Pros and cons of enrolling into a selective school for Year 12 (1 Viewer)

Ryan_T90

HSC
Prelim means jack shit, try out for the selective school. It won't effect your HSC.

Gigacube

HSC
Spi, what is your current school rank and which selective high school are you thinking of applying at? I think it would also be good to enrol in a partially selective high school because it may be easier to get into.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Spi, what is your current school rank and which selective high school are you thinking of applying at? I think it would also be good to enrol in a partially selective high school because it may be easier to get into.
I am already enrolled in a "considered" partially selective high school. 182, I want to go to any selective school that will accept me, maybe Sydney Boys since they still accept enrolments.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Yo, Slyhunter, how's your school canteen?
Going downhill. Chicken tender rolls went up from $2.00 to $4.00 during my time here. Damn.

From what I heard in selective schools,

• Students study at lunch.

• Graffiti free toilets.

• Free of noisy kids.

• Nearly all students do 4 unit maths.
False
False
Very false
Half-true

Therefore, selective schools are OK.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Spiral i doubt the school your at can be worse then the school im at. There is probably only 10/160 students that take their work seriously. And the rest like 80/160 take partial interest in their work and the other 70/160 don't give a crap about what they are doing

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Spiral i doubt the school your at can be worse then the school im at. There is probably only 10/160 students that take their work seriously. And the rest like 80/160 take partial interest in their work and the other 70/160 don't give a crap about what they are doing
I beg to differ.

Gigacube

HSC
I am already enrolled in a "considered" partially selective high school. 182, I want to go to any selective school that will accept me, maybe Sydney Boys since they still accept enrolments.
You better apply ASAP because most selective schools close off entry in Year 12. Call them up or email them and see if you can arrange an interview or a tour of the school. They will also look at your past 2 school reports too and let them know of any extracurricular activities you do.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
You better apply ASAP because most selective schools close off entry in Year 12. Call them up or email them and see if you can arrange an interview or a tour of the school. They will also look at your past 2 school reports too and let them know of any extracurricular activities you do.
Thanks Jules. :)

Ryan_T90

HSC
How the hell do you find your school ranking? haha.

By the way, no one should be saying their school is shit unless you've been to my school. If you knew where I come from, I am sure you would understand :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
How the hell do you find your school ranking? haha.

By the way, no one should be saying their school is shit unless you've been to my school. If you knew where I come from, I am sure you would understand :)
Google, type in 2010 HSC school ranks.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Get ready to be astonished by my school rank. seriously

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
anna whats your schools rank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)