Post your Major Work! (1 Viewer)

bubble_tea

yep pretty much..
well, you can't NOT have a concept.. or else it be digital junk..
like look at all those animations that get in, most of it is pretty stupid I reckon, but it takes so much effort and time to even generate a second of animation

bubble_tea

Awww.. i had the pirated version installed on my comp, went through the first few tutorials and stopped cuz i didn't understand what i was doin.. Lol, there are some people who can and some people who can't.. you're someone who can.. =]

bubble_tea

yeah.. lol true that...
what if you get into art express and they ask you how you got the software?

owoodley

Not-That-Bright said:
that looks sexy as man, u got a higher res picture?
Thanks for the kind words! I also found your and mzz_bubbleteas work intriguing. No! Its such a shame, stupid bad-ass low-res producing comp. However, by the time I photograph my other work I might be using a different system.... so in a few days Ill try to send some high-res pics.... thank god my work isnt digital! lol

owoodley

Not-That-Bright said:
What do u guys think, should i try to make 3 or so more pictures... or leave it at what i have?

Im afraid if i make too many more markers will just think they're techno-garbage that was easy to create..
I think with digital media etc, you are safe with producing up to 3-9 images because of the format. What I would do, if I had the time, is produce roughly 20 images and then cull them down to the best 6-9, to be left with the cream of the crop!.... just a suggestion.

As I am using the painting format(although im using prints as well), and I am only creating two works of roughtly 55-55cm.... Is this enough for the markers to get a good enough taste of our skill/ideas? I was thinking of doing three, but dont want to over kill....lol. After all, ANYTHING can and will get into artexpress.... lol

owoodley

mz_bubbletea said:
yeah i never get abstract either.. :S
but his concept is good! =D i love the brush strokes! what do the colours represent?
Thanks for the nice words bubbletea! I enjoyed your work as well, I think the concept of self ect will work well. How many images are you going to be creating?

The individual colours in my work dont really represent anything, it is more the harmonious grouping of colours and line that I am looking at.... anyway it's probably hard to explain here.... sooo I might post my essay/theory for my BOW to explain it better? Is anyone else going to do this?? Its a bit long, but it discusses my intentions, concepts and techniques ect.... go modelling clay mixed with acrylic binders.... GO!

bubble_tea

owoodley said:
As I am using the painting format(although im using prints as well), and I am only creating two works of roughtly 55-55cm....
Does this mean that they're images printed onto canvas? and well, i think its great with just having two pieces.. its just your idea that you want to get across.. some people even submit one canvas and get selected for art express!!

owoodley

mz_bubbletea said:
Does this mean that they're images printed onto canvas? and well, i think its great with just having two pieces.. its just your idea that you want to get across.. some people even submit one canvas and get selected for art express!!
The background images for my artworks(Seurat's 'Port de Gravelines Channel' in the pic I posted here) are prints applied to masonite, these are then used as a backing for my abstract paintings(which are actually old fence pailings, 9cm-55cm 4 x each artwork). So the final product is slightly 3D, with the four panels pertruding from the backing image.... Hmmm, that sounds involved and technical but it was/is a pretty easy process.

Bubbletea how many works are you doing for your BOW?

owoodley

juventino said:
Would you guys really want to be in the art express?
That's an interesting question. It makes no difference to me really, because I am hoping to get into a uni course. But say if someone wanted to continue on with art, and go to a visual arts college(ie: COFA), getting into art express could be useful. It wouldnt necessarily get you into a visual arts course, but it's something to have on your portfolio....

bubble_tea

and yeah.. i think it would be great to get into art express.. I really want the exposure and everything.. imagine channel 10 or smh interviewing you on your work, being featured in the artexpress magazine with future students reading about your work.. <=D but then again, its all the marks that matters most..

anyone else got photos?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I hate art express. Most of the images there seem dull, and even if they dont you just know a whole bunch of people in year 10 will probly say "That's so shit, how did that make it in there?"

There's no appreciation.

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
Here's my bow- it's 85% finished

I need to finish off some of the faces, the buildings at the back ,and also just a few touch ups on the shoes.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)