• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Qn to the modern day Muslim youth... (1 Viewer)

proletariat

HSC
I would never even /go out/ with a woman wearing a berka / hijab / w.e. I probably spelt that wrong.

FlipX

HSC
Why does it have to be empowerment maybe she doesn't want to be looked at sexually by men?
Taking proactive action against harassment is arguably a form of empowerment. :p

Yo1anda

HSC
if its the only thing shes ever known...her consent to it means nothing. Your ability to say yes means nothing if youre ignorant of the word 'no'. An oppressed and brainwashed person is no more capable of making a decison than a young child.

Empowerment is wearing, doing, saying, being what you want. Not wearing a hijab because you think it makes you a nonsexual object. Au contraire, it does the opposite. It says 'i am a sexual object but not for you'. It says 'i am something that must be covered so poor naive men are not seduced by my charms. My hair is an evil vessel of temptation and must be covered, it is far more offensive than the abs of my topless brother. He can be half naked...its not like chicks get horny'.

You need only visit the middle east to see that it is ineffective. Men still look at women with hijabs.

FlipX

HSC
Empowerment is wearing, doing, saying, being what you want. Not wearing a hijab because you think it makes you a nonsexual object. Au contraire, it does the opposite. It says 'i am a sexual object but not for you'. It says 'i am something that must be covered so poor naive men are not seduced by my charms. My hair is an evil vessel of temptation and must be covered, it is far more offensive than the abs of my topless brother. He can be half naked...its not like chicks get horny'.
Excellent point. +1

HalcyonSky

HSC
if its the only thing shes ever known...her consent to it means nothing. Your ability to say yes means nothing if youre ignorant of the word 'no'. An oppressed and brainwashed person is no more capable of making a decison than a young child.

You need only visit the middle east to see that it is ineffective. Men still look at women with hijabs.
You dont even need to visit the middle east to see that.

I look at girls at uni with hijabs and still find most of them more attractive than any white girls i know.

Yo1anda

HSC
You dont even need to visit the middle east to see that.

I look at girls at uni with hijabs and still find most of them more attractive than any white girls i know.
yeah I know guys who do it here too
I was more making the point that in that culture that's what's socially expected
and the guys know that its a FUCK OFF DONT LOOK OR YOULL GO TO HELL
but they still look

ManalA

HSC
For parents though, right? I'd think that our generation, haven grown up in Australia, wouldn't really buy into the idea that race/culture is really a barrier.

OP, I spot a problem: If a woman's oppressed, would she really be on teh internets?

Can't speak for myself, but I have known savvy, educated Muslim girls who have chosen to wear the hijab of their own volition.

Another angle: Is it still oppression if you've been brought up to believe that not covering is unacceptable? Where do we draw the line in defining this?
Personally, I don't think a line exists. It will always be subjective to each individual.

ManalA

HSC

Why can't empowerment be wearing the hijab? There are women out there who have chosen to wear the hijab out of modesty and for the want to follow their religion properly. Not because they are naive or ignorant. It's just the stigma that you and many others have attached to the wearing of the hijab that have diminished the true meaning associated with it.

Some of the 'many others' that have attached a stigma to the wearing of the hijab, are girls that wear the hijab themselves. i.e the fully sick bitches that jig school to do happy laps around Bankstown Centro. They contradict the hijab! Idiots.

Also, men must in fact be covered from the navel to the knee. Trust most men to disregard anything that makes them feel oppressed. Idiots.

And to the parents that force their daughters to wear the hijab. Bloody hell, most of them strip it right off when they walk out the door. Those that don't get to walk around the door. It's the ignorant parents that are making you oppressed! Idiots.

I just want to defend those who wear the hijab the way it should be worn and are overshadowed by the idiots that create this negative stereotype of oppression & crap.

Yo1anda

HSC
Empowerment doesn't come from an item of clothing. The hijab is not empowering because it is a compulsion. For muslim women of a mature age, you HAVE to wear the scarf. It's not your choice, otherwise Shari'ah law wouldnt make it compulsory even for non-Muslims in Saudia Arabia. Compulsion = oppression.

