procrastination... the solution (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
how can that motivate anyone?

:uhoh:
Lol I read somewhere that it's a great reliever of stress and it refreshes your mind.

bubblesss

HSC
4theHSC said:
Ok so what worked? I find myself sitting down for long hours... yet always distracted and if I'm not distracted, I feel like I need to be... Day dreaming is another thing... like when your reading something (say biology) and your mind is on a different tangent... then you look back at the text and think "what the heck did I just read?"... What do you guys do to overcome this problem? or do you just learn to live with it?
just try to relax and concentrate on the subjects you are interested in at that time. also try to be competitive.:uhhuh:

4theHSC

HSC
dp624 said:
I think that you probably think that the bio is a waste of time or whatever. You need to concentrate on the matter at hand... perhaps ensure that you reward yourself after what you consider successful study.
Also, get an AIM for the year. and always try to BEAT that aim.
Well I don't think its a waste of time... but I do consider it slightly boring compared to the other sciences... When its not interesting... thats when I drift off...

LOL at all the "get drugs" comments :lol:

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
lol @ the advice ITT haha
hahaha yeah.

"stressed and not able to work efficiently? just relax and start working efficiently!!"

dp624

HSC
I only procrastinate online. Not in front of desk, i'm really focused when there.
Problem was, i studied like 70% on pc ahahah

bubblesss

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I find that when I'm day dreaming, I'm usually looking at the wall that's infront of my desk. So what I stuck there was a sign that said: "If you are reading this, you are not studying" and that did the trick. Every time I look up, I read the sign, know that I'm not studying and start feeling depressed. So then I study again. It works :D

Or you could do as Nathan said, punish yourself. I punish myself all the time with studying. It comes naturally now :)

ahaahaha good idea. i think i might steal your idea and stick that on my wall, just to stop my self from more procrastination.:p

SH33P

k lol...
HSC
4theHSC said:
Ok so what worked? I find myself sitting down for long hours... yet always distracted and if I'm not distracted, I feel like I need to be... Day dreaming is another thing... like when your reading something (say biology) and your mind is on a different tangent... then you look back at the text and think "what the heck did I just read?"... What do you guys do to overcome this problem? or do you just learn to live with it?
i had this problem last year

i drew what i read ... basically i translated my notes into a set of hieroglyphics. this worked because it made you think about the words and sentences and it combinds random objects to from codes on paper.

if u do this early (ie a few weeks before an exam) u might remember all the info/ key points of info u want to memorise.

for example i had the entire religion course in pictures on a sheet of A4 paper... in the exam it took me 30 seconds to draw and i had every point to get full marks for the Q

the only bad thing is that it takes a long time to do... very pointless if u dont memorise the pictures :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)