• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rape Ingrained in Islamic Culture? (1 Viewer)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Do you believe the koran will back up your statement that rape is still rape when it is a husband 'raping' his wife? this is a very new concept.
ive heard somewhere that a woman shouldnt deprive her husband of sex, and it has a few reasons, i cant recall, but they sound reasonable. also it cant be during menstruation.

danieljarvis

HSC
veterandoggy said:
ive heard somewhere that a woman shouldnt deprive her husband of sex, and it has a few reasons, i cant recall, but they sound reasonable. also it cant be during menstruation.
ive read this post and only this post.
but far out i dont give a fuck what culture/religion/country that is believed in... that's just not right.
women should have the right to the same rights as men.

Generator

HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
You win, NTB.

Generator

HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
ill let it be without continuing for your sake, but dont get carried away...
What the hell are you talking about?

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
reaction: gasp

reactive mode: motherfuckers, stupid fuckin religion

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I want it stickied, i finally got a muslim to admit he believes it's ok for a man to rape his wife (as long as she's not on her rags).

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I want it stickied, i finally got a muslim to admit he believe it's ok for a man to rape his wife (as long as she's not on her rags).
That's disgusting....
If he thinks it's okay to do that I doubt it would matter to him whether she had her period at the time or not. They would do it anyway.

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
those sick imbreds khuzin fuckers ... why cant they just rape the lamas or cows or animals. id still feel sorry for the animals to be raped by such dirty creatures

M.I.A-187

HSC
LMAO @ the Leb fool. Like pplz give a shit bout his cultural background cause if the law's there you follow it. Let say if my culture is raise on cutting up old pplz with a chain saw, do i you think pplz get away with that...i highly doubted.

Also asian should stop paying out dark colored pplz...like the singapore pplz who think they are superior to all others. (this is hypocritica bout the dark color bit but who isn't one.)

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
i rather be singaporean than wog, they live by ultra harsh laws- no freedom of speech, but at least no dirty pricks anywhere

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
wot is islamic culture?

withoutaface said:
I said Islamic culture, not Islam. The culture that is created around a religion may or may not be what was originally intended, but for the purposes of this thread it is immaterial. We care about results, not intent.
What is islamic culture???

have you studied it? Practiced it? experienced it ? experienced it in a muslim country?

First of all that rape incident was condemned by the islamic community in NSW and by prominent lawyers of the muslim community who said that that guy shouldnt be able to use islam as a scapegoat to get the defence of provocation

Didnt u read the SMH?? or are u still into the daily telegraph ??

We condemned it- but aparently- some people were sleeping at the time and are going around saying that the muslims need to condemn their evil actions.

This is an evil act and under islam and is to be punished severely so that no one will follow his example

now with islamic culture- this is anything which is good and not bad
in islam we "forbid evil and promote good" But when you examine the word "good" in this sentence (arabic) it is referring to any good culture that is acceptable

so if you invite people over for a sunday barbe- and that is good culture then that is acceptable and therefore islamic! theres nothing wrong with having a BBQ in islam and in fact, you can even be rewarded for it- if your intentions are sincere!
So this is what islam calls for - sincerity

some pakistani and afghan tribes have kept some bad culture that they had before islam reached there. Again we emphasise tribes- not the whole of the nation or people or their religion!

in afghanistan- theres been reports of child abuse in public! i dunno about pakistan but stuff happens there- and it is the responsibility of the muslims to enforce islamic culture (which is good culture acceptable by the majority of islamic scholars)

The first thing that Saddam hussien did in power was kill his opponents and the islamic scholars- his baathist party was formed by micheal aflek (orthodox christian) and athiests- with saddam himself being a soviet agent.

2 generations of islamic scholars were killed in iraq- so how can they stand up for justice when justice is being demolished there?

Remember that at the beginning of saddam's era - he was being praised by the west and by the pope so apart from killing muslim scholars and his family and friends he was an okay bloke (?) - so the question then is: where were the muslims to condemn all this? The answer is that they did condemn; but outside of iraq there was this thing called nationalism

at that time that christian guy Aflek wanted to create a pan arabian state where various arab states, egypt and libya would be joined as one. and saddam was at the forefront of all this - so i dont think that they wanted to piss him off (?) coz this process was in real danger of collapse

i wasnt there at the time
and i am not a scholar of islam '
So you'll have to take that at face value -

a lot of things that happen in the middle east- we will never hear about so dont get carried away with it

the terrorist ideologies u hear all over the place all started in the 1900s - but these ideologies were corrupted with marxism and other weird philosophies

a recent HUGE gathering of islamic scholars in the middle east condemned terrorism- and these people are well known- so we'll have to see the impact of all that- i dont care about those guys in caves 1 km underground in their secret bases "or so rumsfeld says!" but what i care about is that these ideologies should be wiped out completely because they have no basis in islam and are not supported by the majority of the scholars and they have caused the muslims suffering whether it be with military or otherwise!

this is a good site to read more about this but it doesnt talk about the ideologies of these people - although it does talk about the people who started these ideologies like sayyed Qutb and others...

http://www.shaykhabdalqadir.com/content/articles/Art051_15122005.html

cheers

somechick

HSC
N/A
VanCarBus said:
those sick imbreds khuzin fuckers ... why cant they just rape the lamas or cows or animals. id still feel sorry for the animals to be raped by such dirty creatures

It's strange that you fail to recognise the ETHNICITY of the MAJORITY of sexual assaulters in Australian gaols.
Truth be told, there are few physcotic ethnic middle easterns in those goals, and there mentally unstable rapists (etc, of various ethinicities) in every nation. What im trying to say is that, STOP using ethnicity as a scapegoat for (in your words) the actions of "sick fuckers" everywhere. The problem is not 'race' but the horrendous actions of such people.

somechick

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I want it stickied, i finally got a muslim to admit he believes it's ok for a man to rape his wife (as long as she's not on her rags).

