Recycled Water: Your Opinion (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
el gwapo said:
Quite a lot of rain today... wouldn't most of that isn't in catchment go back to the sea anyway?

Recycled water comes from water used?... and Sydney uses a lot of water daily.
Yes. That is going to fill up our dams from 30% to a 100%

Basically they should've been looking at solutions a looooong time ago.

I'm fine with drinking recycled water, I'm fine with desalination, I'm fine with importing water from Antartica if that's what it takes. I just wish they'd fucking do something!

HSC
Tulipa said:
Yes. That is going to fill up our dams from 30% to a 100%

Basically they should've been looking at solutions a looooong time ago.

I'm fine with drinking recycled water, I'm fine with desalination, I'm fine with importing water from Antartica if that's what it takes. I just wish they'd fucking do something!
Touche Tulipa.

HSC
Re: Recycled Water: Where the hell is it?

Optophobia said:
Exactly. If we have x amount of water in our dam today, only a small portion of that water is consumed by humans and flushed down the toilet. A lot goes into industry, watering the garden, filling up water balloons to chuck at old women, etc.

They need to balance between desalination, recycling sewage and capturing drain water.
good point. recycled water can be used for industry, swimming pools, hoses etc- keeping 'natural' water for drinking. This can then lead to a gradual dilution of tap water with recycled water in order to prove to the squeamish that there is nothing wrong with recycled water.

Desalination sounds like a good idea but its possible enviromental effects make it an unwise choice long term, and we really have to think long term. Not long term as in 'until the next election' but long term as in a hundred years from now.

supahnam

HSC
Trick everyone into thinking it's not *recycled water*, but rather SUPER-ENHANCED MAGIC WATER.

Yummy.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Desal water has to be the most disgusting tasting thing ever. My vote's with recycled.

Last edited:

FeelBare

HSC
What was with the bit about human error in recycling water (one of the earlier posts)?

HSC
I've had a brilliant idea! Offer people two options:

1. Use recycled water and pay a lower price.
2. Opt for no recycled water, but pay a higher rate as a result.

Explain that this has been made possible by a revolutionary new technology which allows multiple water sources to be selectively provided across the country.

Then, give everyone recycled water, and refer to the higher rate for non-recycled water homes as a stupidity tax, warranted by their refusal to see the sense in recycling.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Desalination plant would mean..
-high costs of building to govt as well as high electricity costs to maintain it.
-higher prices for households
-environmental damage
-damage to houses in the area during construction

wagga

HSC
FeelBare said:
What was with the bit about human error in recycling water (one of the earlier posts)?
Once it is recycled it will be pumped back into the dams, as is my understanding. As this water is chlorinated again, there should be little risk of any contamination. It is tested thoroughly, just in case the worst was to happen.

Besides, there is really little human interaction in the process; after being treated at a normal sewage plant, it is pumped through a fine micropore filter. That is about it.

twinkles.

endomorph.
HSC
at first i was like "ewww.. RECYCLED WATER?!"
but the thing is, if its been tested and its safe to drink... then wat the hell, just drink it.
or we'll have to deal with it by running outta water then having an even biger crisis, or BUYING bottled water from overseas which quite frankly is crap.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Mind you, Australia's water quality is a lot better than that of most of the world's.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
The whole situation is a case of mind over matter. The government is not going to put at risk the health of it's people, and recycled water is already in operation and has been for some time ine Europe and the US. I believe I'd have a little difficulty drinking it though even though I know it is perfectly safe.

HSC
JaredR said:
The whole situation is a case of mind over matter. The government is not going to put at risk the health of it's people, and recycled water is already in operation and has been for some time ine Europe and the US. I believe I'd have a little difficulty drinking it though even though I know it is perfectly safe.
I see where you're coming from but I think you'd come around once you got thirsty.

HSC
HotShot said:
lol

We should start by recycling our piss.
Thanks for that mature contribution.

The water you are drinking has likely already gone through someone else's kidneys, cleaned by natural procecesses.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Thanks for that mature contribution.

The water you are drinking has likely already gone through someone else's kidneys, cleaned by natural procecesses.
No I dont drink Piss, I mean we should recycle our piss through lets say unnatural methods.

Like toilet - that does the recycling built in. My idea though.

HSC
HotShot said:
No I dont drink Piss,

Don't be stupid. I'm not implying you do. I'm saying that most of the fresh water on earth has already been drunk and pissed out again, sweated out, or used in industry somehow anyway, by animals or by people. It's been in rivers choked with algae and littered with chip packets and plastic bottles, so its not like what you are drinking is mana from a mountain spring untouched since the beginning of the world.

I'm just implying that being squeamish about recycled water is a bit silly as it is highly unlikely that you are not already drinking recycled water, water that's been cleaned and purified and had chemicals added and taken out anyway.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Don't be stupid. I'm not implying you do. I'm saying that most of the fresh water on earth has already been drunk and pissed out again, sweated out, or used in industry somehow anyway, by animals or by people. It's been in rivers choked with algae and littered with chip packets and plastic bottles, so its not like what you are drinking is mana from a mountain spring untouched since the beginning of the world.

I'm just implying that being squeamish about recycled water is a bit silly as it is highly unlikely that you are not already drinking recycled water, water that's been cleaned and purified and had chemicals added and taken out anyway.
I dont, but people do drink Piss.

Anyway, I think they should making recycling toilets. That recycle all the shit and crap and then it goes into the pipes immediately (after recycling). That would be sick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)