was being used

Boo_

HSC
since were on the subject of more math in physics, my physics exam tomorrow is only going to have math questions form the the topics: space and motors & generators

a proper physics exam!!!

unsure

yay for motors and generatos. got my test tomos on space and motors &generators also/ hmm i can do the maths bits but who cares what those blokes did for space research or whatever. just gona skim them and hope i dont get a question on them

Boo_

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Wish mine had been like that! :(
:vcross: Unfortuantely it was theory based. :vcross:
haha, it was sooo good, the only english i had to do was a therefore statement!!!

budj

HSC
guys seriously, this course is, shit. But o course it is what make out of it and I suppose you can always extend yourself beyond the realms of mediocricy endowed upon us by BOS.

I take advanced physics now, this semester, and its soon to be dropped (by the way Acmillan, ANU physics does it differently, they straight away jump into the hardcore mathematical anaylsis such as vector calculus and four unit style circular motion without covering the basis, though i think that i is because a greater proportion of physics students have been educated by the ACT system, which by far has such a greater emphasis on theoretical physics)

Isuppose it is alrite in essence to include certain portions of physics such as evaluate the ethics etc etc, I mean, ethics is vastly important regarding science research, although the writers could have, I suppose, instead of focusing physics in the context of society (such as having topics called ideas and implementation...), rather they should have clearly defined topics such as waves and oscillations, thermodynamics, special relativity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)