Post your s2 2010 timetables here!! (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
did either of you two bother to send in a complaint?

Rectangles

its no good complaining about it here where no one will read it when you could send a complaint directly to the guy that actually writes the code
Just did it :)

By the way, exam timetables are out (y)
I hate mine. I've an exam on saturday morning @ 8.45 ><"

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
not compulsory but they get you marks (and can prove you were trying to do well if you get a 46/100). but nothings stopping you from coming and just doing other work, or sleeping. as long as you dont talk tutors shouldnt worry too much

if you get a good tutor (as in a lecturer/former lecturer and not a phd student) then tutes are amazing. chances of this arent great though
what do you mean by "get you marks"? so there are marks allocated for tutorial attendance??! since when?!

anyway, my timetable looks so gay...discrete BLOODY maths has lecture on 4 days per week T_T

Lydia_88

HSC
Hi all,

Just to remind you that Enrollment Appointments are up on your personalised my unsw page!!

LordPc

HSC
what do you mean by "get you marks"? so there are marks allocated for tutorial attendance??! since when?!

anyway, my timetable looks so gay...discrete BLOODY maths has lecture on 4 days per week T_T
i was under the impression that something like 5% of your total mark for the course comes from tutorial attendence.

in some courses its called "class participation" and you actually have to speak and answer questions and stuff to get the tutorial marks (stupid arts courses)

and discrete is interesting, dont poo-poo it

cyl123

HSC
No tutorial participation mark for maths, but quizzes are usually held in tutorials.
They only consider attendance to decide whether you get a pass conceded or a fail (ironic that most people in that scenario wouldn't have attended many tutorials in the first place)

And discrete is awesome with its epic 80% final exam, despite the really bad timetabling.

Sonata

HSC
er so what time does enrolment open tommorrow?

Edit: Nvm found out, 9am tmw :(

Last edited:

thaiboy_89

HSC
I found that the 17th, at 9am enrollments open, but on the MyUNSW page its telling me my personal enrollment date is the 26/05/10. does that mean other students 'may' be enrolling before me?

Can I only enroll on/after the 26th??

Linear

HSC
Looks like my enrollment is 2 days before yours, thaiboy

thaiboy_89

HSC
well im hoping not to many can enrol before me, i can only have one combination of lecs, tuts, and labs

Lydia_88

HSC
For those who are assigned after 17th May...

Unfortunately you can only enroll on the date you are assigned to...... my suggestion is to check the handbook everyday (well that's what i used to do in first year)..

Screw rectangles next semester, i can make a better timetable than them, and i am intending to get three days off (Monday, Tuesday and Friday)

*Will Update on the eve of 20th May*

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
i cannot enroll?!! mine says 26th ><
Same here Namu. I guess we have to wait.

edit: lol @ rectangles. Four days of uni, not three this time. I guess I'll make it manually again myself ;).

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Commerce peeps which subject is the best to do? Micro, management or accounting?

writecode

HSC
Yeah, I hope they fix it ASAP :/
From my point of view, there isn't anything to fix, as it is not broken.
It does what it was designed to do.

It does not claim to give you every possible timetable.

The goal of it was really just to make it produce some usable timetables for 3rd/4th year Electrical Engineering and Computer Science students.

If your in first year, or in accounting or whatever, then it was not really written with you in mind.
The fact that it has timetable information for the these other courses is mostly because it was not any extra effort to add the (approx. 2900) extra courses once you have added the first 100.

Having said all that, many people use it thinking that it should just produce something nice for them without much intervention.

The endgame is this: It's a hobby that hasn't been worked on seriously for a year at least.
If anyone out there wants it to improve then they need to contribute. It doesn't write itself. (and there is some seriously low hanging fruit)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)