Randomness (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmostar

hey,
i need some help, my mate does drama and i'm trying to help him out.he needs inspriation and lots of it. so if anyone has some monolouges they wanna throw this way so he can read them that would be great, just pm me. thanx

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
yeh meggz! get maggz on ya bday.... knock a few back for us all legend!!! keep it cool, and enjoy the next year... it'll have lots adversity you'll learn to overcome... peace out!

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
mainly girly stuff... clothes, bags (which i managed to get excess of! i mean 3 bags in one day!), makeup, teddy bears, a dvd of "love actually" and jewellery...but the best thing was an mp3 player....although i didnt know whta it was or how it worked so i got a crash course!
but yeah...birthdays are good!

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
OH MY GOD THANKYOU!!! lol...i hate school...yeah we're starting our group cos most of us are half way through our IP! YAY

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
eh, i'm gonna correct myself. We're doing both this term. IP one week, GP the next, and vice versa. It's a good set out.

HEY! Mr. Carson, or anyone else who did the hsc last yr (though I don't think there's anyone else) can you post up or send me ur rationale so I can see how to write one?

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
no wuckers:

Over the period of time of my Individual Project, my film changed in concept immensely. Originally my idea (and first script) was to explore the issues of drugs in differing societies bucolic and urban. One idea from this script, water, I then morphed into the basis of my film. As water is a natural element and is necessary for most life forms, it engages with audiences on an extremely personal level.

As water was the central theme of my film, I recalled a quote from Douglas Adams Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy: human beings are a device invented by water to transport or to move itself from A to B. We are slaves to water I then realised that my second script explored this theme; my protagonist is recalling his memory through the aesthetics of water. My entire film rests firmly on the soundtrack, as I believe it is the combination of both audio with visuals that creates a unique and individual short film.

To create the distinctive feelings of water, I shot the entire film without any effects, and through using Premiere and After Effects I added effects to suit the scene. By zooming into the old mans eye, I am showing the process of thought that is occurring he is thinking about his son The dissolving between every shot in each sequence makes the audience realise that what is occurring is in memory, and creates the desired interaction between film and the audience. When shooting the family scene, I applied amateur camera techniques (shaking, no framing of shots) and in post, I applied an old film grainy effect to create a sense of history.

By precisely framing every shot to correspond with the rule-of-thirds, the film automatically gains a professional feel. It is also through my casting process that my directorial role allowed my strong vision (especially in my protagonist) to be completed.

I ask the audience to remember Stanley Kubricks words: I would not think of quarrelling with your interpretation nor offering any other, as I have found it always the best policy to allow the film to speak for itself.

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
my tummy hurts. and my back hurts. and yeah it sucks.
my daddy just got home from a business trip! YAY! roast dinner tonight!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I have so much work to do, but I just wanna bludge around!!

Did anyone watched Alias on Thursday night?? I love that show! I really want to kill Lauren (Melissa George). WTF is with her accent? She is trying to sound posh and sophisticated, but instead sounds like a dying cow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)