• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pregnancy / Periods (2 Viewers)

HSC
dont get so defensive, morals is something personal its neither superior nor inferior.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
periods are annoying as all fuck.

mine is so irregular that when it decides to come its like "SURPRISE" and you never know how long its going to last

i had one last week for about 2/3 days. for the first time since april. gah

does the pill make it regular? do i want it regular? wah

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
yeah the pill makes your periods awesomely regular. Because you know when you're taking sugar pills, you know that that's when it'll start, so you won't get caught unprepared.

And if it's inconvenient (say it just so happens that you're going on a beach holiday that week) you can just keep taking active pills and you won't even get your period.

Love the pill. Except take evening primrose oil a week before your period, so you don't get really terrible PMS.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Casmira said:
dont get so defensive, morals is something personal its neither superior nor inferior.
to assume we will never understand it sounds superior to me.

I don't mean to pick a fight but I did feel a good slap in the face.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
pinkblinkbarbie said:
and boys, if your gf was pregnant would you stay with her, or leave her?
it's very difficult for a man to realise/admit that he'd leave her if she were pregnant (when he actually will)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Yeah i would leave some bitch! if some ho got knocked up thats virtually an admition of cheating[ and unprotected at that] Wear a condom every time guys!

If it was mine, i assume i was juped in some way " oh honey, i am on the pill!" "No these condoms were not bought from the dodgy shop down the street!"

I am very clear in that being a father is not something i want to do at this stage in my life.

HSC
I have a stable relationship with my boyfriend, we have only been going out for 2 years and we are both only 18.

But I would keep the baby. Some people can never have children, I would love children, and I dont think he would leave me. It would be hard telling people but I would want to have it.

The Julikenz

HSC
Serius said:
Yeah i would leave some bitch! if some ho got knocked up thats virtually an admition of cheating[ and unprotected at that] Wear a condom every time guys!

If it was mine, i assume i was juped in some way " oh honey, i am on the pill!" "No these condoms were not bought from the dodgy shop down the street!"

I am very clear in that being a father is not something i want to do at this stage in my life.
The problem with that line of blame is that no form of contraception is 100% effective, and mistakes can happen. I do however, fully respect your decision to not want to be a Father, i wouldn't want to be a parent either.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
no matter what the circumstances were, i would NEVER ever EVER ever EVER in a million years, have an abortion. I respect everyones opinions, so i would never think anything less of a woman who chose to have an abortion. Im just saying that i would keep the baby should i fall pregnant any time soon. I have a loving, supporting family who would help me with everything. i would do uni part time or something. i believe that there is always ways to alter your lifestyle to allow for an unplanned baby.

if i didnt have such support, i would still have the baby and consider adoption. i just could never live with myself if i had an abortion. i dont give a shit what the father of the baby thinks.

Jaydels

HSC
Under normal circumstances I would be morally opposed to abortion and I would probably have the baby. However I am currently on medication that is guaranteed to cause severe birth defects if I get pregnant whilst on it. I think these are the only grounds on which I could ever have an abortion - it's not fair on anyone, especially the child

BradCube

HSC
Jaydels said:
Under normal circumstances I would be morally opposed to abortion and I would probably have the baby. However I am currently on medication that is guaranteed to cause severe birth defects if I get pregnant whilst on it. I think these are the only grounds on which I could ever have an abortion - it's not fair on anyone, especially the child
out of interest, what were you originally morally opposed to in the first place then?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It all depends on where you stand. I think it's okay if a woman chooses not to have a baby that she is not at all prepared for, especially if she's taken precautions and it's just been the result of an accident. But I can see where the anti-abortionists come from, it's not something that should be taken lightly (although obviously people who get abortions don't think it's fun either).

I think it's regretable that it occured, but a necessary option.

dora_18

HSC
Some people can never have children, I would love children, and I dont think he would leave me. It would be hard telling people but I would want to have it.
aww, thats so cute, and yes i agree.
I couldn't imagine being a mum at the age of 18, having seen some of my friends fall into this and have children, as i still continue being immature and childish on many days...

but the point is, i couldn't imagine knowing the fact that im creating life and then getting rid of it. Some people say they dont beleive in abortion after a certain amount of weeks, eg- before the baby starts developing human feature or before it develops a heart beat. But what people dont realise is that from that very instant of conception you're developing something that will one day turn into something similar to you...the person who is reading this post right now:D

i can understand why people would have other opinions, and thats fine, but to me its literal murder.The only context where i understand why people decide to abort is because of biological/health compromise

*hopeful*

HSC
if i got pregnant any time soon, sorry to say but i'd be at the abortion clinic within 10 seconds, no doubts at all.... hell no do i want a baby right now, which is why i'd never let that happen until i was married anyway

then again its different when something like that actually happens to you

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey i got a question, my current gf, just got back on the pill round 2 weeks ago, had her period round 10-14 days ago, and has just experienced bleeding today...what is going on, is that a reaction to her being on the pill again, she hadnt been on it for at least 6 mths, and apparently when she was on it before she experienced bleeding, or is that Implantation, eg spot bleeding, should i be worried here? i read that u can bleed again after ur period and that means ur pregnant..can someone clarify what is goin on..really need understanding here

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Led-Zep said:
hey i got a question, my current gf, just got back on the pill round 2 weeks ago, had her period round 10-14 days ago, and has just experienced bleeding today...what is going on, is that a reaction to her being on the pill again, she hadnt been on it for at least 6 mths, and apparently when she was on it before she experienced bleeding, or is that Implantation, eg spot bleeding, should i be worried here? i read that u can bleed again after ur period and that means ur pregnant..can someone clarify what is goin on..really need understanding here
No it doesn't mean she is pregnant. If anything it should imply the opposite.

Also, yes I would probably say its spotting (or "spot-bleeding") as you call it. I'm positive that somewhere on paper that would have been given with the pills it says its a side-effect.

Heeeere is mine

"with all pills, for the first few months, you can have irregular vaginal bleeding between your periods. You may need to use sanitary protection but continue to take tablets as normal. Irregular vaginal bleeding (spotting or breakthrough bleeding) usually stops once your body has adjusted to the pill (usually after about 3 tablet taking cycles). If it continues, becomes heavy or starts again, tell your doctor."
So 3 x 28 days it should be fine. Something like a panty liner should do the trick.

It differs from girl to girl.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey thanks alot, i was beginning to worry...tho i figured, well if she hadnt got her period firstly, and then spot bled then id b more worried, due to implantation then pregnancy..but cause she got her period, whilst on the pill, and now has had spot bleeding, i was kinda confident that she wasnt pregnant..but hey thanks for ur info..still worrying u kno to have someone tell u they are bleeding again, just 10-12 days after their last period..lol..anyway..phew

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
If I fell pregnant tomorrow, or in the near future, I will not have the child. I do not have the financial, emotional and/or physical means to go through a pregnancy nor raise a child.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)