• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Procrastinon due to lack of motivation (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
lyounamu said:
Well, I guess you are right. But my parents don't pressure me (because they never tell me to study & tell me to go outside!) but they expect me to get high UAI (that pressures me indirectly) automatically. I think that's not right.
It's good tho that your parents don't pressure you to study. My parents don't believe in rest/balance, they think in the more study = better marks. So they are always telling me to study and not go out etc. Even if I spend the whole day studying (12 hrs+) and play a game of CSS, they are like omg.. what are you doing? playing games.. !! your marks are shit, go study. :(
ahh well.. it's good that you're back on track. Best of luck for the upcoming exams!! :read:

dtmur

HSC
yeah agreed but i guess thats what they are there for, i guess almost as a motivation, providing its not so full on and pressuring

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
lol I have never pulled an all nighter. I think that i have stayed up till like 10 doing an assignment but never all night and not get any sleep.lol i think I probably will this term though at one point when we have heaps off assesments.

WOW
u srs??

i had to 8 all nighters
but i do everything at the last moment =/

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I have never experienced an all nighter :rolleyes:

shea-stadium

HSC
personally,
yes, hsc is important.
but not enough to stress out on.
okay, im not the best role model.
seeing as i have half yearlies this week and im on here,.
but ill admit i have done my fair share of all nighters.
my rule is.. if it gets past 4 oclock. you dont sleep at all.
i had one and a half all nighters in a row.. that killed me.

but seriously..
chillax!
i know from experience, life is WAY too short already. and some people get theirs taken away far too soon.
so there is no point stressing out that much cause its not always going to be worth is.
fair enough, try your best and get yourself a good education, but dont waste the best years of your life worrying yourself sick about the petty little problems.

grow up and actually LIVE life.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
i've lost count of the times i've pulled all-nighters that turned into school days. maybe because the digusting amount of all-nighters pulled turned into on-off insomnia that has screwed up my memory by the tender age of 15/16.

just don't do it.

HSC
sometimes you wonder if it is worth pulling off an all nighter or just not handing it in and being penalised 10% each day. if you pull an all nighter then the chances are it isn't the best you can do.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
melanieeestroll said:
sometimes you wonder if it is worth pulling off an all nighter or just not handing it in and being penalised 10% each day. if you pull an all nighter then the chances are it isn't the best you can do.
they would be the same thing if you did it bit by bit

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
melanieeestroll said:
lol if we dont hand it in when its due its worth 0

chriskoss

HSC
mle43 said:
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow

[/FONT]
....Ur soooo clever
*cough*

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Thankyou for making this topic. I have the motivation I need ;)

Jess007

HSC
i dont know how people can pull an all nighter. i have never had one or had the need to have one. if u put it off due to your own lack of motivation then your stupid and i wont give u any sympathy.your own fault for not starting earlier... and im in year 12, so i dont know why people are saying ' wait till yr 12' it makes no difference. its just stupid to pull an all nighter...lazy really..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)