Random facts about your stories. (1 Viewer)

Trillium

HSC
1) What stage are you at? Writing, still

2) Estimate the % of your story that has changed since its inception.
100%

3) What is your in-class assessment mark?
Um. A 17/20... 9/10...16/20... i think, from memory. so... 42/50?

4) State the point your story is trying to make in a single sentence.
God exists in fully realised reality and awakened conscience... but must be reached individually.

5) Name the experimental or unconventional techniques and structures you have utilised in your story. i.e. thought convergence, dual narrative, flashbacks.

A creation story prologue, style similar to Virgil... flashbacks (i guess)

6) Sex.
Would be hard for things without bodies... so no.

7) Give a quick summary of your story if everything were made completely opposite and polarised.
God tries to lose Satan by ignoring the existence of gates (Charon) and Midways (Morpheus) and purposefully finds a human boy on earth to act as a doorway he doesn't need and won't use, thereby comprehending a revelation he fails to experience: That Satan exists in Dreams and is readily available to anyone, no need of a deeper understanding of lilfe. And that life is inherently ineffable... heh.

8) Setting: From the void, to a suburban street, to Morpheus dreamscape, to Charon's river (all contained in Gods subconscious) to God's conscious mind.

9) Do you have intertextuality? What real world allusions did you make?
I reference the bible, i think. And Virgil's Aeneid. And a coles shopping pamphlet.

10) Did you use any of these five words in your story: Transcend, sojourn, melancholy, conjugal, insipid. Nope. None. Not yet.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Trillium said:
1) What stage are you at? Writing, still

100%

Um. A 17/20... 9/10...16/20... i think, from memory. so... 42/50?

God exists in fully realised reality and awakened conscience... but must be reached individually.

5) Name the experimental or unconventional techniques and structures you have utilised in your story. i.e. thought convergence, dual narrative, flashbacks.

A creation story prologue, style similar to Virgil... flashbacks (i guess)

6) Sex.
Would be hard for things without bodies... so no.

7) Give a quick summary of your story if everything were made completely opposite and polarised.
God tries to lose Satan by ignoring the existence of gates (Charon) and Midways (Morpheus) and purposefully finds a human boy on earth to act as a doorway he doesn't need and won't use, thereby comprehending a revelation he fails to experience: That Satan exists in Dreams and is readily available to anyone, no need of a deeper understanding of lilfe. And that life is inherently ineffable... heh.

8) Setting: From the void, to a suburban street, to Morpheus dreamscape, to Charon's river (all contained in Gods subconscious) to God's conscious mind.

I reference the bible, i think. And Virgil's Aeneid. And a coles shopping pamphlet.

10) Did you use any of these five words in your story: Transcend, sojourn, melancholy, conjugal, insipid. Nope. None. Not yet.

Gotta say, that's the most interesting concept I've read on this forum. Impressive wd!

moodle_mop

HSC
1. What's the title of your story?

It's well postmodern :p...can't even type it! It's a single quaver note.

2. What's the name of one of the main characters?

Alex - weirdly, 3 other people in my class have main characters called Alex

3.Is/are they guys/girls?

Guy

4. What is one setting/location?

A cool rainforesty reserve type thing

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick?

I have no idea! It makes it hard to research a genre when I dont know what it is....its a little bit thriller. Phsychological thriller? haha

6. Whats the time period?

Present

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre.

YES no no no no no

And ScottyG's...

1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person?

3rd person - easy way out :D

2) What is the general tone of your story?

Serious, and a little bit scary

3) Over how many years does your story span?

Its only over a few months, except for the very end which jumps forward about a year maybe

4) How many characters die?

None!

5) What was the previous name for your story?

"One" HAHA lame

6) How many main characters have you utilised?

I have only one main character...its super dooper focussed on just him

7) How many sub characters have you utilised?

Only one other one is named, "Carrie", and the only other character who is important in any way is The Conductor

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story?

If you count a hallucinatory fern thing...otherwise its a hallucinatory bird.

9) Does your story take place in both night and day?

Hmmm...all daytime, methinks

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid.

yes yes yes no no

makemyangelfly

HSC
1. What is the title of your major work? "Corrosion"

2. What are some character names? There are only three characters in my work: Lahela, Amena and Andy.

3.Is/are they guys/girls? Lahela and Amena are girls, Andy is a guy.

4. What is one setting/location? A park.

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? Transgressive.

6. Whats the time period? Recent. Set from when Lahela is 3 to when she is 26 - starts in the 80's I guess.

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre? Nope, can't say that I did.

