• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post your Major Work! (1 Viewer)

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
I'm planning to do some drawing next year.. theres a lack of drawings I think.

Jase

HSC
These are my friend's works. They look much better when placed in order and in real life, but hey.. look out for it in art express lol ^^. Yes he's a freak and a tortured soul. well, mabye not a tortured soul as such...

Oil on canvas, this is the far left hand

This is the right body/arm: made of tweed or something

This is the far right hand: random material

I didnt take a photo of the left body, but its basically charcoal + oil

Jase

HSC
And heres my second last progress photo, i just finished it 'officially' today, this was yesterday's photo.
Well since it's due next week, i cant do anymore to it or else the oil wont dry. plus i cant be fucked. it's been so long and so hard, but its finally over. The turps has been stained into my skin, my shirt and my pants, but it was worth it... i guess.

Now it's all down to a title. My friend suggested the apple and the rose.. in french.
Le Pomme a la Rose. but no, tis not fitting. I was thinking along the lines of Apotheosis of Mortality. or anything with the words 'archetype, cosummation, muse, mortal or divine'. .. or anything thats confoundingly cool.
its basically about Life, Death, Religion and Human Sentience in general.

is everyone else's deadlines closing in real soon?

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
(*sees Jase's work + wants to hide........*) - Jase that's V good.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Okay, I've looked at everyone's work and felt REALLY reluctant to post anything...but heck, maybe someone out there will like it.

It's pretty awful quality shot...I took it with my phone...its a close up of my first major of three (one is a drawing though, and the other two are oils...just like this one)

Feedback appreciated...

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
owww nice skillo.. go ahead.. post mor up =)

jase.. man.. ur friend's work r great.... lolz "tortured soul"

trapey- i did the CSSA trial paper.. not to bad i guess.. i hate the 1st one "roadkill" tho... i passed. the essay question are much much easier to answer than i expected

ohh wel, im nearly done too. i'l post mah work up on the night it was due, as promissed keke

sanguinivore

jase your painting is amazing ><
sorry if youve posted this before but, what are its dimensions?
5 more days to go....

Jase

HSC
its actaully kinda small. 40cm x 50cm or 50 x 60... i forgot. the entire thing put together spans about 1.3m

but my "tortured" friend's one hogs up all the space in the room, about four 80 x 60cm works, spanning horizontaly almost 2.5m
if only i had started earlier and not bludged the beginning of the year...

Skillo, post some more! in better quality photos i hope ^^.
you too sanuinivore and firehydra (man screennames are so weird to refer to).

sugabuni, is your work still about the 7 Sins, or did you change it? well the deadly sins sounds good. but i guess it may be clichéd. what about something like
"the err of man", or something.. like.. that.. lol

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Jase said:
Skillo, post some more! in better quality photos i hope ^^.
you too sanuinivore and firehydra (man screennames are so weird to refer to).

I'm doing sculpture - and the stuff i've seen on here makes my mw look like yr7 craft............

:( :eek:

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
Last night at the dinner table I made a big decision. My work is only now going to be two 1.5x1m paintings. Instead of three! My dad (who is an art teacher) said it was better if I did two good ones instead of three shit ones...my 3rd was looking ordinary...

So now, I'm going to try doing drawing/painting connection between the two...eh...so complicated...and it was my original idea...

A week and a day til lock up...howz everyone farng? I've got at least another 20-22hours to do...lucky I've got this weekend and monday to knock over about 18 hours...

Is anyone painting/sculpting/drawing/digitalling like mad??? I'm doing 9am starts, lunch break and walking break (to get fresh air!!) and then finishing at 6pm...so I practice for drama...

Sound like anyone else's life??? lol.

bubble_tea

lol, to all them people who think they're screwed for art shouldn't get discouraged by looking at what people have here.. Honestly, some of these works are pleasing to the eye but lack meaning, and art is all about meaning and challenging ideas of society.

so i'm pretty sure most people would do fine providing that its not cliched

Jase

HSC
I agree bubbletea, . the markers are certainly not going to base the efforts or your work in comparison to other students' works. The works with less meaning and more eye-candy are the ones that will suffer in the end (sucks to be me), because generally theres not enough time to synthesize all the ideas. But thats only speaking in terms of the HSC.
I dont think you can whole heartedly say art is all about meaning and challenging, albeit it is a pretty big aspect. Art is also mindlessly entertaining, its fun to capture the essence or dynamics of life, onto a static form. I could go on, but ill just confuse myself -_-.

