• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Preliminary HSC Yearly Exams Thoughts & Results (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I cannot WAIT to finish all these exams~~~

I am tired of this exam period~~
Imagine next year :)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
First day of exams last Friday, and I had BOTH exams (Modern History and Maths extension). Following Monday, English. Felt pretty good to get them out of the way. Now I've got 3 exams left (had 2 today). Maths ext was a joke (REALLY hard) and English was a joke (REALLY easy). Last economics exam FOREVER was today!

HSC
lyounamu said:
I cannot WAIT to finish all these exams~~~

I am tired of this exam period~~
gah, me too. Cmon holidays! Get here faster!

--

maths test today was alright. Didn't have time to finish though =[

bio test was freaking hard (i didn't study lol.)

Hospitality tommorow. oh joy.

krystal.

HSC
my exams are going pretty good.
studying so hard for them. i hate the fact that they dont count for anything. but meh

this week ive had:
- maths advanced
- english advanced
- society and culture

and next week i have:
- maths extension 1
- english extension 1
- economics
- and legal studies

HARD WEEK! I KNOW!

really not looking forward to the results :apig:

HSC
had english advaced today and it was okay i managed to write about 5 to 5 1/2 pages for all three of the essays and i managed to finish them all so i'm really happy. hoping to maintain my rank (1) but don't think i will. chem practically killed me the multiple choice was hard and then i could'nt answer half of the short answers worth 60 marks out of 75 but i feel sorry for my friend who forgot her calculator and couldn't answer all of the mole questions.

only have french and 2u maths left and ill be done on wenesday yay can't wait

ixswans

HSC
Last exam tomorrow - Matsh Extension. Finish on a low, grr.

English paper was awesome, loved the questions. 2U was easy. Modern was okay. Bludged in Physics, didn't know jack, although everything we were supposed to know looked like it was in there - hope bullshitting gets me a pass mark although it doesn't really matter since I'm dropping its ass. Extension English was freaking hard :(

Chem was challenging. Knew all the content, but the valency of Aluminium escaped me.. shame, because I did everything right up till that point ;(

chaldoking

HSC
I had English today and it was very good. The questions were asking abit too much for the time allocated (for modules paper) but it was manageable.

Overall, great paper yet if time was on my side I could've done more for the Othello section :pain: But my english teacher is FANTASTIC! and prepared me well for these exams - highly caring, enthusiastic and intelligent teacher :D

Melisoverschool said:
had english advaced today and it was okay i managed to write about 5 to 5 1/2 pages for all three of the essays and i managed to finish them all so i'm really happy. hoping to maintain my rank (1) but don't think i will. chem practically killed me the multiple choice was hard and then i could'nt answer half of the short answers worth 60 marks out of 75 but i feel sorry for my friend who forgot her calculator and couldn't answer all of the mole questions.

only have french and 2u maths left and ill be done on wenesday yay can't wait
I'm over the way they say "you cant borrow" - if you cant borrow a calculator in the paper, its common sense to bring some spares for the students that forget. Seriously, they treat us like a God thinking were perfect and will remember to do everyhing.

By the way for Maths, our paper was bought and make sure you know how to do Alpha^-1 _ Beta^-1 for sum and product of roots, differentiation and locus/parabola and know like properties of triangles and squares (worth like 24 marks) - the exam is packed with those type questions!

sup dif

buy used ones, they are way cheaper, you can get them from other people in ur grade, ask the cool group, they may have some.

Last edited by a moderator:

TunaFish

HSC
chaldoking said:
my english teacher is FANTASTIC! and prepared me well for these exams - highly caring, enthusiastic and intelligent teacher :D
I wish I had one of them. My English teacher's method of teaching entails handing out a hundred pages of notes two days before an exam, and expecting us to be "prepared". :mad:

5233andy

HSC
chaldoking said:
I had English today and it was very good. The questions were asking abit too much for the time allocated (for modules paper) but it was manageable.
But my english teacher is FANTASTIC! and prepared me well for these exams - highly caring, enthusiastic and intelligent teacher :D

Same exam and teacher. Concerns raised as to whether I actually answered the question. I sort of had prepared responses which were essentially moulded to adapt to the question. Unfortunately, my Othello part may be considered to be my downfall.. Yeah, as the above individual (quote) mentioned, the teacher really understands the notion of being a student and really endeavoured to assist us, in terms of preparation; so kudos to her.

"And miles to go before I sleep
And miles to go before I sleep" - a treasure chest of exams to go... :(

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Biology i got 61/75 = 81.3% -- 1st
and thats i have gotten back

i had geography today i thought i was ok, essays were pretty basic questions, shortanswer were a bit ambigous at first (during the reading time) then understood them when actually doing test.
chemistry nearly killed our class lols oh well
maths arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh be lucky to get 50%
english (easy but diassapointed when re-read esay wasn't the best thing in the world oh well)
food tech simple (except having to plan a diet meh)
nursing good 78% didn't study didn't even knew i had it till the day lols (have another one next week on infection control)

freaksoutalot

HSC
ive done SOR2, Legal, Eng ext and Eco so far.
got art and eng adv next week.

Ive got my SOR2 mark back 93%, pretty happy with that ranked equal 1st.

im a bit confused bout eng adv exam

HSC
hospitality exam today (one hour only yay!). It was alright. I'm so lazy right now.

TunaFish

HSC
Yaaaaaaaaay. No more exams!... until Monday.

The questions in my Legal Studies exam were pretty stupid. Not as in "Oh that's so easy"-stupid. Was more like "Why would they have that as a 10 mark question"-stupid.
I think I did okay though. 7 pages all up for the extended response :D I'm happy with that.

I refuse to study at all tonight. Had enough of that during the week :(

bored of sc

HSC
Music 1 Aural skills was crazy. We did the indepedent paper. I got limited points down for each question.

But on another note, exams are OVER!

However, results are yet to come... some not too good ones *extension maths 10%*.

5233andy

HSC
Did Chemistry today. The paper was pathetic. It was meant to be a three hour exam. Nearly everyone completed it well within 1.5 hours. Further, the content was shocking. I've spent so much time studying for this exam, and only 2% of what I studied was actually in the exam. What was anticipated to be a complex exam turned out to be one that was only a few pages long.

Despite this, I'm definite that my mark will be around the 70's... given that Maths is my weakness and the calculations involved were better off thrown out into the cosmic.

HSC
i have french continuers exam on monday. anyone else do french? what was ur exam like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)