Progress Logbook (NO OFF TOPIC PLS) (2 Viewers)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
hey i have a multimodal task due soon too! can you please give some advice on it pls, it’s just the draft is due on friday and like the teacher has not done anything related to it in class (examples of it, analysing etc)
bruh im literally dying myself

but sure send ur draft essay over but i probably wont get to it before thursday night or smth

kkk579

hello
HSC
Hello guys I am very stuck.

Quote: If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this

Romeo’s love is further exemplified through metaphorical imagery in “If I profane with my unworthiest hand/This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this,” where it is connected to the divine purity of religion, implying that his love can only be articulated through this. Furthermore, a transparent relationship can be deduced between Romeo and his faithfulness towards Catholicism which was considered the centre of Elizabethan England. Luhrmann also implements this notion of religion in several parts of the adaptation, which is successfully accomplished through both high and low angle shots of Christ and the Virgin Mary, possibly suggesting that a Catholic’s admiration for their religion is absorbed from every perspective, even when encompassed by a violent city, comparable to Romeo’s love for Juliet.

Apparently it isnt a good idea to talk too much about religion when talking about romantic love between romeo and juliet and someone said that "admiration for their religion is absorbed from every perspective" (i kinda just bullshitted that reasoning ngl thats why it makes no sense) how do i fix this? any advice?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Hello guys I am very stuck.

Quote: If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this

Romeo’s love is further exemplified through metaphorical imagery in “If I profane with my unworthiest hand/This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this,” where it is connected to the divine purity of religion, implying that his love can only be articulated through this. Furthermore, a transparent relationship can be deduced between Romeo and his faithfulness towards Catholicism which was considered the centre of Elizabethan England. Luhrmann also implements this notion of religion in several parts of the adaptation, which is successfully accomplished through both high and low angle shots of Christ and the Virgin Mary, possibly suggesting that a Catholic’s admiration for their religion is absorbed from every perspective, even when encompassed by a violent city, comparable to Romeo’s love for Juliet.

Apparently it isnt a good idea to talk too much about religion when talking about romantic love between romeo and juliet and someone said that "admiration for their religion is absorbed from every perspective" (i kinda just bullshitted that reasoning ngl thats why it makes no sense) how do i fix this? any advice?
I'm not a english nerd, but I think u might needa specify what ur comparative is about/ the question so they know how you could manipulate your piece without needing to restart with another quote

kkk579

hello
HSC
I'm not a english nerd, but I think u might needa specify what ur comparative is about/ the question so they know how you could manipulate your piece without needing to restart with another quote
Basically the comparative is about the theme of love between luhrmanns 1996 film romeo and juliet and shakespeares romeo and juliet and its about how the play is transformed into the movie. however its an exam so idk the exact q but im just preparing by writing analysis on romantic love since i decided that it'll be the key idea of one of my bps (since the notif mentions diff types of love)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Basically the comparative is about the theme of love between luhrmanns 1996 film romeo and juliet and shakespeares romeo and juliet and its about how the play is transformed into the movie. however its an exam so idk the exact q but im just preparing by writing analysis on romantic love since i decided that it'll be the key idea of one of my bps (since the notif mentions diff types of love)
Well yeah then. Religion does not really have any part in the theme of love (well at least for a y10 standard idt). Using that as analysis doesn't support your arguements, which ultimately means its not going to really add anyhting to ur essay draft. I'd say scrap the quote and maybe find something else in the book (or just be a sigma male and use litcharts- does all the work 4 u) that relates more into the themes of love. also remember to have your thesis at the start to support your quote. (my 5 cents)

kkk579

hello
HSC
Well yeah then. Religion does not really have any part in the theme of love (well at least for a y10 standard idt). Using that as analysis doesn't support your arguements, which ultimately means its not going to really add anyhting to ur essay draft. I'd say scrap the quote and maybe find something else in the book (or just be a sigma male and use litcharts- does all the work 4 u) that relates more into the themes of love. also remember to have your thesis at the start to support your quote. (my 5 cents)
It’s just like the part of the bp it’s not the entire bp lol. Yeah alright that makes sense so i’ll just have to find a new quote. It’s kinda hard finding the quotes ngl the fucken dumb shakespeare language is so hard to understand

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
It’s just like the part of the bp it’s not the entire bp lol. Yeah alright that makes sense so i’ll just have to find a new quote. It’s kinda hard finding the quotes ngl the fucken dumb shakespeare language is so hard to understand
use the litcharts normal to modern pdf

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
i dont remember much cuz i studied it ages ago but in my essay i talked about the narrative trope of star crossed lovers- and thats good way to link it to religious conventions while focusing on how it transformed through the different representations of love or whatever u want ur essay to be centralised on and u can extend this to the appropriation which is the film u study . i can kinda go over my notes or class slides over the weekens and give u some suggestions but not rn

Last edited:

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
i dont remember much cuz i studied it ages ago but in my essay i talked about the narrative trope of star crossed lovers- and thats good way to link it to religious conventions while focusing on how it transformed through the different representations of love or whatever u want ur essay to be centralised on and u can extend this through the appropriation which is the film u study . i can kinda go over my notes or class slides over the weekens and give u some suggestions but not rn
Bros boutta eddie woo romeo and julliet 💀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)