• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Recycled Water: Your Opinion (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
I don't really know what your point is.
My point is we need to spend $1 Billion to replace all toilets so that they recycle our piss and shit.

HSC
HotShot said:
My point is we need to spend $1 Billion to replace all toilets so that they recycle our piss and shit.

That's ridiculously expensive and impractical.

Not to mention that you wouldn't find many people willing to drink that water.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
That's ridiculously expensive and impractical.

Not to mention that you wouldn't find many people willing to drink that water.
for all the toilets in Australia? $1billion it not that expensive...

Oh people will drink it with a bit of advertising.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
UWS-Uni-Student said:
Its good for external use
Anything is good for external use. Might as well take piss in the backyard. But having built in recycling tanks in toilets is very convienient/

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
I'd personally prefer recycled over desalinated water mainly due to the differences in environmental damage each would in turn cause.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
I'd be fine with recycled water if it's safe, however i remember someone saying London uses recycled water ( or treated river water?). This made me wonder, cause when i was there it looked as if it had a weird oil-like coating, you could'nt taste and i had no health issues but it still seemed a bit weird.

HSC
Phyuk_Yiu said:
I'd be fine with recycled water if it's safe, however i remember someone saying London uses recycled water ( or treated river water?). This made me wonder, cause when i was there it looked as if it had a weird oil-like coating, you could'nt taste and i had no health issues but it still seemed a bit weird.
Yep it's true. Don't think I noticed the coating when I was there though.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Yep it's true. Don't think I noticed the coating when I was there though.
I think i only saw it when we boiled the water, wikipedia says something about inorganic ions so that might be it.

HSC
Phyuk_Yiu said:
I think i only saw it when we boiled the water, wikipedia says something about inorganic ions so that might be it.
Could be right, I have no idea really. Drank a lot of it and all that kind of thing, and didn't die in the process, but really wasn't paying any attention to it at all :)

Pace_T

HSC
recycling water is wrong. i dont even let my dog drink toilet water. disgusting!!!!!!

HSC
Pace_T said:
recycling water is wrong. i dont even let my dog drink toilet water. disgusting!!!!!!
We've been drinking recycled water in the Hawkesbury since I can remember, and we're still all alive. And no cracks about being Hawkesbury Hicks ok?

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
Pace_T said:
How noble.

Pfft, narrow-mindedness these days.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i dont mind drinking recycled water if we have to, and from what i heard, theyre relatively safe to drink and even more cleaner than our current water that we get from the dam, so im not worried about that
i think when dam levels keep falling, then youll probably change your mind about drinking recycled water...unless you have $$$ to spend on bottled water at woolies

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Pace_T said:
Dogs are not supposed to drink toilet water - nor are you. This is why we should recycling toilets - that way You and your Shitty DOG can drink toilet water in peace.

HSC
Technically we are drinking recycled water every day...Anyway back to the point we are going to be drinking recycled water eventually so we might as well have it now or be prepared to...or at least say have recycled water for commercial use or something. As long as its safe I have no real issue with it.

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
Besides, most people (I'm assuming) these days don't drink straight from the tap but rather, put it through another filtration system again before drinking, whether it be boiling with the kettle and then cooling it or pouring by it in a Brita filter.

So technically, any nasties that might be in the recycled water will be out by the time it gets to you, depending on how good your filtration system is.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
pinkly said:
Besides, most people (I'm assuming) these days don't drink straight from the tap but rather, put it through another filtration system again before drinking, whether it be boiling with the kettle and then cooling it or pouring by it in a Brita filter.

So technically, any nasties that might be in the recycled water will be out by the time it gets to you, depending on how good your filtration system is.
um no = post people drink straight from the taps. Tap water is much much better for you than filtered water - helps build ur immune system and has fluoride good for ur teeth.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I don't think drinking tap water helps your immune system. Actually one of the reasons why many countries in East Asia have high life expectancies despite being relatively poor is because they have a of habit boiling their drinking water.

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
pinkly said:

I disagree, many many many people drink it straight from the tap. I know I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)