• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PROBLEM! stay at usyd or uts?! (1 Viewer)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
alright, so that was your primary reason for not going to UTS- what was your secondary reason...i.e was there something wrong wif the scolarship contract? :D
yeah man - i had to work for them for 7 years after i graduate
have to workplacement with them
and i have to work part time with them during study - which means 15 hours a week - mind you, i dont get paid for this

the uts timetable is 25 hrs a week, and this is impossible for me. i wont get anytime for myself or for family, or for friends or whatever

and the money, well, they twisted the total amt using 'professional' english... coz when i read it and when my family members read it, we all thought it was for $**000 for the 5 years, but yeah, when we saw a laywer with the contract, they told us the truth and yeah

i knew it was too good to be true. and plus, if i start, i dont get to go to proper uts classes until the 1st april, which means i would be behind and stuff

and yeah - the legal advisor person i saw today said 'this is a well drawn up contract - if you sign it, ur basically agreeing to let them control you for the next 12 years'

so yeah - usyd all the way!
MuahUAHuauah, another reason why i wanted to stay at usyd = setting up the BoSoc next year..

:D:D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by tooheyz
...and yeah - the legal advisor person i saw today said 'this is a well drawn up contract - if you sign it, ur basically agreeing to let them control you for the next 12 years'

so yeah - usyd all the way!
MuahUAHuauah, another reason why i wanted to stay at usyd = setting up the BoSoc next year..

:D:D
wow- they were gonna enslave u in that big dull building for 12 years? thats even worse than working in the military. LoL

yeah...thats good that ur back, coz for a moment i thought the responsibility to set up BOS SoC was gonna b passed onto me. :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
btw, i don't think anyone will accept that scholarship- and thats why they're still looking for someone in such a late stage, coz prolly everyone keeps rejecting it. :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
btw, i don't think anyone will accept that scholarship- and thats why they're still looking for someone in such a late stage, coz prolly everyone keeps rejecting it. :D
i dunno man - the law ddue i saw today was like 'maybe coz the company hasnt got any female engineers and they need one before someone sues the company'

something along those line, HahHA and yeah, it made me feel so special :rolleyes:

and yeah - i dunno - my gut has always told me 'USYD' but the money they offered kinda... had me thinking and stuff

but yeah umm - im at usyd!

(i hope i made the right choice - like i hope i aint gonna regret it later on)

and yeah - theres this dude who i met on the same day i went for the engineering scholarship at uts - and coz i was offered, he was on the standby list - if i were to reject it, then it meant that he would get the schloarship - LOL but i saw him on the engo o-day yesterday! LOL

i didnt get a chance to talk to him though - i saw him, walked towards him, i blinked, and then he vanished.

bugga - but he was like me - usyd first preference then uts...

Wyvern

HSC
sounds like you made the right choice

i am sure that scholarship sounded awesome in the short term but sounds like crap in the long term........7 years lock in.....pfft

welcome back to usyd lol

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i dunno man - the law ddue i saw today was like 'maybe coz the company hasnt got any female engineers and they need one before someone sues the company'...
why would they get sued for?? anyways, if its looking for female's, then the dude on stand by after u wouldn't b getting the offer then!! :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
yeah man - i had to work for them for 7 years after i graduate
have to workplacement with them
and i have to work part time with them during study - which means 15 hours a week - mind you, i dont get paid for this
Theres the almighty rip off catch.

No wonder you rejected it, that's most possibly the worst scholarship I've ever encountered. Working for them for SEVEN years post-degree? And 15 hours a week during study non-paid? I think they forgot the notion that most undergraduates don't have the intelligence of a sloth.

But UTS does have it's very good points, such as providing me with the means to release my urinal wastes while walking from USYD to Central. :)

Wyvern

HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon

But UTS does have it's very good points, such as providing me with the means to release my urinal wastes while walking from USYD to Central. :)
LOL!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Wyvern
LOL!
Well it's true man, lol. The other day as I was walking to Central after O-week, I felt the utmost urge to empty my bladder, but that damn public toilet on Broadway was out of order or some crap.

Thank god for UTS. God bless UTS!! Lol.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Wyvern
sounds like you made the right choice

i am sure that scholarship sounded awesome in the short term but sounds like crap in the long term........7 years lock in.....pfft

welcome back to usyd lol
yeah man i hope i did make the right choice - working for them for the next 12 years seemed a bit off it for me man -
i dont get to choose which company i want to do workplacement at and stuff!!