8. What stage are you at? Finished

9. Estimate the % of your story that has changed since its inception.
50%

Around the 45/50 mark.

Child abuse is something which happens in society and is hard to be perceptable to - society should stop ignoring this and take action.

In one of my chapters I incorporated a voice over type thing where lines from wedding vows have been interjected to contrast the promises made by Andy, the father who is abusing his child, and the things he is doing.

6) Sex.
Yes. But it is perverted. A grown man raping his 4 yr old daughter.

The little girl would sexually abuse her father and her mother would be completely against it and have no doubts about what she must do. The little girl would be imprisoned and her father wouldn't be able to face her for the purpose of not getting closure and leaving all his questions unanswered.

8) Setting: From a park, to a house, to a bedroom, to a car, to a hotel room, to a kitchen, to a prison.

I reference wedding vows, and borrowed an inspirational line from an Extension One Preliminary book. Not plagiarised, altered.

10) Did you use any of these five words in your story: Transcend, sojourn, melancholy, conjugal, insipid. Not at this point, no.

Last edited:

Trillium

HSC
ScottyG said:
Gotta say, that's the most interesting concept I've read on this forum. Impressive wd!
Thankyou.
Ha. I think i'll go write it now. cheers.

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
I'll just pick and choose so this doesn't go on forever =)

In the second story, my minor-ish protagonist (which is a completely real word :eek:…) succeeds in her suicide attempt.

Two – Calvin and Brielle.

Tourniquet

Brielle.

A deserted school oval.

80% Huzzah.

Ummmm I think it’s above 45? Not sure.

That deceptive facades practiced and displayed to the world often contradict the true nature of a person’s being.
Or something.

Brielle (who is in a coma) has flashbacks. There is also a monologu at the end of each short story. And the two sections depict two different outcomes of a suicide attempt.

6) Sex.
Schoolies….w00t!! Haha!

NivlaC and elleirB are completely true to themselves in their interactions with everyone except each other and they recede back into fallacies by the beginning of the story.
Um.

Real world allusions are made to my friendship with my ex (“I’ll kill your bum” is my mock to him…articulate I know..), also, my observations of the whole ‘emo’ trend etc. Allusions to ‘Iris’ by Googoodolls if that counts?? Also references Ovalteenies. Who wouldn't.

Last edited:

joyeeta

in a town which has a ute mounted on a pole ...
HSC
1. What's the title of your story? Flower and Fade

2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Kona

3.Is/are they guys/girls? Girl

4. What is one setting/location? Dhaka and the villages of bangladesh *cringes* god this is looking bad as i type it.

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? reality muthatruckaz

6. Whats the time period? 90s bro, lol.

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre.
Not a one.

NEXT LOT

1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? To whoever has used second person, I shall give them my appreciation ($US 10000.00 value). Third person

2) What is the general tone of your story? humourous, serious, sarcastic etc. slightly humorous, pretty bleak and sad and then like all, yay! hahaha, i good explain can.

3) Over how many years does your story span? one year

4) How many characters die? like, one coz shes old and then there's one character and you dunno if he's dead or horribly mangled. woot.

5) What was the previous name for your story? Palm Sugar, Fresh Milk. Fuck the what?!

6) How many main characters have you utilised? 2

7) How many sub characters have you utilised? 3

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? i'ma say eggplants count as plants and dead dogs.

9) Does your story take place in both night and day? indeedy dooo

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid. Yes, Yes, No, No, No.

NEXT LOT

1) Why does my printer smell like effluent? it's a defens mechanism

2) That cat is pregnant, but why and when and how? in your garden shed with you grandmother.

3) Dairy cows are planning to kill us all. Discuss this statement drawing on your knowledge of TWO of your prescribed texts, and ONE of your own choosing. You should allow 45 minutes for this section.
cows taste better when they dead, but i is gonna eat em alivezzzzzzz.

NEXT LOT

What triggered the inspiration for the storyline of your short story?
doco Born into Brothels

Would you ever consider doing a short film or screenplay of your short story?
yo its like real doco material, if people wanna pay me for the rights, have it.

Does anyone like T.S. Elliot? (irrelevent but I can't think of anymore and I like things in threes)
if he gave me dark chocolate and lots of passionate love, then yes.

i am so out of it. i apologise for anything ffensive i may have said

hollaaaaaaaaa ... rewiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind

joyeeta

in a town which has a ute mounted on a pole ...
HSC
1. What's the title of your story? Flower and Fade

2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Kona

3.Is/are they guys/girls? Girl

4. What is one setting/location? Dhaka and the villages of bangladesh *cringes* god this is looking bad as i type it.

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? reality muthatruckaz

6. Whats the time period? 90s bro, lol.

Not a one.

