raw marks? (1 Viewer)

shakky15

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
thank you for ur description, but i was not the one who mixed up the uac and bos concept. the basis of my quuestion was raw makrs to what allign mark...nd no matter how much we all try to estimate or speculate it wil always b an unkown number, although an educated guess can land u close to it. therefore anythin above 85 may get a 90 in eco....but hey to b on the safe side u mite aswell aim for a 90
lol... i didnt so much explain for your sake, (you were the OP - you knew what you were asking lol).. more for the other people in this thread, some of which posted comments that were either wrong or didnt make sense...

it was also a nice way to procrastinate :D

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
for gods sake...everything scales.....either up or down

its to make it an EQUAL PLAING FIELD!!!!!!!!

shakky15

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
for gods sake...everything scales.....either up or down

its to make it an EQUAL PLAING FIELD!!!!!!!!
rofl at the OP... well my eco teacher said something like 84 last year got you an aligned 90...

i think thats all you were asking for wasnt it lol

funny all these people who dont know very much and attempt to sound like they know it all...

magik22

HSC
runnable said:
That is not true.. For normal subjects, raw marks almost 100% go UP.

eg 77 raw mark in English (worse scaling than Econ) became 87 aligned.
Okay that maybe true that raw scaling goes up but definately not by 10 marks. However, raw mark or not in the end after it is scaled a 77 will drop down to low 70's and probably high 60's. This is for English. That's evident in the UAI calculator.

Yes, economics is better and in terms of scaling its okay. Its not excellent though, well not in the top 5.

Last edited:

lionking1191

HSC
magik22 said:
Okay that maybe true that raw scaling goes up but definately not by 10 marks. However, raw mark or not in the end after it is scaled a 77 will drop down to low 70's and probably high 60's. This is for English. That's evident in the UAI calculator.

Yes, economics is better and in terms of scaling its okay. Its not excellent though, well not in the top 5.
it did in 2001...

runnable

HSC
magik22 said:

Top 5 wow thats high standard. Considering Maths 3/4U, elite languages etc.

A 77 raw mark became 87. 87 will not fall to low 70s or high 60s.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
shakky15 said:
rofl at the OP... well my eco teacher said something like 84 last year got you an aligned 90...

i think thats all you were asking for wasnt it lol

funny all these people who dont know very much and attempt to sound like they know it all...
yer hard

thankzz

sportylake

HSC
Does anybody know what advanced maths scales like?
what would a raw mark of 65, 75, and 85 be scaled to?

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
sportylake said:
Does anybody know what advanced maths scales like?
what would a raw mark of 65, 75, and 85 be scaled to?
first things first...

a raw external mark gets ALLIGNED!!!! (bos process)
then ur internal mark gets moderated!!!! (bos process)

and then and only then once a hsc mark has been created do subjects get scaled

so basicalli uve missed the middle bit( bos bit), and hardli any1 knows the middle bit...so no1 will b able to take u from point A to point Z, missing all the bits in the middle

shakky15

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
first things first...

a raw external mark gets ALLIGNED!!!! (bos process)
then ur internal mark gets moderated!!!! (bos process)

and then and only then once a hsc mark has been created do subjects get scaled

so basicalli uve missed the middle bit( bos bit), and hardli any1 knows the middle bit...so no1 will b able to take u from point A to point Z, missing all the bits in the middle
rofl this thread is starting to make me laugh.. :rofl:

but seriously please dont be lazy there are so many threads on these topics and im sure the question about maths marks was answered in this very thread...

shakky15

HSC
lyounamu said:
Mathematics has got a such a good moderation (because people don't do very well in the HSC exam). If you think about it, you need about 85% to get it moderated to 93.
theres the answer to the question asked above...

no-one has any concrete knowledge about the aligning process/marks because the BOS keeps it pretty secure - there was an old thread about some ppl submitting applications to get their raw marks, and they were refused... theres plenty of threads on topics like this ..

just to further confuse, ive read that when UAC scales subjects to find the UAI, they actually use the raw marks - maybe thats why they all go down..

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
shakky15 said:
theres the answer to the question asked above...

no-one has any concrete knowledge about the aligning process/marks because the BOS keeps it pretty secure - there was an old thread about some ppl submitting applications to get their raw marks, and they were refused... theres plenty of threads on topics like this ..

just to further confuse, ive read that when UAC scales subjects to find the UAI, they actually use the raw marks - maybe thats why they all go down..
yes, ur correct they use the raw marks....BUT...they use it to compare subjects e.t.c...it has a role...but very insignificant one

i think i shuld write a book post hsc...titled:

" The Hsc And UAI process for dumbies"

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
michael1990 said:
Eco has always scaled well.

Its an 'Elite' subject.
YEAH BOI!!

I hope raw marks in the 70s scales well:D... heh... heh..heh..ohmygodi'mscrewed.

lionking1191

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
yes, ur correct they use the raw marks....BUT...they use it to compare subjects e.t.c...it has a role...but very insignificant one

i think i shuld write a book post hsc...titled:

" The Hsc And UAI process for dumbies"
of course it's significant.

shakky15

HSC
lionking1191 said:
of course it's significant.
yeh i agree - if they use the raw marks to compare subjects then i guess they are pretty important lol...

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
yea i didnt word it properly.....its not on a single basis the most important thing....its ur raw mark relative to others that is important

and whats the utmost importance that the UAC takes into consideration is ur subject relative to others...(scaling)

lionking1191

HSC
Q2C-ME said:
yea i didnt word it properly.....its not on a single basis the most important thing....its ur raw mark relative to others that is important

and whats the utmost importance that the UAC takes into consideration is ur subject relative to others...(scaling)
yep, fixed. :D

williamc

HSC
No-one here can determine what raw marks you guys are going to need to get a band 6 in economics. Even the panel of HSC judges that will decide the raw marks required for various performance bands could not do so at this point. So stop warying about this useless shit and just go revise the content.

Generally, to get a band 6 in economics and any other HSC subject you basically have to walk out of the exam room very confident.

lionking1191

HSC
williamc said:
No-one here can determine what raw marks you guys are going to need to get a band 6 in economics. Even the panel of HSC judges that will decide the raw marks required for various performance bands could not do so at this point. So stop warying about this useless shit and just go revise the content.
performance generally vary very little from year to year. of course you don't know what mark will get you band 6, thats why you have predictions.

williamc said:
Generally, to get a band 6 in economics and any other HSC subject you basically have to walk out of the exam room very confident.
yeah and that, contrary to data from past hscs, is actually useful...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)