That's disgusting. You speak for the rights of women and yet you clearly show how vulgar you are with your words as regards to the menstrual cycle (rags? ).

Just because you spoke to one muslim in this forum who was too tired of your bickering to continue, doesnt mean you're king eithier. That is what you do. Again and again you bring out your ignorance and resentment of Islam in your posts.
Why dont you, instead of this bickerring for the truth and answers to Islam, GO AND READ THE QURAN FOR YOURSELF and find the answers to your questions? That is what a honestly curious person would do

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
you see what happens when i listen to you generator? the fool wanks himself out of happiness...

we shouldnt ask for sex when she is menstruating, and i dont know where you pulled that from, because it looks like you have tried to change my words so that they suit your cause, as does many websites when they talk against islam.

Generator

HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
you see what happens when i listen to you generator? the fool wanks himself out of happiness...
Haha. NTB isn't the problem, it's you. If you had truly listened to what I had to say, you wouldn't have posted that in the first place. Remember, in addition to suggesting that you turn a blind eye after a time, I suggested that you think before you post, because more often than not you fail to adequately address the issue at hand and this tends to lead to a continuation of an argument that shouldn't have developed in the first place. Now, you are only taking the bait that others have thrown into the water, but there's nothing to be gained by stripping your own hide and helping those who are just out fishing for a fool.

If you are open to another piece of advice, I would suggest that you leave the defence of Islam to those who are able to, by and large, articulate their position (eg, mr eazy). I may not agree with their take on life, but at least they are far more successful than you at actually addressing the issues at hand.

Edit:
veterandoggy said:
we shouldnt ask for sex when she is menstruating, and i dont know where you pulled that from, because it looks like you have tried to change my words so that they suit your cause, as does many websites when they talk against islam.
I suggest that you read through the post in question -

veterandoggy said:
Now, think. What does the above suggest?

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That's disgusting. You speak for the rights of women and yet you clearly show how vulgar you are with your words as regards to the menstrual cycle (rags? ).
What the hell? How is it disrespectful to say 'on her rags' ? I know many girls who talk in such way and I understood it to just be another euphemism, would I have been more in place in saying 'visited by lady flow' ? It seems to me you just want to label me a misogynist to further your own agenda. I am standing up for the rights of women you dolt, and whether i've used incorrect terms according to your definition of what is politically correct or not, the point of my post was to address an age-old belief (both in western culture and in the scripture of islam) that it is ok for a man to rape his wife. This is at the forefront of modern feminism, and to attack me for having such beliefs is (in my mind) absolutely ludacris.

It is obvious throughout your post that you're just another religious zealot that is willing to throw away all reason, all logic, all their ideals about the rights of women, mearly to defend your religion.

Just because you spoke to one muslim in this forum who was too tired of your bickering to continue, doesnt mean you're king eithier. That is what you do. Again and again you bring out your ignorance and resentment of Islam in your posts.
I don't believe I'm ignorant at all, egotistical perhaps, but ignorant I am not. Unless you're willing to actually show me how I've been ignorant instead of just name calling?

Why dont you, instead of this bickerring for the truth and answers to Islam, GO AND READ THE QURAN FOR YOURSELF and find the answers to your questions? That is what a honestly curious person would do
I believe there is much more to a religion than its religious text, and I think the very last thing you would want me to do is read the entire koran and produce my anti-thesis diatribe to your entire religious text.

Well then, perhaps you should talk me through exactly what your words meant...?

I SAID:
Do you believe the koran will back up your statement that rape is still rape when it is a husband 'raping' his wife? this is a very new concept.
YOU SAID:
You were saying that a woman should not deprive her husband of sex. So in other words, whenever a husband wants sex, he gets it, even if the woman doesn't want to give it.

How exactly are you going to construe this differently, and if you just wrote it wrong, can you then go back and answer my original question again?

Conclusion

I want people to understand, that I do not believe that all muslims are rapists... or anything like that. My issue with Islam is that it is an old religion, that teaches the practice of old customs, in particular my issue with Islam is that it appears to not wish to be in any way progressive, it seems from what muslims on these forums have said, that a part of the religion is the acknowledgement that it is the true word of god, and every verse has to be taken literally, and there can be no compromises.

While there are issues with these things in the catholic church, they have over time become more progressive and accepting of a changing world. Of course, it could be argued that is only due to their diminished power, but either way the end result is a more progressive, accepting religion. I do not see this in Islam, I see a far more conservative religion that preaches dangerous social practices that the people of the modern world have fought for years to remove.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)