Post Your 2014 Sem1 Timetable (1 Viewer)

hooloovoo

HSC
Timetable.png

Just the one Thursday lecture is annoying considering it takes me 1.5 hours to get there, but the alternative was 9am Friday which would have been a lot worse. I tried the rectangles tool, but it kept giving me back-to-back classes at COFA and UNSW which is physically impossible.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
View attachment 29952

Just the one Thursday lecture is annoying considering it takes me 1.5 hours to get there, but the alternative was 9am Friday which would have been a lot worse. I tried the rectangles tool, but it kept giving me back-to-back classes at COFA and UNSW which is physically impossible.
I never use rectangles, personally - it's better to manually look at the class timetables using the Timetables website (http://timetable.unsw.edu.au/) and plan it there. That way, you can edit your timetable to whatever you want - and include things like "I can't have x lecture after y class because I need z time after y class because of distance from COFA to Kensington".

Rectangles, however, is a good starting point to see the sorts of timetable you can get.

99 plus

HSC
Untitled.jpg
Untitledd.jpg

What should I do with these clashes? currently I am going to miss 3 hours of engineering from 2-5 on Monday. Any advices?

99 plus

HSC
Also when there are clashes does that mean that you'll have to miss some class? How would that workout? Then How would I catch up with the unintentionally missed lessons every week?

Alkanes

HSC
Also when there are clashes does that mean that you'll have to miss some class? How would that workout? Then How would I catch up with the unintentionally missed lessons every week?
Contact the school and ask. But I would assume the clash is permitted for a reason. Because maybe when you have labs they don't go for the whole two hours etc.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You are only missing out on 1 hour of ENGG1000 a week maximum (maybe once a few weeks), and in some cases, you aren't missing out on anything.

That's why its a permitted clash (in orange), because its only one hour maximum of clash.

99 plus

HSC
You are only missing out on 1 hour of ENGG1000 a week maximum (maybe once a few weeks), and in some cases, you aren't missing out on anything.

That's why its a permitted clash (in orange), because its only one hour maximum of clash.
Isn't it 3 hours? Because there are two engineering classes on Monday, one from 2-4 and the other from 2-5, and physics from 4-6.
Therefore i will miss all the 2-5 engineering class.
It can also be calculated from the fact that i should be doing 27 hours a week without clash, while here i am doing 24 hours.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lol missing out on ENGG1000, probably the most bludgiest subject ever and the lecture would never go for 3 hours

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Isn't it 3 hours? Because there are two engineering classes on Monday, one from 2-4 and the other from 2-5, and physics from 4-6.
Therefore i will miss all the 2-5 engineering class.
It can also be calculated from the fact that i should be doing 27 hours a week without clash, while here i am doing 24 hours.
No. ENGG1000 clashes with itself (its a system glitch) so you only miss out on ENGG1000 lecture 4-5 which clashes with PHYS1131 Lab (go to the lab and skip the lecture because it is worth it that way).

the lecture would never go for 3 hours
This. It usually goes for a lot less, hence the permitted clash and it isn't much of a big issue as some days it won't even clash.

99 plus

HSC
timetable.jpg

Here, finally a better one. Lol, thought someone would comment a "wow!" or something about my last time table, where on Monday, I'd 8 hours of classes straight, without any break.
This is is better no clashes, except with Engg1000 itself, which Mr. anomalousdecay has kindly explained as a "system glitch".

Anyone kind enough here to check if my timetable is OK in regards to the distance between my classes which are straight after the other. And if that will have an effect? (I've no clue which class is where).

Thanks

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
View attachment 29958

Here, finally a better one. Lol, thought someone would comment a "wow!" or something about my last time table, where on Monday, I'd 8 hours of classes straight, without any break.
This is is better no clashes, except with Engg1000 itself, which Mr. anomalousdecay has kindly explained as a "system glitch".

Anyone kind enough here to check if my timetable is OK in regards to the distance between my classes which are straight after the other. And if that will have an effect? (I've no clue which class is where).

Thanks
Keith Burrows to Matthews on Monday is a long painful trek, other than that it's okay

99 plus

HSC
Keith Burrows to Matthews on Monday is a long painful trek, other than that it's okay
Thanks for that. How far do you think it is? (in terms of minutes). Will my Comp lecture be affected a lot? Should I change it (afraid this was the best timetable I could have) or shouldn't worry that much?

D94

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that. How far do you think it is? (in terms of minutes). Will my Comp lecture be affected a lot? Should I change it (afraid this was the best timetable I could have) or shouldn't worry that much?
Nah, just leave it. It's like a 5-8 minute walk.

When I had COMP1917 in the afternoon (4-6 PM), I would get lunch first so you do have time and you won't miss out on anything you can't catch up on (in like 5 minutes).

Also, sometimes these things are unavoidable. Back to back tutorials or lectures that can't be moved around and the only class room options are far apart. Just deal with it when you start uni. Decide whether you need to leave PHYS early or whatever. It's not a big deal :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
probably around 10minutes, I wouldn't worry about it they are both lectures and you would make it on time most of the time

espion

HSC
Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 2.01.00 pm.jpg

How about mine? I enrolled pretty late so this was the best that I could come up with so far.
Still playing around to see if I can make it better

D94

HSC
N/A
View attachment 29959

How about mine? I enrolled pretty late so this was the best that I could come up with so far.
Still playing around to see if I can make it better
Mathews to Physics Theatre is far, and Bioscience to Keith Burrows is even further. At least you will be walking downhill.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Got an e-mail today.......one of my lab classes was closed.

Now everything else clashes lol. Have to re-arrange quite a bit.

Did anyone else have a similar problem?

tashe

HSC
N/A
Nope. What subject was it for? One of your ELEC2XXX?

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Nope. What subject was it for? One of your privileged level 2 stuff?
Yep haha. Though some second year students would have a similar problem lol.

Fridays 9-7 now lol.

Considering its 1.5-2 hours each way I have some what a 13-14 hour day lol.

At least I have 4 hours of time off in between here and there.

tashe

HSC
N/A
But 4 days still, that's good.

I'm stuck with 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)