• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Plan your timetable! (1 Viewer)

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Classes start at 5 after the hour and finish 5 to the hour, 10 minutes is plenty of time to get between classes, even if they're on opposite sides of campus. Some tutors will let lateness slide, others will get really angsty, just depends on the tutor, but in the end you're only disadvantaging yourself.

amrodav

HSC
Dumsum said:
Classes start at 5 after the hour and finish 5 to the hour, 10 minutes is plenty of time to get between classes, even if they're on opposite sides of campus.
Oh okay, thanks, I wasn't aware of that. That sounds handy.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
amrodav said:
You guys seem to have very few, if no, breaks between any of your classes. Is that tiring? And does it matter at all; like is it fine to be late to you next tutorial if you had two in a row?
You should try and aim for a break before a Laboratory for first-year Biology courses in particular 1101. Also, I'm sorry to break this out, but don't trust the "Classes finish before 5 mins of the end", as some Tutors especially Math tutors will ask you NOT to leave early...and in Biology Labs if you come in late, they'll be damn angry, telling you that "I've told you all again and again, come on TIME!" Especially BIOS1201 lab demos. :p

Just remember, for ANY labs be it Chem or Biology, leave an hour gap if possible. Unless if its not possible to do so, or you want a free day.

amrodav

HSC
Haha, dammit, it sounds like school all over!!

But I’m going to be doing humanities, not sciences/maths, so is it stretching my luck to think they’d be a little more lenient…?!

Thanks for the warning though.

drmix

HSC
N/A
from my experience last year in acct lectures, ppls where asked not to come if they were just gonna talk ~ i guess thats the same everywhere ~ the lecturer just got angry but that was abt it, she should of kicked some ppls out! that would of been good

but yea the sciency schools sounds a lil stricter neways...3 hour labs?! never heard of such thing in the commerce :p

Raginsheep

HSC
Science labs take alot of time and to be honest, maths could really do with some extra tute times.

Commerce on the other hand seems much more relaxed in regards to what time you show up and such...

Conspirocy

HSC
drmix said:
from my experience last year in acct lectures, ppls where asked not to come if they were just gonna talk ~ i guess thats the same everywhere ~ the lecturer just got angry but that was abt it, she should of kicked some ppls out! that would of been good

but yea the sciency schools sounds a lil stricter neways...3 hour labs?! never heard of such thing in the commerce :p
bahahahahaaha empty threats is all you get from accounting...im sure they have better things to do than to follow up on someone talking in their lecture

Rekkusu

HSC
Lol, same for Maths/Language/Science based courses, the lecturers for these are people who follow the rules off the book. A MATH1041 lecturer actually dishes out real threats by putting down the microphone if people start talking alot...and imagine that happen in Mathews Theatres....

It was somewhat amusing whenever it happened, you'd hear the lecturer say "Do you all want me to put down the microphone?", then some blokes behind me would be like encouragingly - "yeah yeah come do it!!", then when the lecturer did do it, the entire room would be full of boos.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Lol, same for Maths/Language/Science based courses, the lecturers for these are people who follow the rules off the book. A MATH1041 lecturer actually dishes out real threats by putting down the microphone if people start talking alot...and imagine that happen in Mathews Theatres....

It was somewhat amusing whenever it happened, you'd hear the lecturer say "Do you all want me to put down the microphone?", then some blokes behind me would be like encouragingly - "yeah yeah come do it!!", then when the lecturer did do it, the entire room would be full of boos.[/iQUOTE]
haha i still remember that vividly....oh diane combs :p

drmix

HSC
N/A
sigh...

and then she starter talkin to her urself (or the ppls in the first row) :D

implicity

HSC
Here's mine..

But I'm still considering changing my comp1911 labs to another day.. rearranging the other tutes.

I hate my timetable :(

Rekkusu

HSC
Omg. I thought my timetable was screwed...That's pretty bad, an 11-5pm Lecture.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
errr rex...did i just see you have an 11-5pm lecture?
or you mean that you have lectures from 11-5?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
So I decided to have a look-see at Linguistics...

Please don't judge me :(

As for timetable... I'm quite happy with the fact that it's not too demanding. I can quite easily deal with big chunks like that, and it gives me a lot of spare time.

Last edited:

Rekkusu

HSC
Lol haha nah not me, I think it was Wind's timetable that I said. Perhaps I wasn't clear what I typed :p

Rekkusu

HSC
Ah man on Tuesday I have a 9-11am Lecture, then NOTHING until 5-6Pm Biochemistry lecture...how gay? :burn:

Then on Wednesday I have nothing till 2-5pm, which means I need to somehow to get to Central then 891.

Hey does anyone here catch a bus from QVB which goes straight to UNSW?

Cos what I do is that if I take a m2 bus, it'll leave me at town hall, which I then head to central via train, then 891.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)