Raped by her uncle, but can she have an abortion? (1 Viewer)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
do you really think her having an abortion is going to make it all go away though? I dont.
I don't either, but she would be a lot better off if she did have the abortion.

Look, no-one here is saying that abortion is a good thing, but like I said before, it sometimes becomes a necessary evil that is needed to save someone's life and sanity.

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
No, it was your next post about deformities that implied that.
well like i said, i am sorry if that is what you interpreted it as, and that was not my intention at all.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Dan, stop being so horrible. She's not going to listen to you if you keep calling her names...

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Dan, stop being so horrible. She's not going to listen to you if you keep calling her names...
are you talking about me and shroe?
I dont listen to him anyway

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Thinking about this merely in terms of whether or not the baby will be deformed is simplifying the issue to a retarded level imo. It doesn't really matter who raped her, it could have been a friend or neighbour or some random on the street. She's been traumatised beyond belief regardless, and weighing up the level of distress likely to be caused to her by carrying and having the baby as opposed to aborting it and trying to get on with the rest of her life, I'd say aborting it is the way to go. Like others have said, it's not a pretty thing and it's not a nice thing, but sometimes you have to make decisions that are neither pretty nor nice nor completely morally "clean".

If she had the baby, whether she adopted it out or pretended to be its sister or not, she'd have to live with the memories of that pregnancy and birth for the rest of her life as well as the knowledge that somewhere out there is a child that was concieved from a terrible crime that she also has to remember for the rest of her life no matter what she does. That's too much to ask of a child. At least aborting the baby will allow her the possibility of, if not forgetting she was pregnant, then moving on from it more easily. There's no way you could move on from something like that if you actually had to have the baby. I'd probably consider suicide and I'm nearly twice her age. Can you imagine what she felt?

HSC
Schroedinger said:
:( I'm just sick of these fucking moralistic scumbags who will wantonly sacrifice the health and safety of others for their own moralistic ABSOLUTIST AGENDA!
scumbags? who else other then me do you think is a scumbag?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
People have repeatedly denied their flaws in an argument, while secretly going away with something after it all. How many people have changed through patient discussion in NCAP?

We can name a few. I for one, and my long gone Christianity.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
want2bdifferent: Do you believe that it's any worse for this woman to have an abortion than for people to have sex out of marriage, or not believe in jesus?

HSC
Schroedinger said:
I wax and wane between quiet discussion and outright attacks. I don't have the time or patience for someone who has gained nothing from long discussions in DGE and other threads, basically.

She's proven she's closeminded, so that's as far as my tolerance goes. If someone says something as abhorrent as "O ITS OK BEKUZ DA UNKLE WUZNT GENETICALLY REL8D" then they deserve to be called on it, regardless of their 'intentions'.
that is not what I said, Like i said i was just wondering, i was not suggesting at all that it is ok cos it is not her biological uncle?

I find it intresting in this thread it seems to be every one against me

HSC
Enteebee said:
want2bdifferent: Do you believe that it's any worse for this woman to have an abortion than for people to have sex out of marriage, or not believe in jesus?
I do not know if one sin is worse then another i have wondered that myself.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
that is not what I said, Like i said i was just wondering, i was not suggesting at all that it is ok cos it is not her biological uncle?

Ok, fine, yes it does eliminate the problem of deformities.

It doesn't eliminate any of the other problems though, nor does it in any way AT ALL make the crime less abhorrent. Biological uncle, completely unrelated random man, doesn't matter. Rape is rape.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Ok, fine, yes it does eliminate the problem of deformities.

It doesn't eliminate any of the other problems though, nor does it in any way AT ALL make the crime less abhorrent. Biological uncle, completely unrelated random man, doesn't matter. Rape is rape.
Oh it was random, i was just curious though that was all.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
I do not know if one sin is worse then another i have wondered that myself.
The thing is... if abortions are no worse than me saying "fuck jesus" then why don't you crusade to stop me saying "fuck jesus" just as much as you crusade against this? If you 'don't know' which sin is worse than the other than who are you to go ahead and just decide one is more important than the other anyway?

Furthermore if we all base our morals on what our 'god' tells us, where does this lead us? What if my 'god' which I sincerely believe in is telling me to abort babies, what do we do then? Go to war? I mean, how would you feel if this was a discussion about actually raping your niece and you were saying it's wrong but I just said 'but I believe god thinks it's good', where do we go from there?

Last edited:
HSC
Enteebee said:
The thing is... if abortions are no worse than me saying "fuck jesus" then why don't you crusade to stop me saying "fuck jesus" just as much as you crusade against this? If you 'don't know' which sin is worse than the other than who are you to go ahead and just decide one is more important than the other anyway?
I think knowing jesus is the most important thing in the world. without it you go to hell,

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
want2bdifferent said:

Well the reason that everyone is 'against you' as you put it is because it seems like you haven't taken the time to carefully think about what you're going to say, and so now you'll just have to deal with the consequences.

If you weren't implying that it would be better if it wasn't her biological uncle then you should have said it to start off with!

THINK. BEFORE. YOU. POST. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR MIND.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
I think knowing jesus is the most important thing in the world. without it you go to hell,
this will not end well....

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
CharlieB said:
this will not end well....
No, it won't. It won't at all. This is why I don't have 'faith'.

The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn.

HSC
squeenie said:
No, it won't. It won't at all. This is why I don't have 'faith'.

The ability to think differently today from yesterday distinguishes the wise man from the stubborn.
you don't have faith cos christians believe that if you don't believe in jesus you go to hell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)