Post Your 2012 University Offers Here! (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I got Bachelor of Engineering Bachelor of Business at UTS, Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering) at USYD and Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology/B of Information Technology at USYD. (some kind of very flexible it course, not combined like it looks)

Didn't change my preferences for main round lol, probably should have - would have liked a UNSW offer lol but wouldn't of taken because i want to do combined.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I got Bachelor of Engineering Bachelor of Business at UTS, Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering) at USYD and Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology/B of Information Technology at USYD. (some kind of very flexible it course, not combined like it looks)

Didn't change my preferences for main round lol, probably should have - would have liked a UNSW offer lol but wouldn't of taken because i want to do combined.
Is that Bachelor of Engineering (Flexible First Year (Stream B))?

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
I want to do med, but I was thinking of trying engg. I don't know. :(
same, but I can transfer to the PhB/MBBS halfway through this year if I get HDs in semester one. In all honesty I would do engineering if I were you that way if you don't get in your not left with a shit degree like medical science or normal science.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
same, but I can transfer to the PhB/MBBS halfway through this year if I get HDs in semester one. In all honesty I would do engineering if I were you that way if you don't get in your not left with a shit degree like medical science or normal science.
Yeah... Is advanced science shit? Because I got that too.

mnmaa

HSC
N/A
It depends. What do you think you can do with an advanced science degree? will it get you a job? would you like that job? will it pay well?
Take all these factors into consideration. The reason I recommend Engineering is that even though its an extra year if you do graduate med, If you don't get in to med you still have a great degree that will get you a well paying job. Cant say the same about the others. Plus almost everyone who does medical science wants to do grad med at the end of it, they cant all get in so what do they do? go find out.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends. What do you think you can do with an advanced science degree? will it get you a job? would you like that job? will it pay well?
Take all these factors into consideration. The reason I recommend Engineering is that even though its an extra year if you do graduate med, If you don't get in to med you still have a great degree that will get you a well paying job. Cant say the same about the others. Plus almost everyone who does medical science wants to do grad med at the end of it, they cant all get in so what do they do? go find out.
Extra 2 years*

Med science people do research and shit.
I dunno. :/

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Is that Bachelor of Engineering (Flexible First Year (Stream B))?
Yeah it would be, was just an option i put down for final round with no intentions of actually doing it lol.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah it would be, was just an option i put down for final round with no intentions of actually doing it lol.
Just stopping someone with a lower ATAR from doing it. lol

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Just stopping someone with a lower ATAR from doing it. lol
Lol possibly, i know with software engineering at USYD my atar was listed as the cutoff for late round and there were still vacancies - so people with lower atars would have gotten in if they applied. Late round cutoff for that flexible course was under my atar with vacancies too. I'd say they both still aren't full.

kcqn93

HSC
Yeah... Is advanced science shit? Because I got that too.
Same thing as normal Science but a bit harder... I love the flexibility of a science degree.

Try engineering out and if you decide to transfer some of those units such as maths and bio will still count.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol possibly, i know with software engineering at USYD my atar was listed as the cutoff for late round and there were still vacancies - so people with lower atars would have gotten in if they applied. Late round cutoff for that flexible course was under my atar with vacancies too. I'd say they both still aren't full.
yeah, but bonus points. :p
Yeah, they probs aren't full. :p

Same thing as normal Science but a bit harder... I love the flexibility of a science degree.

Try engineering out and if you decide to transfer some of those units such as maths and bio will still count.
Yeah, Chem, Maths and Bio could count and then physics too or something, so it works out. :)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yes they do. Don't they?! 0_o

I got into a course where the cut-off was 95.5 or something.
I actually remember a page on Usyd site saying they dont have bonus marks, but it appears now they kind of do but you need to apply before hand and stuff.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I actually remember a page on Usyd site saying they dont have bonus marks, but it appears now they kind of do but you need to apply before hand and stuff.
Dafuq?

Maybe that's why all of UNSW cut-offs appear higher.

trang8

HSC
Check out the signature
I'm going to UWS at Campbeltown

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)