Before you start judging the fully sick hijab girls- take a look how the whole institution of "modesty" fails. Maybe these girls are being forced to wear that atrocious, hideous piece of fabric.

Men must be covered from naval to knee? Oh wow, how unlucky of them, they have to wear shorts. I'm sorry, but a man's chest is more appealing and sexy to most women than his ass or penis. He could be in full length pants but topless and thats not going to make him modest, is it?

Visit the Middle East. Wander the streets in a hijab and modest clothing, and come back and tell me no guy looked at you. The hijab fails at its' only purpose.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Empowerment doesn't come from an item of clothing. The hijab is not empowering because it is a compulsion. For muslim women of a mature age, you HAVE to wear the scarf. It's not your choice, otherwise Shari'ah law wouldnt make it compulsory even for non-Muslims in Saudia Arabia. Compulsion = oppression.

Before you start judging the fully sick hijab girls- take a look how the whole institution of "modesty" fails. Maybe these girls are being forced to wear that atrocious, hideous piece of fabric.

Men must be covered from naval to knee? Oh wow, how unlucky of them, they have to wear shorts. I'm sorry, but a man's chest is more appealing and sexy to most women than his ass or penis. He could be in full length pants but topless and thats not going to make him modest, is it?

Visit the Middle East. Wander the streets in a hijab and modest clothing, and come back and tell me no guy looked at you. The hijab fails at its' only purpose.
I don't disagree with you but a reason could be that men don't get raped.

Yo1anda

HSC
I don't disagree with you but a reason could be that men don't get raped.
Which is why better parenting of young males is in order, not covering girls up.

Women still get raped in Saudia Arabia.

The uncovered meat theory is balony.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Say a single girl 18-19 is forced to a wear a burqa by her parents, can she reveal herself to a male she finds attractive or does she need her parents consent?

Cbf googling

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I think she can only do it if they're in private and married.

Also, Yo1anda, you're awesome.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
How do they get married then? Arranged by parents? Surely he can't marry her without never seeing her without a burqa

Yo1anda

HSC
Say a single girl 18-19 is forced to a wear a burqa by her parents, can she reveal herself to a male she finds attractive or does she need her parents consent?

Cbf googling
A male she finds attractive? LOL...

She can reveal herself to:
Prepubescent children (Cannot see any part of her tits, nor any part of her between the knee and naval)
Uncle, father, grandfather, husband, son, nephew, brother (Cannot see any part of her tits, nor any part of her between the knee and naval... Note cousins are EXCLUDED)
Any woman

She cannot reveal herself to anyone not on the above list, except in emergencies ie doctor etc (if a female doctor is around she has to opt for that instead)

Fiances are excluded from the list- basically your husband cant see anything the general public cant see until youre legally married.

Lolsmith- Thank you.

Yo1anda

HSC
How do they get married then? Arranged by parents? Surely he can't marry her without never seeing her without a burqa
If you're talking about a face-covering burqa, Muslims havent decided whether that's compulsory or not, so most families will show him a picture of her face (with full hijab/modest clothing), or he can lift up the burka.

Face-covering burkas are usually only worn by married women, though.

twistedrebel

HSC
IIRC you cant touch before marriage, so if you find one be like bby marry me, so we can hold hands etc.

(i might be wrong on this, its been a while since i read on it)

Yo1anda

HSC
IIRC you cant touch before marriage, so if you find one be like bby marry me, so we can hold hands etc.

(i might be wrong on this, its been a while since i read on it)
You can't touch. To emphasize this, Muhammed says some bullshit like "If you touch a womans hand you may aswell touch her privates".

Chrissiieee

HSC
Saw the most beautiful arab girl in the ct the other day with ass of a goddess
surrounded by 10 scarfies
who all caught me in my dazzled state
because my mate doesn't know how to be subtle

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)