NEXT LOT

1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? To whoever has used second person, I shall give them my appreciation ($US 10000.00 value). Third person

2) What is the general tone of your story? humourous, serious, sarcastic etc. slightly humorous, pretty bleak and sad and then like all, yay! hahaha, i good explain can.

3) Over how many years does your story span? one year

4) How many characters die? like, one coz shes old and then there's one character and you dunno if he's dead or horribly mangled. woot.

5) What was the previous name for your story? Palm Sugar, Fresh Milk. Fuck the what?!

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? i'ma say eggplants count as plants and dead dogs.

9) Does your story take place in both night and day? indeedy dooo

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid. Yes, Yes, No, No, No.

NEXT LOT

1) Why does my printer smell like effluent? it's a defens mechanism

2) That cat is pregnant, but why and when and how? in your garden shed with you grandmother.

3) Dairy cows are planning to kill us all. Discuss this statement drawing on your knowledge of TWO of your prescribed texts, and ONE of your own choosing. You should allow 45 minutes for this section.
cows taste better when they dead, but i is gonna eat em alivezzzzzzz.

NEXT LOT

doco Born into Brothels

yo its like real doco material, if people wanna pay me for the rights, have it.

Does anyone like T.S. Elliot? (irrelevent but I can't think of anymore and I like things in threes)
if he gave me dark chocolate and lots of passionate love, then yes.

i am so out of it. i apologise for anything offensive i may have said

hollaaaaaaaaa ... rewiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind

blamethesystem

alpha and omega
HSC
1. What's the title of your story? atm "secret chords"

2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Joni

3.Is/are they guys/girls? Girl, guys

4. What is one setting/location? rivershore/rivermouth/beachside, aust

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? postmodern ramble? probably semi love-tradgedy. that sounds shockin ey

6. Whats the time period? 70s/80s/00s

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre. nup i did use "melange" though just coz i had to coz its so cool

NEXT LOT

1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? To whoever has used second person, I shall give them my appreciation ($US 10000.00 value). All three!! i alternate

2) What is the general tone of your story? humourous, serious, sarcastic etc. melancholy, regretful, fair serious

3) Over how many years does your story span? 70 odd

4) How many characters die? one

5) What was the previous name for your story? haha there were so many..

6) How many main characters have you utilised? 3

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? chickens, mandarin tree

9) Does your story take place in both night and day? yup

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid. yes nononono

NEXT LOT

it doenst really have a storyline atm.. but pretty much my life

Would you ever consider doing a short film or screenplay of your short story?yeah id consider it

Does anyone like T.S. Elliot? maybe..

comedienne

The Ciotog
HSC
1. What's the title of your story? The Greasy Play

2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Methodius

3.Is/are they guys/girls? He's a MAN

4. What is one setting/location? O'Fry Yer Own (Fast Food restaurant)

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? parody

6. Whats the time period? 21st century

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre. -nope

NEXT LOT

1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? third person

2) What is the general tone of your story? humorous, ironic

3) Over how many years does your story span? a couple of months

4) How many characters die? 4

5) What was the previous name for your story? Maurice

7) How many sub characters have you utilised? 4

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? cat

9) Does your story take place in both night and day? yes sir

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid. -nope

NEXT LOT

1) Why does my printer smell like effluent? what's an effluent

2) That cat is pregnant, but why and when and how? it's the dog, i tell ya. the DOG! in a jacuzzi hot tub when they accidentally fall over each other. okay, that's lame.

i can't be stuffed with that question. brings too much painful memories.

NEXT LOT

shakespeare's macbeth

i'd love to

who?

lady_bug99

HSC
1. Unknown, i probably should get one soon though

2. Roxi, Ditch, Andrew

3.Both

4. city streets

5. Buggered if i know

6. modern day

7. no,no,no,no,no

lady_bug99

HSC
1) First

2) Serious and sarcastic

3) 1

4) 1

5) still lacks one at all

6) 3

7) 2

8) bird

9) yes

10) no

HSC
1) Why does my printer smell like effluent?You found it at the tip?
incidently, I was in a chatroom recently and found out Americans don't know what 'chooks' are, or what the 'tip' is.

