• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PROBLEM! stay at usyd or uts?! (2 Viewers)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Omg, when is your birthday My Store? :D
ocotober the 2nd! mark it down into your calender guys!
i want my own car this year *wink* *wink*

and about the schlarship, im still undecided - i need to get a copy of the contract first before i decide anything.
but yeah - i realised last night that not all company's would offer schalrships of this magnitude, so this compnay must be like real big...

but im just interested why me.. ya know? why me?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Why won't the Unions and the SRC refund your money? I cannot see a reason for them to not do so...

santaslayer

HSC
and u should check the background of the company too if u wanna know how big it is......u know, like go to the website or sumfin

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Generator
Why won't the Unions and the SRC refund your money? I cannot see a reason for them to not do so...
i think because USYD has used all our money to purchase large amounts of condoms to hand out :(.... nooo there goes my 577 bucks :p

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
oooo wot a dilly of a pickle. HMM well didnt you say you didnt like the gloomy building? or does the prospect of money surpass all your expectations of the freaky building? go talk to people stuff, i dunno, didya check out the good uni guide? then again i suppose it wouldnt matter because you'd have secured a job in the end of it all anyway. btw i thought at uts was computer systems engineering? or was it mecha too? sorry, im blonde, i forget these things :D

Carlito

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
i think because USYD has used all our money to purchase large amounts of condoms to hand out :(.... nooo there goes my 577 bucks :p
dammit why couldnt they just use it to make one giant condom to put over the entire uni or something...

oh and umm ignore that crazy message....

now, tooheyz, if you go, where am i gonna find someone else that i can mispronounce their name to sound like a major department store?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dunno if you've already decided or if anyone has already posted this or whatever...but its only 200 bucks a year...thats not that much really...only like $3.85 or something a week...
its gotta be more about what you want to do with your life, not money (which, that amount, would buy you what...like one beer a week...)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by eneleon
btw i thought at uts was computer systems engineering? or was it mecha too? sorry, im blonde, i forget these things :D
now it is now mechatronics - coz yeah - i think they realised that im into mechtronics and not computer systems

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i dunno if you've already decided or if anyone has already posted this or whatever...but its only 200 bucks a year...thats not that much really...only like $3.85 or something a week...
its gotta be more about what you want to do with your life, not money (which, that amount, would buy you what...like one beer a week...)
nah its an extra $200 a year ontop of what that r gonna to give me - i aint gonna disclose it - coz yeah - the amt is overwhemling..

i dont know what i should do

today, walking to usyd from redfern: decided to go to uts
getting a donut from donut king: stay at usyd
meeting people i know: stay at usyd
having no money to get something i wanted: go to uts
walking back from usyd to redfern: go to uts

its so hard to decide - im going this weekend to talk to uts and to see the contract.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
hey tooheyz. my dad is a really prominent electrical engineer in charge of large projects for the government (e.g he has done stuff for the olympics and so on). he swears that uts graduates are far and away the best when it comes to engineering. he told me they are taught practically so when they get a job, they actually know how to apply their knowledge. they are highly sought-after in the industry.

so go for it.

edit: if you have any more q's, my dad would be totally happy to answer them. good luck making your decision... btw my best friend also does engineering at uts and he says the social life is wild! LOL!

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
... he swears that uts graduates are far and away the best when it comes to engineering. he told me they are taught practically so when they get a job, they actually know how to apply their knowledge. they are highly sought-after in the industry.

so go for it.
yep, and hence they have high graduate employment rates as well!!! i would've gone there, but they didn't offer advanced sciences, aeronautical engineering- and all the other good stuff that USyd offered. :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
i've been told the exact opposite
i was told that usyd engineers are professional accredited worldwide and everything else, where as UTS doesnt

sure uts may have like a 92% employment after first year post graduation, and usyd is like 87% or something like that

but usyd engineers get a higher pay.

i dont know what i should do - and i do belive that the social life at uni depends on the indivual, not the acutal uni itself! :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tooheyz
nah its an extra $200 a year ontop of what that r gonna to give me - i aint gonna disclose it - coz yeah - the amt is overwhemling..
yeah, i realise its on top of the initial amount...but dont go just becoz its $200 more on top of X, coz as i said, that $200 p.a. doesnt work out to be all that much in the end
your happiness and satisfaction is more important than $$ (and if anyone says those $$ will buy the happiness and satisfaction, i will shoot them!!)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i was told that usyd engineers are professional accredited worldwide and everything else, where as UTS doesnt

sure uts may have like a 92% employment after first year post graduation, and usyd is like 87% or something like that

but usyd engineers get a higher pay...
but u'll get a guaranteed job, and once u finish that ur degree does not matter anymore and plus UTS's degrees aren't that bad- i mean u still get accredited and recognised by the engineering society of australia and stuff!!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
....your happiness and satisfaction is more important than $$ (and if anyone says those $$ will buy the happiness and satisfaction, i will shoot them!!)
haha, is that big grey UTS building that depressing?? LoL

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC

but usyd engineers get a higher pay.

i dont know what i should do - and i do belive that the social life at uni depends on the indivual, not the acutal uni itself! :p
pffft, that's absolute bullshit. or at least, i trust my dad's opinion. believe me, he knows exactly what he is talking about here.

btw- for interests sake- my dad went to usyd himself and he still thinks its inferior :D

Last edited:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
pffft, that's absolute bullshit. or at least, i trust my dad's opinion. believe me, he knows exactly what he is talking about here.
people who told me got it from the 2003 stats.
im not saying ur dad is lying or whatever, im just looking at everything from every perspective there is.

and from the 2003 stats, usyd engo grads do acutally get higher pay and the extra worldwide recognition

and i've been to the uts engineering place - its dark and gloomy - but yeah - that was 6 months ago - maybe things have changed.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah, but i guess i'm speaking from a professional point of view. like actual employers. not good university guides, or UAC booklets, or uni pamphlets. and in THAT way, my dad knows EXACTLY what he is talking about. like i said he's really accomplished in this area and basically insists that uts engineering graduates are the best.

and yeah- depending on what engineering you do, you'll find you have classes in a bunch of different places! although i dont do engineering, i have classes in 4 diff. buildings... so yeah, youre not restricted to one building.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)