You'll all do fine, no actaully, you'll do great. I dont really care what mark i get, cause this may be the last time I ever paint so seriously (or even paint at all), but it was a great experience right. wow i still cant believe its almost over.. hehe

firehydra- what material is the sculpture? clay? rock? haha i remember when we made clay animals, i tried to sculpt a pikachu (yes, the pokemon, this was years ago) and it turned out like a snowman with dents all over it. massive fun. (after i set it on fire, no j/k)

Skillo, good luck man. but im sure you'll make it. i was like that on friday, until i made the decision to just stop and savour the smell of turps one final time. ( that is after i got a whole friggin oil pallet on my school pants, reb blue and brown all down the back. wont be wearing that to the formal anymore)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
HSC
Jase said:
Skillo, good luck man. but im sure you'll make it. i was like that on friday, until i made the decision to just stop and savour the smell of turps one final time. ( that is after i got a whole friggin oil pallet on my school pants, reb blue and brown all down the back. wont be wearing that to the formal anymore)
LOL! You poor thing...it's not as bad as dropping your pallete on work...I did that about 2 months ago...lol. Fun fun experience.

I really like how you've used the medium in your work Jase. Us oileys are hard to find!

Btw, I'm a girl, I'm actually the person in my little crappy sample above...(!!)

I'm intrigued to know where everyone is located...I'm from a state school in Country Southern New South Wales...what about everyone else?
Are you all from the city?

Hey, and do you all have a strong concept behind your works? Mine is a little vague...'Characterisation in theatre...'

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If you make a work, with great technical skill.. u bound for a good technical mark.
If you make a work, lacking technical skill, but with alot of meaning behind it, there's a chance you'll still end up with a low mark.

Well.. at least this is what im hoping on. I've built a meaning up for my work.. going by the apparent things they mark you on "showing linking concepts between your works, signs and symbols, style" cant think of much else.

I'm wondering how everyone else came up with their concepts, and demonstrated their concepts thru their work?

sanguinivore

mmkay.. here is one of my stuff

pathetic ehh -_- as you can see... i screwed up the lines so its kinda wonky..... gotta fix that >< the painting is about 4x5cm, and im doing two of that size. both are unfinished...
and ive got 5 approx 30x40 other paintings.... which are at school ^^

<edit> and yes, if anyone realised, i did copy it from some 16/17th century painting

Jase

HSC
4 by 5!!? im assuming you meant 40cm x 50cm , theres no way you can fit so much detail in a canvas of that size! haha

its not pathetic at all actaully. you can obviously paint, and paint well.. although i can't guess what painting you've 'appropriated' ^.^ from.
is it an obvious thing? mabye im just daft

Ah so thats a self protrait Skillo. hehe mabye im just used to refering to everyone as 'man' and 'dude', possibly 'cause i go to a boys school (not private) in the northen parts of Sydney. I guess its kinda close to the 'city'.
did your painting survive the pallete? hah well, at least it was an innocent accident , i actaully set the pallete down on the chair and forgot i did.. and sat on it...

well with the whole concept and meanings of the bodies of work, i think the markers would have a more balanced approach. Although, if your work isn't self-explanatory enough, then you'd have to send in your process diary. Then the thing is, the others have to find a way to work alot of apparent and easily conceivable meaning into their paintings/photos/drawings/manips.etc. which is kinda hard if you've been focusing more on the structural aspects. It all comes down to the comprehension of the title.. i sure hope they keep an open mind and some encyclopaedias ^^.

i have this whole thing worked out but its too godamn hard to express.

bubble_tea

yes.. the artwork you're appropriating from isn't very well recognised to change its meaning..

but however, it looks good

sanguinivore

Jase said:
4 by 5!!? im assuming you meant 40cm x 50cm , theres no way you can fit so much detail in a canvas of that size! haha
no i meant 4x5 ^^;
you can see the texture of the canvas under the paint in that photo
*phew* theyre finally finished >< my eyes are so dead...

im not really appropriating.. just viewfinding. and its a really obscure painting so dont worry lol. my teacher's obsessed with viewfinders... and she kinda just picked a few images for me -___-

Jase

HSC
wait, in centimetres or inches?
can you still tell me the painting that you 'viewfound'? just for the sake of it.
unless it's so obscure that no being has ever heard of it since the existence of the toothbrush...
does everyone else's school have a 'mini-exhibition'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)