Originally posted by JKDDragon
Well it's true man, lol. The other day as I was walking to Central after O-week, I felt the utmost urge to empty my bladder, but that damn public toilet on Broadway was out of order or some crap.

Thank god for UTS. God bless UTS!! Lol.
the female toilets at uts r horrid!!
when i was doing workplacement there in year 12, man, the girls toilets r horrid! one time, i went in looked down the bowl and there was someone's diarehea crap - damn that was gross

another time, i looked down the bowel, all seemed alright, i locked the door and everything and sat down - i looked towards the wall and fucking, there was a used pad just hanging! :eek:

man, those 2 experiences put me off eating for like 6 months.

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
the female toilets at uts r horrid!!
when i was doing workplacement there in year 12, man, the girls toilets r horrid! one time, i went in looked down the bowl and there was someone's diarehea crap - damn that was gross

another time, i looked down the bowel, all seemed alright, i locked the door and everything and sat down - i looked towards the wall and fucking, there was a used pad just hanging! :eek:

LOL, I should of told you that I'm eating mangoes right now.
Well not anymore anyway :rofl:

That's frikken disgusting. I was on holiday to around Coffs Harbour once, and I was in the public shower, and on the tiles was this piece of turd, that was so bloody fowl, I got my arse out of there pretty quickly.

But seriously.. the diarrhea stories etc.. god I thought girls had the ettiquette of flushing atleast. That alone would be enough to put me off the scholarship, lol.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
...the female toilets at uts r horrid!!

haha, i can't believe it is that bad in female toilets...

but anyways- don't get me started on how bad our skool toilets were- its like the worst in all of australia i tell u, the worst!!!!

this might put you'se all of: but once i was going to toilet (and i only go when its really, really, really urgent, and when i can't get into the staff toilets)- so yeh, its like i opened a cubicle, and what i saw was burnt feaces on the floor!!!! :eek: *throws up*

HSC
ive seen shit smeared on the wall...spelling out "hello"...
at the time i just fucking laughed my arse off...but yeah...afterwards i just wondered how they did that....shat in their hand and wipe? LOL

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by skip to my lou
at the time i just fucking laughed my arse off...but yeah...afterwards i just wondered how they did that....shat in their hand and wipe? LOL
Interesting revelation. Whichever method they used, it still doesn't avert the fact that they are utterly sick. :D

MoNNiE

HSC
that is discusting
yer... uts dunnys need renovating - maybe more powerful airfreshners aswell!

Anyways. toohey's i think you made the right choice... i would personally hate being enslaved with a company for 12 years (onthe otherhand my dad would think it's a very err..stable career for you.. to have a job in hand..damn him!)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by skip to my lou
yeah that happened at my skool when we were in year 11. there was this serious assembly and everything - damn it was gross

and yeah, the vandalised all the toilets, ripping off all the sinks off the walls and destory all the flush and stuff - mind you i come from an all girl skool :eek:

Originally posted by MoNNiE
that is discusting
yer... uts dunnys need renovating - maybe more powerful airfreshners aswell!

Anyways. toohey's i think you made the right choice... i would personally hate being enslaved with a company for 12 years (onthe otherhand my dad would think it's a very err..stable career for you.. to have a job in hand..damn him!)
yeah i hope i made the right choice man - i mean, if it meant doing work placement with them (1 year) and maybe working for them for like 2 years or something, then i would dffentaly take it, but coz its 12 years after graduating, plus 15 hrs a week with em, i dont get much freedom to get out and drink beer every weekend ya know?

but yeah, i hope i dont regret it a few yrs down the track.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
hey, how come they call it a scholarship if u have to work for 15 hours per week without getting paid?? so does the scholarship money comes to u, or goes straight to paying ya fees? coz, if it went straight to the UTS fees...then thats just lame!!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hey tooheyz, i hope ya dont mind me asking, but how much was the scholarship for??
pm if you want...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
hey tooheyz, i hope ya dont mind me asking, but how much was the scholarship for??
pm if you want...
haha, thats what i wanted to know...but then again, u don't have to tell us, if u don't want to. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)