Raped by her uncle, but can she have an abortion? (1 Viewer)

HSC
squeenie said:
Well the reason that everyone is 'against you' as you put it is because it seems like you haven't taken the time to carefully think about what you're going to say, and so now you'll just have to deal with the consequences.

If you weren't implying that it would be better if it wasn't her biological uncle then you should have said it to start off with!

THINK. BEFORE. YOU. POST. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR MIND.
well this entire thread it has been me vs all the pro-abortionsists (if that is a way to put it)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Schroedinger said:
The actual thing is that incestuous couplings don't lead to that many more statistical anomalies than normal pregnancies.
could you please provide some sources for those claims

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
you don't have faith cos christians believe that if you don't believe in jesus you go to hell?
I have no problem with most Christian values, etc. It's just when people make absurd statments like this, I start to get put off.

By the way, I don't believe in hell.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
well this entire thread it has been me vs all the pro-abortionsists (if that is a way to put it)
Have you even read any of my posts?! We're not pro-abortion. We're pro-choice. There is a difference, believe it or not.

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
If you want to put it that way it's been the pro-abortionists vs the pro-rape babyist.

HSC
squeenie said:
I have no problem with most Christian values, etc. It's just when people make absurd statments like this, I start to get put off.

By the way, I don't believe in hell.
well what other christian values do you have a problem with?

HSC
Enteebee said:
If you want to put it that way it's been the pro-abortionists vs the pro-rape babyist.
Do you think that a rape baby is any less valuable then any other child?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
c'mon guys lets not all get personal :(
why don't we all just accept that people's views aren't always necessarily going to match up with our own, and learn to get along.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
well what other christian values do you have a problem with?
Their attitudes towards homosexuals, for one thing. And their 'be all and end all' statements on moral issues. The world isn't black and white. There is no straight line between good and evil.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I cringe at the word pro-abortion

It is pro-choice and pro-life. No other fucking thing. They're termed on the basis of their arguments. Christ. I'm sick of all the alternatives people come up with. Oh, pro-death, pro-abortion, pro-murder.

HSC
squeenie said:
Their attitudes towards homosexuals, for one thing. And their 'be all and end all' statements on moral issues. The world isn't black and white. There is no straight line between good and evil.
I think if you look in to why we believe certain things it will make more sense and make things more black and white, not in all situations but in like 99% of them.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
word! you know too often both sides have used loaded phrases like "pro-abortion" or "pro-rape"...that kind of labelling doesn't help anybody, lets keep it mild

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
Do you think that a rape baby is any less valuable then any other child?
They have equal gross value, but when you add in the value cost of the mother's pain of having to give birth and raise a child she doesn't want which is the result of an extremely traumatic event etc etc then I would say they have a lower net value, in that the value of not aborting a rape baby is to me less than the value of not aborting a non-rape baby (less pain on the mother's side of the equation).

HSC
Enteebee said:
They have equal gross value, but when you add in the value cost of the mother's pain of having to give birth and raise a child she doesn't want which is the result of an extremely traumatic event etc etc then I would say they have a lower net value, in that the value of not aborting a rape baby is to me less than the value of not aborting a non-rape baby (less pain on the mother's side of the equation).
i disagree I think all children are of equal value as we are all made in God's image, but i will not go into it.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
They are of equal value, as all people are of equal value... however when it comes to a decision about abortion I feel you have to take into account the value of the pain of the mother and that's going to lessen the value of keeping their life.

Your choice is either:

a) Don't accept the value of the mother's pain.
b) Accept the value of the mother's pain thereby lowering the value of the baby's 'life'.

There are some others but we don't need to get into them...

HSC
Enteebee said:
They are of equal value, as all people are of equal value... however when it comes to a decision about abortion I feel you have to take into account the value of the pain of the mother and that's going to lessen the value of keeping their life.

Your choice is either:

a) Don't accept the value of the mother's pain.
b) Accept the value of the mother's pain thereby lowering the value of the baby's 'life'.

There are some others but we don't need to get into them...
see the thing is i think that even if the mother has to go through pain the child still should have a right to live.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
see the thing is i think that even if the mother has to go through pain the child still should have a right to live.
Ok you don't think the value of the mother's pain lowers the babys value enough to make abortion ok, but this doesn't mean you haven't lowered the net 'value' of the baby unless you've decided not to include the mother in the calculation at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)