Post your Major Work! (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yea man that looks sick, i hope u do well. How big is it?
Imo Dun add too much detail to the ones in the back, i like how it looks without the detail... imo remember :p

owoodley

mz_bubbletea said:
The image you saw was my completed work which consisted of 81 individual canvasses.
Lol, stupid me. I just re-read your post. That's cool then, for my brother's BOW a few years ago he did something similar to you - groupings of miniature canvases ect.

owoodley

juventino said:
Here's my bow- it's 85% finished

I need to finish off some of the faces, the buildings at the back ,and also just a few touch ups on the shoes.
Cool. Is that acrylics? And what dimensions are those three canvases?....

Come on arty people, post your BOW!.... There's nothing to be afraid of, Im sure we are more kind than the HSC markers!

ParanoidAndroid

This is 1 of 5. It's still not entirely finished and I couldn't capture the entire work on my web cam, but here you go. :p

I'm using watercolours and coloured pencils, but this one seems to be just watercolours for some reason. It's 115cm in length and 50cm in height.

Attachments

owoodley

ParanoidAndroid said:
This is 1 of 5. It's still not entirely finished and I couldn't capture the entire work on my web cam, but here you go. :p

I'm using watercolours and coloured pencils, but this one seems to be just watercolours for some reason. It's 115cm in length and 50cm in height.
Nice! The first mythological representation we've seen so far!.... Are you going to outline the watercolour with coloured pencil? I think that would look good....

ParanoidAndroid

The photo took alot of detail out, but I'll try outlining it and see how it goes.
I know it's best if we use a medium that we are good at, but I didn't. This is my first attempt at watercolours, does it really show?

Thanks for the advice/opinions. :)

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
I know it's best if we use a medium that we are good at
Lol, so true ...I wish it was the case for me...I only ever started painting (apart from kindi:)) in year 12.

I've always been a drawing person- I do marvel and such.

*sweetheart*

Not-That-Bright - ur nickname doesnt suit you at all when I look at what you've done so far - it looks great! Maybe do two more maximum but I like 3 as a number ... it depends how your going for time ...

frazzle

HSC
owoodley said:
I think with digital media etc, you are safe with producing up to 3-9 images because of the format. What I would do, if I had the time, is produce roughly 20 images and then cull them down to the best 6-9, to be left with the cream of the crop!.... just a suggestion.

As I am using the painting format(although im using prints as well), and I am only creating two works of roughtly 55-55cm.... Is this enough for the markers to get a good enough taste of our skill/ideas? I was thinking of doing three, but dont want to over kill....lol. After all, ANYTHING can and will get into artexpress.... lol

Argh, I'm doing a series of small tiles, digital, and big panels, and my teacher keeps telling me to do MORE tiles! wouldn't it get to a point where the sheer quantity kills itself!!???

and Not-that-bright, your images are AMAZING!

bubble_tea

frazzle said:
Argh, I'm doing a series of small tiles, digital, and big panels, and my teacher keeps telling me to do MORE tiles! wouldn't it get to a point where the sheer quantity kills itself!!???

Well, after you make alot you can pick out the best ones and submit those in.. you don't necessarily have to submit them all in.. =p and anyways, it'd be good because you can include them in your portfolio..
do you have a pic u could post up?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
frazzle said:

and Not-that-bright, your images are AMAZING!
My Art Teacher actually told me not to make too many images for that reason alone, because after a while it'll sorta take away from the quality of them..

however I believe after reading how they mark the works that it would be better to insert heaps, a few even of lower quality as they're looking for a progression of style/meaning through your artwork.

Thanks for the compliment too mate :D

artfag

Banned
HSC
really impressive work not-that-bright, looks like there'll be a bit of competition in the graphic design field :)

here's a sneak peak at a couple of things i've done

needs a lot of work though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)