Plan your timetable! (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
ugh, math2240 is really ugly (and boring). I honestly learnt nothing about meteorology or oceanography, the whole course was just solving DEs. If i had known, i'd have replaced it with something like math3521 :p I'd probably be entering MATH3611, MATH3521, COMP3121 and PHIL2001 and maybe another subject if i can fit it into gaps.

gman03

HSC
fucking elec, changes time AGAIN, now clashing with its OWN electives... great..

is like maths 1a clashing with physics 1a... fucking elec..

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
ugh, math2240 is really ugly (and boring). I honestly learnt nothing about meteorology or oceanography, the whole course was just solving DEs. If i had known, i'd have replaced it with something like math3521 :p I'd probably be entering MATH3611, MATH3521, COMP3121 and PHIL2001 and maybe another subject if i can fit it into gaps.
Maybe you should do MATH3711 Higher Algebra instead of MATH3611 Higher Analysis. Algebra has lots of links with number theory.

I'm planning to do something from FINS3635 Options, MATH3161 Optimization, MATH3101 Computational Maths, MATH3611 Higher Analysis and FINS3775 Research Methods.

ar3nbe

HSC
I dont mean to hijack this thread, but the question is along the same line so why not ;).

The classes offered on my.unsw, are they the confirmed clases (asof the 8th December), or are they maybe going to add more classes with different times ?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Usually classes get taken away rather than added...

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
acmilan said:
ugh, math2240 is really ugly (and boring).
I still have to fill at least 3 uoc of "other level 2 math subjects," it's all about choosing the lesser of several evils. Others I could do are MATH2281 Biomathematics or MATH2301 Mathematical Computing, and maybe one more tucked away somewhere that I missed. 2240 seems to be the best option out of these. :/

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Haha i guess its not so bad, its just really watered down and frustrating. Its like 'in real life this variable plays a role, but it complicates things so lets remove it from the equation and consider a simpler non-realistic equation'.

Affinity

HSC
Iruka said:
Once upon a time, they had interesting, not-so-hard ordinary level third year pure courses that you could do in second year in the school of maths. Ones that did not debar you from doing the higher courses at a later stage (like MATH 3421 Logic and Computability). They seem to have all disappeared. Actually, I have noticed that the number of math courses available seems to be a monotonically decreasing function - did you get the e-mail today about the compulsory 2nd year courses only running once a year?
Fate of pure mathematics in a commercial society where the time horizon is approximately 1/2 a year :wave:

Atleast we still have the basics: analysis, algebra, DEs, differential geometry.

CSE offers logic courses and I think you should do it there.

drmix

HSC
N/A
i tell u wats crappy...how come the s2 timetable aint up?! coz u no how u have electives...im gonna chose one...which is ok for s1 (timetable wise) and probably laters for s2 the other elective is gonna f up my timetable:(

wish we could no in advance so i could swap it etc...zzz

HSC

huzzah, there is a pending class that'll hopefully move that ugly thursday tutorial too wednesday same time. if not doesnt matter, i work at the uni tues/thurs anyway, i can just take that 1 hour off too go to class

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
:eek: Sunny you will swap timetables with me!!!

Ah, why can't us Science people have less contact hours like you comm people!

sunny

meh.
HSC
Rekkusu said:
:eek: Sunny you will swap timetables with me!!!

Ah, why can't us Science people have less contact hours like you comm people!
Once you get further down the track (like, er, 5th year)...you'll have less hours :p

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I'm part time, 12 hours per week, still could not make a timetable with a day off. That is all.

HSC
man im full time with 12 hours a week :| whys there so many more hours with sciences

sunny

meh.
HSC
Credit to the comm people...they are expected to do a lot of their readings in their own time....

....right? :p

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
We have readings?

(lol)

amrodav

HSC
You guys seem to have very few, if no, breaks between any of your classes. Is that tiring? And does it matter at all; like is it fine to be late to you next tutorial if you had two in a row?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)