• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PROBLEM! stay at usyd or uts?! (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by tooheyz
...and i've been to the uts engineering place - its dark and gloomy - but yeah - that was 6 months ago - maybe things have changed.
haha, yeah, i remember that place when we went to tours last year- there was no fresh air, they only had air con. and artificial light. :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
haha, yeah, i remember that place when we went to tours last year- there was no fresh air, they only had air con. and artificial light. :D
yeah thats what i mean man -
i dunno - my careers advisor was like 'it doesnt - there will ALWAYS be jobs for good engineers.'

which is a good point.

i just have to visit each uni and go to some of their letures and see which one has the better vibe i guess. i have to start from scratch.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
...i just have to visit each uni and go to some of their letures and see which one has the better vibe i guess. i have to start from scratch.
yeah, and don't overlook the fact that ur gonna b offered a job guaranteed, plus all this cash and stuff. :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
im trying not to think about the money they offering man
but yeah - i need to know what my salary would be like after i graduate u know - like if they pay me $10 an hr i rather work at kmart then get the scharship ya know

hmmm -

MoNNiE

HSC
how long of a period do you have before you need to decide which you should take?

it is a good idea to actually wait till the lectures start at syd and then try attending some at uts..

though an opportunity like this is sorta rare..

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, and find out how many years u have to work for the company for...c this sorta "scholarship" is just like when u go to join the army- ur given everything for free, and ur expected to serve afterwards for a period of time...but after u finished, u got like the best qualifications (prolly even more than the normal civilian degree ppl.), since u've worked with the newest in technology and stuff. :D

MoNNiE

HSC
yeah apparently if you did get a degree from adfa they are prefered over other grad from other uni's... not that i'm trying to sway you into accepting that offer!

Collin

HSC
N/A
ocotober the 2nd! mark it down into your calender guys!
i want my own car this year *wink* *wink*
Nonono, you're only getting a VB hat!

Eeko

Banned
or course stay at sydney wtf no question

u cant get ur deposit back
that company not offering that much money
usyd is better.
more freedom when u come out

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
that's a tough call!
Can't you speak to the company and ask them all these questions you're asking here (like how much you'll be paid when you work for them, how long the contract is for etc etc)?? Maybe even talk to some of the students doing engineering at the 2 unis and see what they say about the course.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Think really hard, are you doing the course at Sydney uni because you really love it and wanted to get into that course for a few years now or dont you really care about the course, scharship dont means that much if you dont like the course or that uni.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
im trying not to think about the money they offering man
but yeah - i need to know what my salary would be like after i graduate u know - like if they pay me $10 an hr i rather work at kmart then get the scharship ya know

hmmm -
dude... no one is exactly raking it in the year after you graduate. you gotta give it a few years.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i got a letter from uts today, and they are offering me a further $200p.a. if i ditch usyd and join uts
greed is good. uts likewise. :)

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
dude... no one is exactly raking it in the year after you graduate. you gotta give it a few years.
spot on...

i mean, i saw some dickhead in Hk who graduated with this really nice law degree and was complaining on TV about employment chances he got as a graduate when he has got jackass experience....and like he was really cocky

needless to say, i doubt anyone would hire him

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah- koool...so what made u stick USyd- the "donut per annum" deal was too irresistable ei? :D
no i flicked through the dairy today, and all them free chochies and chuppa chups from the manning were too irresistable. :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
no i flicked through the dairy today, and all them free chochies and chuppa chups from the manning were too irresistable. :D
alright, so that was your primary reason for not going to UTS- what was your secondary reason...i.e was there something wrong wif the scolarship contract? :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
Yeah tooheyz, you shove that contract up that company's arse and you shove it up high. And give'm a HAIIIIIII YA shriek while you're at it. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)