Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I don't know what is even going on in this chat anymore. But hi.

I'm having so much fun with 3U Trig. Kelf.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
This is my school.
Do you think it would be possible if we ask our teacher to change from MIF to Cambridge? I know our school bought MIF, and actually, they replaced Year 7 - 10 books with Cambridge instead of Signpost, so I feel like they should do the same for Year 11 - 12. Even if that means maybe getting the students to pay for their own book. I totally prefer to suffer the difficulties in Cambridge and then do well in my exams rather than breezing through MIF and suddenly being whacked by an exam that requires you to be able to utilise the formulas on the spot.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think it would be possible if we ask our teacher to change from MIF to Cambridge? I know our school bought MIF, and actually, they replaced Year 7 - 10 books with Cambridge instead of Signpost, so I feel like they should do the same for Year 11 - 12. Even if that means maybe getting the students to pay for their own book.
It wouldn't hurt to try.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Use MIF to get a foundation, then apply that foundation to the questions of Cambridge to further your knowledge.

I advise that you use Cambridge at home.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Whats so great about cambridge ? We use New senior maths and i think its pretty legit. But i still don't use it for question(Trial question ftw)

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Use MIF to get a foundation, then apply that foundation to the questions of Cambridge to further your knowledge.

I advise that you use Cambridge at home.
Problem is, I'm barely holding on with completing MIF homework, since we move through it really quickly. And also due to bad organisation, where I'm doing other work and never putting 100% in completing everything in one night, every night. So the only time I ever look at Cambridge is when I'm doing some tutoring, so I have only ever had samples of Cambridge questions.

Whats so great about cambridge ? We use New senior maths and i think its pretty legit. But i still don't use it for question(Trial question ftw)
All I know is that the questions are much harder than MIF.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hands down Fitzpatrick tops the most challenging mathematics textbook after Terry Lee

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I also don't satisfy the requirements of the board to study Mathematics at least 1 hour per day. Some days I just don't other days I go for hours. Mathematics should be the highest priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)