Post Your 2014 Sem1 Timetable (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
Got an e-mail today.......one of my lab classes was closed.

Now everything else clashes lol. Have to re-arrange quite a bit.

Did anyone else have a similar problem?
It's because it's costly (and unreasonable) to have only 2 students in a lab when there are other lab slots that are mid capacity.

tashe

HSC
N/A
Hey D94,

Just wondering, do you prefer smaller classes or larger classes?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
But 4 days still, that's good.

I'm stuck with 5.
Not necessarily. I have a 1 hour PHYS lecture on Monday. I will go to it the first few weeks and ask about the alternatives to not going on the Monday.

It's because it's costly (and unreasonable) to have only 2 students in a lab when there are other lab slots that are mid capacity.
Yeah I know. At least on the upside I get an extra sleep in on Wednesdays!

And considering I have a habit of not doing anything productive at home on Fridays, generally this should increase my productivity on Fridays as a whole as I'm forced to work now.

Hey D94,

Just a tip for future:

If you ever enrol in a class that is less than 30% filled, beware that it might be closed and you might have to change your timetable. Luckily it wasn't too big of a problem for me.

D94

HSC
N/A
Hey D94,

Well small is preferred since you can actually engage with the tutor (I assume you are referring to tutorials). But given the nature of (mechanical) engineering, almost all classes will fill to at least 80% capacity, if not 100%.

Labs are a bit different though, but there are advantages for both small and large (which can be applied to tutorials as well). Smaller labs will allow you to have more attention from the demonstrator and potentially finish quicker. Larger labs will allow you to have the knowledge of your peers as well, and people generally work together to get the lab done as fast as possible. You will also most likely be with your friends so it's a good atmosphere.

It's also good in small classes to be able to build rapport with the tutor or lab demonstrator. You never know where they might end up, maybe in a huge company or whatever. One of my lab demonstrators was talking about how the company he works for, Red Bull Racing, was hiring undergrad interns.

Overall, I'm fairly indifferent to class size, but probably lean closer to smaller classes.

hooloovoo

HSC
I never use rectangles, personally - it's better to manually look at the class timetables using the Timetables website (http://timetable.unsw.edu.au/) and plan it there. That way, you can edit your timetable to whatever you want - and include things like "I can't have x lecture after y class because I need z time after y class because of distance from COFA to Kensington".

Rectangles, however, is a good starting point to see the sorts of timetable you can get.
Yeah I'm fairly happy with mine, I did use the timetable website once I found it which made it a lot easier to see all the different options.

LiDeCi

HSC
A little worried about Wednesday lectures in the morning :(
9-10am in the law building
10-11am in the Mathew building
How long do u guys think the walk will be???
Will I be late?

Attachments

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Will I be late?
If you leave at 9:55, you should get to Matthews at like 10:05 or a bit later. That's pretty much 3/4 of campus you have to walk, and up stairs too.

LiDeCi

HSC
If you leave at 9:55, you should get to Matthews at like 10:05 or a bit later. That's pretty much 3/4 of campus you have to walk, and up stairs too.
alright. Thanks man :smile: appreciate the info :)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
My mgmt1001 tute on Tuesday 6-8 literally has 7 people in it... They don't cancel classes with those numbers right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My mgmt1001 tute on Tuesday 6-8 literally has 7 people in it... They don't cancel classes with those numbers right?

By Week 12, my English lectures had that many people in it. dw

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
By Week 12, my English lectures had that many people in it. dw
Cool cool.

I'm excited to start. Hopefully my buzz doesn't die, it's going to require some focus and drive to get me through...

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Will I be late?
hmmmm. no classes with you.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Looks like I still have the best timetable. (if your a morning person, that is)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

My lab was like 6/18 and they cancelled it (though all the other lab times were around 10-15/18 full).

So I had to change it and now I have a 9am-7pm (7am-9pm door to door from my house) day.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I can only do two days if.....

Wait no that would mean I would have 12 hours of tutes/labs/lectures all in a day.

Lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)