Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
man... our extension 1 maths test was so hard :( the teacher wrote it with the idea of making everyone get below 50%, and so most of us did... im happy i got above (27/48) but honestly thats a bummer. especially how everyone in the grade got really varying marks, where some people got a solid 43-45/48 and others below 20. I just dont know whether my mark is ok or what -____-

HSC
Same bro, my 2unit test was really difficult, more difficult than 3u. Do any of you, year 11s have a schedule to make notes this holiday? I want to finish my notes for the next topic of Physics and practice my responses for English but it's real difficult to look for motivation.

photastic

HSC
man... our extension 1 maths test was so hard :( the teacher wrote it with the idea of making everyone get below 50%, and so most of us did... im happy i got above (27/48) but honestly thats a bummer. especially how everyone in the grade got really varying marks, where some people got a solid 43-45/48 and others below 20. I just dont know whether my mark is ok or what -____-
Dw, 18/50 for my prelim 3u finals nws, still got high e4 :)

Last edited:

Ambility

HSC
Same bro, my 2unit test was really difficult, more difficult than 3u. Do any of you, year 11s have a schedule to make notes this holiday? I want to finish my notes for the next topic of Physics and practice my responses for English but it's real difficult to look for motivation.
You're finishing your notes for the next physics topic? Why?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I got 41% for my first MX1 test and I literally came first
Dw, 18/50 for my prelim 3u finals nws, still got high e4 :)
^^

sumtgk

HSC
N/A
I swear the past papers for the maths tests we got for revision were so much easier than this years one. I got 60% for 2u and 67% for 3u, the highest mark for both tests were around 75%, with the lowest being like 15%

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I swear the past papers for the maths tests we got for revision were so much easier than this years one. I got 60% for 2u and 67% for 3u, the highest mark for both tests were around 75%, with the lowest being like 15%
I got 90% for my first preliminary 2U exam

and for 3U I got 41% the highest mark followed by 40% etc...

--------------------------------------
I'm getting a tutor though, I really need help me 3U Circle Geometry, its mind boggling lol.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I got 90% for my first preliminary 2U exam

and for 3U I got 41% the highest mark followed by 40% etc...

--------------------------------------
I'm getting a tutor though, I really need help me 3U Circle Geometry, its mind boggling lol.
wait till you get to permutations and combinations - dat shit was hard :p

FancyPenguin

HSC
permutations and combinations is hard to understand, its mostly reading the question right but some are so hard to understand what they're asking for or which way to do them. I lost all my marks in my test on permutations and combinations but i probably should have studied more than 2 hours for it

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Ah yes! My 2U test (50-ish questions) in 40 minutes was much harder compared to my 3U test (15 questions) in 40 minutes.

Even though I'm doing "Harder Applications of 2U" first, since I got 90% for my 2U test - possibly ranked 5th out of 150, I THINK (which only our class, a class of 30 could actually complete), I'm hoping for a beautiful 90% + in 3U.

I'm actually jealous that you guys get to do 3U topics, instead of Harder Applications of 2U, we start Permutations and Combinations, Polynomials etc etc later - possibly halfway Term 2 and into Term 3. I guess I'm going to have to try those topics myself with the Cambridge book.

Last edited:

blackbird_14

HSC
I'm actually jealous that you guys get to do 3U topics, instead of Harder Applications of 2U, we start Permutations and Combinations, Polynomials etc etc later - possibly halfway Term 2 and into Term 3. I guess I'm going to have to try those topics myself with the Cambridge book.
I'm doing harder applications of 2U as well, which would explain my 92% for my 2U test :D

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I'm doing harder applications of 2U as well, which would explain my 92% for my 2U test :D
Its good that our 2U works out well because of 3U, but I just feel left out D: Everyone is talking about like Circle geo (which I have covered last year in my own time) but haven't in Year 11 classes.

blackbird_14

HSC
Its good that our 2U works out well because of 3U, but I just feel left out D: Everyone is talking about like Circle geo (which I have covered last year in my own time) but haven't in Year 11 classes.
Yup. I think I start 3u topics later this term

MilkyCat_

HSC
Guys
when you study say chemistry, do you review your notes and then do practice questions?
or
do practice questions and then review your notes?
help pls

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Guys
when you study say chemistry, do you review your notes and then do practice questions?
or
do practice questions and then review your notes?
help pls
idk, I didn't do any study in prelim but just yolo'd by listening in class and did no practice (DO NOT FOLLOW THIS)

but now, I just ensure that I do maintain coverage of the syllabus via notes and then do practice papers. for any holes exposed in my knowledge, I would then go back to my notes and revise if need be

most importantly, I distinguished what had to be memorised and what had to be understood. year 11 chem is conceptual and if that's your learning style then good for you. unfortunately, there's heaps more rote learning in the hsc course :haha:

pomsky

HSC
idk, I didn't do any study in prelim but just yolo'd by listening in class and did no practice (DO NOT FOLLOW THIS)

but now, I just ensure that I do maintain coverage of the syllabus via notes and then do practice papers. for any holes exposed in my knowledge, I would then go back to my notes and revise if need be

most importantly, I distinguished what had to be memorised and what had to be understood. year 11 chem is conceptual and if that's your learning style then good for you. unfortunately, there's heaps more rote learning in the hsc course :haha:
Completely agree. Although Year 11 chemistry from what I remember, wasn't that bad cos really you just needed to wrap your head around the mole concept and you're pretty much set. Plus it's pretty general (Chemical Earth, Metals, Water I THINK, can't entirely remember) where each has two or three fundamental concepts to grasp. As long as you isolate those concepts from the randoms you should be fine haha.

I did the same with the yoloing via listening in class cos I couldn't find any questions to practice on. Didn't make notes cos that just wasn't how I learned, but by all means you guys should experiment since its preliiim~

bobmanson

HSC
N/A
Came across this from a while ago as the intro for a modern essay, the question being "Heart of Darkness is regarded as one of the first significant modernist novels. What in your view justifies this description". In the answer, you must consider both modernist technique s and modernist concerns, with detailed reference to the text.

Heart of Darkness; whose technique as a narrative directly reflects is descent into the disorienting world of new psychology; is a novella or long tale by Joseph Conrad, written circa 1899, that established its status as one of the first significant Modernist works due to its efforts desperately insisting on the power of literature to give shape to a world that had seemingly lost all order and stability.

Is the thesis clear? Is it decent?

Started to write an essay for school on the exact same question and was hoping to use this intro. Tell me of whatever issues (even if you would like to cricriticize every word of the piece in your sheer brilliance considering literature, i won't be offended ;))

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)