red P off during parking? (1 Viewer)

astroe

HSC
Did not know this. Source?
Couldn't find jack on the RTA website.
It was more anecdotal, but it sounds logical.
One of those laws that no-one really enforces until a money-grabbing spree ensues.

It's logical in the sense that if someone on their P's didn't have them displayed, that would incur a penalty, and inversely, if someone who wasn't on their P's, had they displayed, then well, a penalty would arise from that I'd imagine.

toadcat

HSC
I try to park near expensive or enthusiast cars because I can be sure they will take care opening their doors as they sure as hell want dents as much as I do.
Never park near SUV's (soccer mum cars like the Lexus boatbarge, X3/5's, Merc M's etc) or Vans as kids are fucking retarded and will open their doors into your car and won't tell mummy, leaving you with a nice ding or a scratch.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
You wouldn't really notice any difference if my car was keyed.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
I try to park near expensive or enthusiast cars because I can be sure they will take care opening their doors as they sure as hell want dents as much as I do.
Never park near SUV's (soccer mum cars like the Lexus boatbarge, X3/5's, Merc M's etc) or Vans as kids are fucking retarded and will open their doors into your car and won't tell mummy, leaving you with a nice ding or a scratch.

i try to park wherever is most convenient.

¬_¬

HSC
i always take mine off. people usually look for magnetic ones to steal!
Ditto. Such a pain esp since you need to go find another one to replace the one which was nicked and they only come in packs of two.

astroe

HSC
Ditto. Such a pain esp since you need to go find another one to replace the one which was nicked and they only come in packs of two.
Out of curiosity, where on the front could you put your magnetic P plates on?
I mean, like, last time I had a magnetic L plate, it flew off at around 50km/h and I cbf to get it so I stopped using them.

For the front, it seems like the plastic ones are better, just shove them inbetween the licence plate and the bumper recess.

sparkerasp

HSC
I mean, like, last time I had a magnetic L plate, it flew off at around 50km/h and I cbf to get it so I stopped using them.
Don't you put it on the bonnet? I've found that if the magnetic plates are warm/hot (like in summer) they're less likely to "blow off". If it's cold, it's much easier to fall off. I've heard some moisture also helps :spin:

Shoving it inbetween licence plate and bumper is probably most convenient and effective, just be careful that it doesn't fall off over a hump or something :rolleyes:

When I got my Ls, I got these crappy cardboard ones :mad1:. Yeah, like they're so useful in the rain :uhoh:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

For the front, it seems like the plastic ones are better, just shove them inbetween the licence plate and the bumper recess.
Depends on the car I suppose. For me, that's how I lost my front magnetic P plate, and hence only have one left on my bootlid. I ended up installing the P plate holder when those rules came in regarding having P plates outside the vehicle opposed to the stick-on-the-windscreen type.

Jake22

HSC
I cable tie my p plates to my number plates. You never have to worry about putting them on, taking them off, getting them stolen, having them fall off...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

I stick them on the lower bonet, pretty much near where you would lift it put and the back is a hatch so again near where you would lift it up.

Yep plastic and holders are way better as magnetic you really have to take them off when parking if you don't want them stolen (depending where you are and how long you will be) otherwise it's really luck if they are not pinched. Though I do see heaps left on.

Only reason I use magnetic is because it's not my car and share it with other drivers. That being said I just need to take the test and I'll be off P's so won't be a problem soon. :D

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i dont even think about where i place my magnetic p-plates, i just frisbee them on. half the time the p is upside down and shit.

that being said, i've never had my p's stolen, magnetic or otherwise.

astroe

HSC
DWhen I got my Ls, I got these crappy cardboard ones :mad1:. Yeah, like they're so useful in the rain :uhoh:
LOLOL!
I had those too!

Until they were like falling apart and peeling and I went back to the RTA asking for moar and they gave me plastic ones LOL. :)

I'm considering making it a little design thing for the car, like you know, turn it clockwise 90 degrees, and add a verticle equals sign above it, therefore:

=P
(but turn it 90 degrees LOL)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)