2) That cat is pregnant, but why and when and how?When a mummy cat and a daddy cat love each other very much....and a few months later the kittens come, and mummy and daddy cat get the baby bonus and by rhinestone studded collars for themselves.

Dairy cows are coming to kill us all, as is obvious in Coleridge's poems...read between the lines people!

Err...talking

Yes! Johnny Depp can play the main characters older brother.

No. No-one does. It's a scientific fact.

HinikuTheNinja

one helluva naughty ninja
HSC
Hey Comedienne, your story sounds awfully familiar... you didn't happen to go to that workshop held at Fairfields High last term, did you? Because if you did, when talking to John Turner in the arvo, I was the crazy girl sitting next to you who had an obssession with butterflies. Hola!

comedienne

The Ciotog
HSC
HinikuTheNinja said:
Hey Comedienne, your story sounds awfully familiar... you didn't happen to go to that workshop held at Fairfields High last term, did you? Because if you did, when talking to John Turner in the arvo, I was the crazy girl sitting next to you who had an obssession with butterflies. Hola!

Holy crap, Yeah I did go to the Fairfield High writing workshop thingy. haha! Hi there :)) Gosh, he recommended Hitchhiker's Guide. Took me AGES to read.

When I read the first sentence of "your story sounds awfully familiar", I almost had a heart attack. Thought somebody else composed the same idea or something. Haha :D

Anyway, HI :DD

Scorch

HSC
1. What's the title of your story? Victoria vel Nex
2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Publius Habitus Lentulus

3.Is/are they guys/girls? Guy

4. What is one setting/location? Ancient Rome, on the Rhine River forming the border of the Roman Empire.

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? Historical Fiction

6. Whats the time period? 100ish AD.

Nope.

NEXT LOT

2) What is the general tone of your story? humourous, serious, sarcastic etc. Serious I guess.

3) Over how many years does your story span? Several days.

4) How many characters die? Many, it's a war =P, if you mean major characters, just two. The barbarian leader dies in a duel with Publius, the Roman commander, who then sacrifices himself to give his men more time to retreat.

5) What was the previous name for your story? I just made mine up today.

7) How many sub characters have you utilised? 2

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? I dunno.

9) Does your story take place in both night and day? Yep

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid. No, No, Yes, No, No.

NEXT LOT

Interest in ancient history, some inspiration from other novels.

Yeah maybe, better have good special effects though. =D.

lady_bug99

HSC
an english lecture at the beginning of year 12. the speaker sed some line about a journey and my story evolved from that.

I actually wrote the story whilst thinking how it would play out as a movie to help with scenes and descriptions. It was really useful actually.

Mantis

HSC
finishing off my reflection statement so this actually helped:

1. What's the title of your story? ubermensch
2. What's the name of one of the main characters? George (original i know)

3.Is/are they guys/girls? Guy

4. What is one setting/location? insde the mind of an ubermensch

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? sci fi (maybe?)

6. Whats the time period? spans from middle ages to future

NEXT LOT

1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? To whoever has used second person, I shall give them my appreciation ($US 10000.00 value). Switched between all three but generally used third person

2) What is the general tone of your story? humourous, serious, sarcastic etc. pretty much serious

3) Over how many years does your story span? not set within a particular timeframe but tries to bring across point that time is cyclic

4) How many characters die? umm all characters form into one at end

5) What was the previous name for your story? overman

6) How many main characters have you utilised? 5-6

7) How many sub characters have you utilised? 0

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? i dont

9) Does your story take place in both night and day? no day or night

NEXT LOT

wanted to show postmodernism declining from 9/11 onwards and 2 Nietzschian theories

sure but i just dont think it could possibly work...

miccie_b

HSC
1. What's the title of your story? The Ambiguity of Joy

2. What's the name of one of the main characters? Joy. She’s old and wrinkly.

3.Is/are they guys/girls? All girls. Except a dead husband and son.

4. What is one setting/location? The nursing home. St Phillip’s Eld-Care

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick? Makes-Mums-Cry

6. Whats the time period? The naughties

7. Did you use any of these five completely random words in your story (random dictionary poke): stoic, vivacious, audacious, brazen, lacklustre. I think I used stoic

NEXT LOT

1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person? To whoever has used second person, I shall give them my appreciation ($US 10000.00 value). First person.

2) What is the general tone of your story? humourous, serious, sarcastic etc. serious. Shes pretty sharp for an old bird tho.

3) Over how many years does your story span? A coupla weeks. But she back tracks to 1950 coz it was a doozy of a year for her.

