• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Procrastinon due to lack of motivation (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
M@ster P said:
Its healthy to procastinate every now and then.

If someone says they have never procastinated they are lying
Yeah, that's true. But...

...I need to change my pathetic attitude towards my academic studies. :mad: :mad:

I don't know how to do that in just few days.

M@ster P

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, that's true. But...

...I need to change my pathetic attitude towards my academic studies. :mad: :mad:

I don't know how to do that in just few days.
Why in a few days?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
M@ster P said:
Why in a few days?
In three days, I will get my exam notification for Chemistry. I will need to start studying from that day.

M@ster P

HSC
lyounamu said:
In three days, I will get my exam notification for Chemistry. I will need to start studying from that day.
So that's when you start studying for a test, the day you get your exam notification, im guessing thats around 2 weeks prior to the test day

Cerry

HSC
lyounamu, it honestly sounds as though your biggest problem is that you've managed to convince yourself that you can't fix your problem. You know why you're not getting anything done, and you know that it's going to screw you over. Clearly, you know that if you're not studying, then you're going to get crap marks, and that's going to make you miserable, especially after all your hard work to get the sorts of marks you were getting. In theory, the only thing stopping you from studying now is the fact that you don't think you will (yeah, I know it's not that simple). If I were you, I would just sit down and do whatever it is that needs doing (once again, easier said than done). And if worst comes to worst, then you'll do crap in your exams, and that will motivate you - one bad assessment in each subject is easy enough to make up for, so don't let that de-motivate you. It's only once you start thinking that it's going to be easy to make up for shit marks worth 30%+ of your assessment that it will become a big problem.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Cerry said:
lyounamu, it honestly sounds as though your biggest problem is that you've managed to convince yourself that you can't fix your problem. You know why you're not getting anything done, and you know that it's going to screw you over. Clearly, you know that if you're not studying, then you're going to get crap marks, and that's going to make you miserable, especially after all your hard work to get the sorts of marks you were getting. In theory, the only thing stopping you from studying now is the fact that you don't think you will (yeah, I know it's not that simple). If I were you, I would just sit down and do whatever it is that needs doing (once again, easier said than done). And if worst comes to worst, then you'll do crap in your exams, and that will motivate you - one bad assessment in each subject is easy enough to make up for, so don't let that de-motivate you. It's only once you start thinking that it's going to be easy to make up for shit marks worth 30%+ of your assessment that it will become a big problem.
Thanks for that. Wow, that's a spot-on analysis of my illness!

I just cleaned my room and got rid of all the unnecessary items & stuffs. I am going to start all over again. I will start afresh like I did in Year 9 & Year 10. Again, I really appreciate your advice & I hope to help you sometimes soon (that's when you need help). :uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Cerry

HSC
Not a problem...I had a kind of similar problem the first time I ever had to do exams (although, that was in year 7, because I'm at a private school), and I got a good kick up the ass when I got my results back. I'm still horrible at actually doing productive study most of the time, and I've turned procrastination into an artform, but I now have a much better idea of when I actually need to study, and when I'm just deluding myself.

3unitz

HSC
N/A
its not really worth studying that much anyway, you'll get a high enough uai without having to get 100% in every school assessment. you'd also get a higher uai if you didnt go to class for any of your prelim subjects, and read hsc excel summaries at home. in the end youre just gonna study your arse off for 2 years for an overkilled entry into some low cutoff science/engineering/math degree.

just open up some more internet and chill.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
3unitz said:
its not really worth studying that much anyway, you'll get a high enough uai without having to get 100% in every school assessment. you'd also get a higher uai if you didnt go to class for any of your prelim subjects, and read hsc excel summaries at home. in the end youre just gonna study your arse off for 2 years for an overkilled entry into some low cutoff science/engineering/math degree.

Why do you think that I won't need a high UAI?

It's actually true that I do not need a UAI of 99 or 98. But I want to test my potential. I want to see how far I can go. Another reason is to broaden my options since I am not 100% sure about the future career path.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
3unitz said:

with that kind of attitude you'd get no where.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
It is good to see I am not the only one who hasnt jumped straight back into school work for term 2. I am having a similar problem aswell, procrastination is becoming a daily ritual. The only subject I am really taking seriously is Maths.

Shock has a habit of shaking me out of my apathy. I have started to take my maths much more seriously after failing my extension test. I know its a negative thought but maybe a bad result or something of that nature will bring you back on track. Dont forget that a bad experience can always bring something positive.

Also remind yourself of what you want, what is your goal. It may be recieving a UAI of 100 or topping all your subjects, it is only through hard work and determination that you will get there. Stay focused, you might have burnt out after term one but I'm sure you will pick yourself up and get back on track. Keep us posted on what happens. :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
It is good to see I am not the only one who hasnt jumped straight back into school work for term 2. I am having a similar problem aswell, procrastination is becoming a daily ritual. The only subject I am really taking seriously is Maths.

Shock has a habit of shaking me out of my apathy. I have started to take my maths much more seriously after failing my extension test. I know its a negative thought but maybe a bad result or something of that nature will bring you back on track. Dont forget that a bad experience can always bring something positive.

Also remind yourself of what you want, what is your goal. It may be recieving a UAI of 100 or topping all your subjects, it is only through hard work and determination that you will get there. Stay focused, you might have burnt out after term one but I'm sure you will pick yourself up and get back on track. Keep us posted on what happens. :)
Thanks for the advice. I shall inform you of my latest event. :D :D :D

Shoubadoo

HSC
Lyounamu, seeing as you used to be such a diligent student, I'm sure this is just a phase- you realise how much work is ahead and it may be overhwelming and you just don't feel up to it. But like Sarah182 said, you will pick yourself up and get into a good rhythm and ace your hsc.
Oh and one tip- if you're not doing it already, exercise is really important- it helps balance out the hours we sit and study and do homework and assignments.
It'll all be good :]

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Shoubadoo said:
Lyounamu, seeing as you used to be such a diligent student, I'm sure this is just a phase- you realise how much work is ahead and it may be overhwelming and you just don't feel up to it. But like Sarah182 said, you will pick yourself up and get into a good rhythm and ace your hsc.
Oh and one tip- if you're not doing it already, exercise is really important- it helps balance out the hours we sit and study and do homework and assignments.
It'll all be good :]
Yep, exercise also improves concentration. Vital for exams, learning etc.
excellent advice.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The great Lyounamu is procrastinating :eek:

Trajan

HSC
Nah, I think Lyounamu will pick himself up and get out of this minor rut that he's in.

I mean even Jordan didn't win all the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)