Post your s2 2010 timetables here!! (1 Viewer)

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
From my point of view, there isn't anything to fix, as it is not broken.
It does what it was designed to do.

It does not claim to give you every possible timetable.

The goal of it was really just to make it produce some usable timetables for 3rd/4th year Electrical Engineering and Computer Science students.

If your in first year, or in accounting or whatever, then it was not really written with you in mind.
The fact that it has timetable information for the these other courses is mostly because it was not any extra effort to add the (approx. 2900) extra courses once you have added the first 100.

Having said all that, many people use it thinking that it should just produce something nice for them without much intervention.

The endgame is this: It's a hobby that hasn't been worked on seriously for a year at least.
If anyone out there wants it to improve then they need to contribute. It doesn't write itself. (and there is some seriously low hanging fruit)
I'm going to assume your the developer.

Asking for contributions on a closed source project is just :S
Why don't you open source the code so people can see it? If they fix a problem/add a feature, etc. they can email a patch in. Doesn't mean you have to accept it.

writecode

HSC
I think your mistaking my intent, I don't work on it anymore.
I'm not asking for someone to just send me some patches, I want someone to take it over and make it their own.
If that person wants to go do the whole open source thing (which is alot more work that it sounds, if you want to do it properly),
then that is their decision.

Last edited:

Lydia_88

HSC
Update on my timetable...Arrghhhhh! They don't offer a distance for one of my subs for undergrads >.< so overall i have a night class on Tuesday nights (oh joy..) AND to make it worse, its a CORE course so i have no option but to go to tht class...

Furthermore, one of my minor subjects' lecture (ARTS2632) 'clashes' with the first hour of MATH1041 morning lecture (i 'had' to enroll in the 2nd lecture stream arvo to avoid any online clashes..),... i'm still gonna go to the first lecture morning classes regardless..

So therefore my timetable looks like.....

Monday and Friday OFF!!!

Tuesday 12-2pm Tutorial ARTS2632..THEN MY DEATH 6-9pm SAFE6201 class...

Wednesday (Is messy in the first two hours of the day)...ART2632 lecture 10-11am then STRAIGHT off to the MATH1041 second half of lecture and then GENL5031 12-3pm class

Thursday - 9am -11am MATH1041 lecture then 11-12 lab then 1-2pm tutorial (1 hour break)..my 'math' day...

Last edited:

Sonata

HSC
hey anyone know the difference between the teaching periods one and two?
other then the difference in census date

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
My first time having a timetable with only 3 days/week (all previous semester is 4d/week)...wonder how this will work out.

Justina

HSC

Not liking the look of Tuesday, but at least I'm only at uni 2 days =)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
My first time having a timetable with only 3 days/week (all previous semester is 4d/week)...wonder how this will work out.
Which crim class did you get into? Will I be meeting you in person for the first time finally? :D

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Monday/Thursdays 9-11am -______________________________-''
sigh :( but we can always meet up during common break if you want lol.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Fucken hate the cunts that made the schedule. 8 hours of tutes straight on friday no matter what I do.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Fucken hate the cunts that made the schedule. 8 hours of tutes straight on friday no matter what I do.
Does it include ENGG1000? If so, ENGG1000 tutes are like nothing, hardly an hour.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Not ENGG1000 it's GMAT and MATS.
GMAT only has...3-4 pracs iirc - maybe 2-3, don't remmeber. The tutes re useful tough.

MATS tutes, never attended.

Pretty decent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)