4) How many characters die? None. .

5) What was the previous name for your story? Chicken = 10/10

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story? Umm shes in the hospital and the nurse comes in to take the flowers away at night coz they suck up all the oxygen in the room and she takes a very dramatic pause and thinks to herself:: suffocation by flowers … I can think of worse ways to die. Very days of our lives.

9) Does your story take place in both night and day? yes

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid. no

NEXT LOT

1) Why does my printer smell like effluent? Because theres a tribe of small humans living in ur study and they have to go somewhere.

2) That cat is pregnant, but why and when and how? In the school carpark, on muckup da, the usual way, to be a rebel. Incredibly ironic results tho.

rack off. Witty… but still. Rack off.

NEXT LOT

my turbulent relationship with my grandmother. Do not understand that woman.

no. its ok for me to screw it up but if anyone touches it ill be forced to throw bricks at them.

if he was around I’d shake his hand and tell him he’s a bit of alright. Then go back to my applejuice.

faceface

HSC
i don't care this is 2006. i am in love with all these questions.
and ideas.

so yes. whatevsssss.

Its saved under ‘frickin write SOMETHING’ or similar.
But yeah, I have no idea.

They don’t seem to be named.

3.Is/are they guys/girls?
womeeeeen. I like women.

um. A house. A place. A war. A BIG house. A nursing home. The edge of the world.

5. If you could pick a genre in which your story would be most suited, which genre would you pick?

I haven’t a clue. Loserish. Its much different short stories.

6. Whats the time period?

Different for each one. Yo. Mainly past / present.

I have no idea.

1) Is your story written in first person, second person, or third person?
Each one. Mainly third. One in second, by accident, frickin hardest thing I’ve ever done. But so much fun at the same time.

2) What is the general tone of your story?

hardcore-emotional. Ha.

3) Over how many years does your story span?

Most of them are within a few days/months. But with flashbacks. One of them is almost entirely flashback.

Uh.
One.two.more.

5) What was the previous name for your story?

Eeeeeenglishhhh.

One for each story. I think they are the same person though. If that makes sense.

7) How many sub characters have you utilised?

Usually about one for each story. Two for one.

8) What is the first plant/animal you mention in the story?
I don’t even know what order its going in yet.

9) Does your story take place in both night and day?
probably.

10) Have you used any of the five following words in your story: subtle, invisible, gigantic, stubble, morbid.

Invisible probably.

1) Why does my printer smell like effluent?
because what you’re writing is CRAP

i'm sorry. that was offensive.
2) That cat is pregnant, but why and when and how?
because we LOVE each other.

COWS WITH GUNSSSSS.
Best.

my sister. Yelling random ideas.

nonononononono. Its all in their heads.

Does anyone like T.S. Elliot? (irrelevent but I can't think of anymore and I like things in threes

Yes.
Me.
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?

* Imagine you are your main character. What flavour of ice cream would you choose and why?
Lemon. Because sometimes she’s a bit like my mum. Choc chip, because sometimes she’s a bit like me. and bubblegum maybe. Because she’s never had icecream. And its such an amazing colour.

* What social group at school would your main chatacer fit into?

The random one. I have no idea how to define groups.

"If your story involves death, does their death involve any of your own experiences with death?"
Hmm.

1) What stage are you at? Writing/Refining
writing.

that’s far too mathsy. And I’ll get sidetracked and start calculating it just to put off writing.

3) What is your in-class assessment mark? xx/50.
full marks so farrrrrrrrr yessssss. But none of that is based on my actual story. Eek.

context affects you. Big time. (TWO SENTENCES!!! KILL ME)

Um. Second person. Flashbacks. Flashbacks aren’t unconventional.

6) Sex.
yes. Unfortunately. I shut my eyes while typing.

Its very very implied only.

men suck and have complete power. Which is funny. Because nonopposite. nonpolarised it is women are ace and don’t have power. Sooooo they mean the same thing. blood. is. good.

8) Setting: Northern hemisphere/Southern hemisphere/Both

I wonder. I don’t think it muchly matters.

Yesssss. Oscar wilde poetry :) love. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead. LOVE TOM STOPPARD. Random quotes all over the place. shakespeare = amazing for blood quotes. (yeah. did i mention.. its about blood. and shiz.)

10) Did you use any of these five words in your story: Transcend, sojourn, melancholy, conjugal, insipid.
I doubt it. possibly transcend.

11) <3 or </3

</3 ha. Best question ever.

that's long. sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)