• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post your Major Work! (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
that's really nice artfag.
When i look at something as being Graphic Design.. i think urs is much better.
Urs seems much more.. designed, as apposed to mine which is more... Digital Art.
I think i'll lose a fair bit for this.. but o well.

Anyway man urs is f00kin impressive, hope u do well =D
It's no contest, we can all get band 6 :D

cuivienen

HSC
Not-That-Bright and Artfag, both your works are absolutely amazing!!...i'm very impressed...and i hope that you will get the marks that you deserve...compelling stuff really :)

artfag

Banned
HSC
thanks for the comments
i've got some new (but horrible) pictures of some of my other drawings
the rest of the digital pics are on their way, but i really can't be stuffed right now. society and culture due on monday and i'm well fucked! :)

also, help me think of a name
i've narrowed it down to three choices. either

first breath after coma
abattoir noise and sleep
all the footprints you've ever left and the fear expecting ahead

what do you think? i'm leaning toward the first one...

anyway, here's the pics (click for larger view).

Last edited:

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Artfag:> You're works are pretty good. I think you should create a more sinister name because it's looks as if the figures in you're piccys are dark and ashamed as if they are hiding a terrible secret!(*&what?*!) maybe make an allusion to a famous poem or person.

Jase

HSC
What was that digital stuff you were doing artfag?.. is that just fixing up one of the works or a completely digitally composed graphic?
Well its fantastic nevertheless.

looking good everyone,
mz bubbletea - i was going to do almost exactly what you did, but i just really didnt have the patience to do so many^^ .. looks great though

And notthatbright, that's pretty damn cool, how long did it take you do do one?

Im like, 3/4 finished. And now the trials are coming, so im basically screwed.
This is what it *might* look like when its all complete. The panels on the left and far right are photoshopped, just to give a rough presentation of what i should do.
so its nowhere near as complete as it looks lol.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
WOW...

al of ya works r lk WOWOW

really gud.... arrrrhhh im fukked :uhhuh:

....:......::::::: btw: not that bright. wot program did u used??

bubble_tea

Jase said:
mz bubbletea - i was going to do almost exactly what you did, but i just really didnt have the patience to do so many^^ .. looks great though
hey! yours looks pretty cool too!
haha, it only took me 4 weekends to do.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I used photoshop 7, 3d Studio max, & cinema 4d... cinema 4d & 3d studio cost a fair bit.. lets just hope no questions come up about the licencing of the software i used to make them eh? :S

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
once agen ur work r excellent, im getin jaded of using adobe7, recomenting nefing eles better?

i originated with the ideas of the 7 sins as theme, however, got distracted, so now im sumwhre down the path of sins??? However, dnt hav much time left so 7 sins had become 5 =D.. or less

im currently havin difficulty finding sumplace for large but cheap digital printing, ne suggestion???

okie dokie, a lil glimpse of my picz, pls im open for suggestion =)

Last edited:

Choctop

Jase, your work looks AWESOME, I love the way you've thought outside el box-o to create that!
And SuGa BunI, guess what one of the themes for our year 11 artworks last year was? The 7 Deadly Sins. I wonder if all art teachers get together and conspire...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i wouldn't recommend making the title 'seven deadly sins'.
Just a bit cliche, give them a chance to decipher it for themselves.

Looks nice tho :)

Large but cheap digital printing... if ur only going a3... go officeworks :) costs like 2.50 per print...

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
lolz wel for now they're called seven deadly sins, ish just i cnt b bother to explain my work
i dnt fink im gonna giv dem name. tho.... untitled??? (''_ )???

2.50, wow.. that's yr worth of savin lolz jkjk

tanx for d advive, i went to professional printing place n they quotes from 50 each.. i was lk..hummm =P

frazzle

HSC
Bow

May I just say that I am absolutely impressed by all your work I've seen here...

Not-too-bright: I'm still not over how impressive yours were. are you entering in digital imaging or graphic design? what is the difference? =S

mz_bubbletea: nice! do I see a hint of self-obsession there? =P did you do it in photoshop? it's interesting that you're submitting it as painting. 81 canvases! =0

Artfag: you did yours on the computer? or is it a combination of drawing and digital? it looks WOW. Are you going to enter it into digital imaging?

Jase: oil painting? very impressive =) I have so much respect for painters cos I can't do that at all... but you know, if you don't have time to finish you can always submit the photoshop subtitutions, just work it into your concept somehow!

SuGa BunI: I agree with not-too-bright there, "7 deadly sins" just sound too cliched. maybe you can do a word play on that title?

ok, here we go, my bits, I haven't finished them all, this is 5/7. I have some small tiles too.

I've called up many places, and the cheapest place will print everything for $130, the most expensive place wanted me to pay $600 =O

I don't have any titles yet...

Feedback is very welcome!

Last edited:

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
AAAAAAAAhhhhhhh pink barbie. my fav.. lolz

ohh no, my work isnt finish yet.... wot i've attached ish 1/10 of d whole image, i cnt post d
whole fing up coz my "models" objected n threaten tu kil me if i post up the whole image kekeke ('',) + the name r really cliche, i noe i noe, but ish only contemporary so dnt dw

however, d nite b4 it was due, promis i'l post all my picz up for d 15 mins of fame =D

btw, nt dat bright: tanx for d advice, ur so gonna win an oscar for best digital cinema..finfing (cnt think) hah

gudluck tu all

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i'm entering it as digital imagining.. cuz when u enter something as graphic design, they mark it not only on its aesthetical value.. but on its useability for it's desired function.. ie, movie poster, advertisement.
Digital Imaging is digital artwork really.. so they just look for meaning, how good u are with tools.

Thanks btw, your's look great too. If you took all those photo's (i took most of mine.. but it's not really good photography) i'd think about entering it as digital photography?

Anyway good work, congrats on being 5/7 done.. im 4/7 done :p

_kc

HSC
N/A
Daang Not-That-Bright your digitals are awesome! Same with everyone else that posted up their works. Makes mine seem so crappy. I am so behind, starting to think i'm not going to finish and to make it worse I have another major due for Multimedia, and of course, trials. Woo for trials.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
d o n ' t w o r r i b h a p p y

im pretti behing tu, havnt wrote nefing in my book abt my concept yet. im blaming it on our crappy art teacher. the evil 1 who chucked 800 pages of notes for us to catch up for 1 yrs worth of nt doing ne theory n xpect us to know by trial, which happen tu b on .. tues i fink.. :vcross:

yep, im entering my as digital photography....u??

1 mor question: wen its due??? :confused:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)