Post HSC exam depression (1 Viewer)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by mememe
I know what you mean. I've sat over half of my exams, and i feel so guilty, like i could've have done SO much better and i wasted my potential. and it makes it even harder to study for the rest, because of a stupid "what's the point" attitude. I know it's a silly feeling to have, but you can't help it.
OH MY GOsh :(

that is precisely what I meant!

*offer a hug*

mememe

hehe *hug* it's great to know someone else is going through the same thing. i guess to try and fight against the feeling, i've tried to convince myself that my marks so far may not be great, but my UAI will only get even WORSE if i dont go well in the few exams i have left, so i should atleast try and work my butt off on them.

Still, i just feel so guilty! i hate regrets, but i regret not trying harder or performing better

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I guess l'm lucky, l don't know about anyone else here, but my parents don't pressure me to get 100%. All they want me to do is try my hardest, but includes studying a bit and just keeping my cool. They said that they would be proud of me no matter what :) l love my parents :)

mememe

it's not my parents expectations which i'm trying to meet, but my own. i personally know my own abilities and it's more like i've let myself down. i don't care what everyone else expects of me.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by mememe
it's not my parents expectations which i'm trying to meet, but my own. i personally know my own abilities and it's more like i've let myself down. i don't care what everyone else expects of me.
yeah, same here, i know i could've done much betta if i hadn't bludged throughout the year. :eek:

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
who doesn't think that?

Mememe is right. it isn't exactly my parents' pressure but rather that i have failed myself

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
my paretns are giving meeh the *being able to communicate with pplz is betta than having a degree* talk....and my dd is really putting meeh down...he is doing the wwhole *u dont have to work so hard...u dont have to aim so high....* talk.... and it seems lyk he is telling meeh its okay to be dumb... *sighs* hahaha

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i can understand, you feel like you've worked you whole life for this and now you didn't achieve what you want to? seems like a waste of time?

Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
my paretns are giving meeh the *being able to communicate with pplz is betta than having a degree* talk....and my dd is really putting meeh down...he is doing the wwhole *u dont have to work so hard...u dont have to aim so high....* talk.... and it seems lyk he is telling meeh its okay to be dumb... *sighs* hahaha
i think sometimes that's more stressful, it's as if they don;t believe in you, when really they do they just don't want to stress you out!

Last edited:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah...i have worked my ass off in the past.... but now this yr..i am v burnt out.......i am no longer even stressed..lyk i wont even get stressed the day b4... and hence i find no motivation to study,.....

but even though.... like i feel just bad.... i am the onli kid, my parents give mehe whatever i want... they are lyk *here is 20 bucks buy urself food....dont study if ur hungry.. here is 40 bucks go and buy that textbook u want* ....and it makes meeh feel bad that i am not doing well at all..... like i had a uai prediction of 99 before..now its 90-95....whihc is a big difference...cuz now i dont think i will get into ani of the ocurses that i wanna do.... and it makes meeh down to think that my parents are putting everyhtign on the line for meeh, but i amnot able to give anything bk...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Newbie
life is alcohol
hehehhe so true
"To alcohol! The cause, and solution, of all of life's problems!"
Originally posted by sugaryblue
Does anyone feel this way?

I am not talking about thinking doing badly in just one exam

but like, you feel that you have ruined everything in your life, your UAI and stuff.

I don't know, I just feel really really depressed. It's so strange. it's as if, I have ruined everything that I have built from Year 7 to 11 in Year 12. in another word, feeling underachieved. :(

I am not so looking forward to getting the results back. It would be great if I get the marks that I want. but I just feel that it won't happen.
I understand where you're ocming from... everybody expects me to do really well, but I know realistically that I wont get above 90... just try your best... and dont judge yourself by other people's standards

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I think the main 'depression' I may be feeling is emptiness, having gotten so used to the 'routine' of High School, and as such being hard to withdraw from. Of course, my plan is to avoid emptiness by kicking up the reading and holding a semi-personal 'Literary Festival'. Should be fun.

swordfish

my regret is choosing crap subjects....i short-changed myself way back at the start of year 11. I had a crisis of confidence, so i chose easy, poorly ranking subjects. Now i feel like ive worked my butt off for no reason because scaling will destroy any hope of a good uai anyway. *sigh*
if i had my time again i would choose physics and extension 2 english.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by swordfish
...if i had my time again i would choose physics and extension 2 english.
yeah, thats a betta combination these days than physics and 4u maths. :)

yeah, for me its more abt. not meeting my expectations, thats what haunts me. :eek:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The most depressing thing for me is when I don't do as well as I could and when I'm struggling with an "easy" subject like general math or ipt. Makes me feel quite stupid, really

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im actually loving not going to school. I thought Id hate it and miss it like nothing else cos I loved school and the people there, but its actually pretty cool not going everyday!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, thats a betta combination these days than physics and 4u maths. :)

yeah, for me its more abt. not meeting my expectations, thats what haunts me. :eek:
Well, i did all three: Physics, 4U maths and Extension 2 English.

4U maths does get scale a lot. but highly demanding.
Extension 2 English does not have as high scaling but it's very easy to go through if you planned wisely. However, you cannot be certain if your mark will be good or not :( that's the down side of it

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Well, i did all three: Physics, 4U maths and Extension 2 English.

4U maths does get scale a lot. but highly demanding.
Extension 2 English does not have as high scaling but it's very easy to go through if you planned wisely. However, you cannot be certain if your mark will be good or not :( that's the down side of it

yeah, i'm always amazed at ppl. who can do both 4u maths and 4u english..i mean how could u b good in both- very rare species indeed. :D

yeah, and i was emphasising that physics+4u english is a betta combination than physics+4u maths, bcoz physics hsc, is not any maths...just purely english. :eek:

ilovemrchips

I just feel like no matter how well I will do in my next final two exams. It wouldn't be helpful coz I have already ruined them ranking wise.

uh uh uh.... no no no
never say that in front of ilovemrchips

okay...i got 58% in my adv english trial and i worked my arse off for the english exams and i'm super duper proud of how i went in them. i'll post u my marks as a sort of intellectual engineering experiment, but my point is, no point crying over shit ranks, to not do as well as you can in the exams and redeem yourself.

plus, if you say stuff like that, what kinda hope does ilovemrchips have? chin up!!

Hayley C

post hsc depression is the worst,, ... its like regretting something theat will affect you for the rest of your life.. shit sorry that sounds realll really bad. its just that i feel the same way, i mean the give u like what, 40 minutes if your lucky 2 write the best essay youve ever written, i mean, hello like we should get like 3 hours. pressure is so bad. i just forget everything,,, and like a couple of marks can make or break your chances to get into a uni course....;... aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:( :( :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)