Red P test question (1 Viewer)

heybashme

HSC
hey im going for my p's test 2morrow and im jus askin what do u do when they ask u to do a hill start on an auto nd a flat road....
lol do u do like a kerb side stop nd then put ur handbrake on?????

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
heybashme said:
hey im going for my p's test 2morrow and im jus askin what do u do when they ask u to do a hill start on an auto nd a flat road....
lol do u do like a kerb side stop nd then put ur handbrake on?????
i went for my licence in a manual.. but you just do a normal curbside stop and pull your handbrake on. this is what i was taught to do for a manual, but make sure you keep your foot on the brake. dunno if it applies to auto's too, since i've never driven one before lol. good luck :)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i don't think hill side stop applies for an auto. you keep your foot on the brakes and hope to god your car doesn't roll backward.

just stay calm and check your speedo regularly.

oh, if your car doesn't have a break-assist, start slowing down a long way ahead. the examiner will probably soil himself if you get a bit too closer and tell you to slow down - and that's how you fail.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You're supposed to use your handbrake even in auto AFAIK. Just don't roll back.

Pace_T

HSC
Azamakumar said:
You have a fucking metre to play around with.
yeah but when you start driving with ur p's u get fuckwits who roll right up ur ass on the most steepest roads ever..... i got a few really steep intersections on the way to uni. sometimes i roll up to stop but keep it in first and hover (no brake) and wait for the fucker behind me to stop completely, then i roll a bit more forward before i hold the brake. and what do they do? GO FURTHER UP MY ASS
fuck everybody. one day i swear im going to get out and hit some cunt coz of this. not that i roll back, im good at it but it puts pressure on me when i got like 5cm to work with..

on a side note, dont you guys love it when girls make mistakes on the road. i absolutely love having them cop my opinion about their shit driving. it makes me feel so much better about myself lol. im constantly looking out for their wrongdoings :D

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah I think I need a sign that says "IM GONNA ROLL BACKWARDS SO FUCKOFF". People are so fucking stupid.

iEdd

HSC
+1.

Has anyone done the new test that was meant to come in by July 1st that is like 45 mins instead of 30? They haven't published a new "Guide to the Driving Test" book for it yet. It is being phased into various places, but I don't really know what to expect now - even though I have months before I go for mine.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I did my test in August and it went for 30 minutes. I went for my first solo drive to the station and back again today! Aha, it's like a 5-10 minute drive but yay--no person next to me so that felt awesome.

Also, I could proudly shake the car keys around in my hand approaching the car from like a hundred metres off and feel like one of those--big--adult--drivers! (you know, who can just smoothly open the door, get inside, and drive off!)

No more waiting around after getting off the train thinking, omg, I could've driven home in this time just waiting for my parents to pick me up--I can drive myself straight home after getting off the train! :D :D:D:D:D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
lala2 said:
no person next to me so that felt awesome.
I liked not having my dad next to me whilst driving. I felt more confident :)

..07hscer..

HSC
watatank said:
i did my test after july 1 and it went for like 15 minutes.

^same story here 15-20 leaving registry and comin back etc.

a point for anyone going to do their p's to remeber - is just to always look in the direction of the movement of the car.. need it in reverse parking

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i've learnt to do street parks using my mirrors...will they mark me down for that in the test? (my instructor taught me)

also, the lady at the rta told me that the test is longer now...anyone who's recently done theirs: just a longer drive or have they put more things in for us to do?

..07hscer..

HSC
alby said:
i've learnt to do street parks using my mirrors...will they mark me down for that in the test? (my instructor taught me)

also, the lady at the rta told me that the test is longer now...anyone who's recently done theirs: just a longer drive or have they put more things in for us to do?
hey alby

a) I just gave a quick glance backwards in the reverse pack (+ a nice push on the accelerator and swerve the car in to the parking area) the guy was like - :confused:

I always use all my mirrors in real life when reversing, but it does say you do need to look in the direction of the movement of the car (so if your going in reverse you look back - but i dont think using your mirrors would deduct anything, cause you look in the mirror to see what's behind you + to your side)

find it in the " A guide to the DART " and talk to your instructor, i just gave a glance in case though + looking in mirror( the parking didnt take long lol)

b) For me it took 15-20 mins, thats leaving registry and coming back - there were plenty of stop signs + school zones (thats just due to where the south penrith registry is located), i think they now do focus more on the speed/driving ability as opposed to skills - and the occasional scanning of the road, the instructor wanted to get me onto a main road to see how I would react to drivers signalling/merging to come in front

:s hope that helped, i did mine round 2 weeks ago

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
hey gypo, thanks a lot for that.

i'll probably do more practices with mum and try to look backwards as much as possible. in the parking lot, were you between 2 cars or just next to 1 (and an edge)?

i havent had a lesson with my instructor in a good few months...should probably call and book one just before my test.

mine's booked 2.5 weeks away, they were booked out until then - good timing i guess..lots of practice time :)

..07hscer..

HSC
Ah, I reversed parked behind 1 (not in between two cars), I think for nearly everyone whose done the test, they reverse park behind 1 car in a small,quiet road

Cool to see you got lots of time to practice, if you do get your instructor or can get into contact with rta - ask em' about looking into the direction of the movement of the car, do they literally mean it or can you just look into the mirrors all the way :confused: I did a quick glance in case

Well, good luck for the test

alby

cool duckie
HSC
my reverse parks (on the street) are fine, but what about when you came back to the rta car park? did you just do an easy nose-first park?
also in the dart book it says that you need to be under 500mm from the kerb...realistically, how far away from the white is that? (i've never actually measured it)

i think they might still want us to glance at least once, but i'll ask my instructor (i think i'll get a lesson before the test..expensive, but it saves me failing the test for a little mistake)

HSC
alby said:
my reverse parks (on the street) are fine, but what about when you came back to the rta car park? did you just do an easy nose-first park?
also in the dart book it says that you need to be under 500mm from the kerb...realistically, how far away from the white is that? (i've never actually measured it)

i think they might still want us to glance at least once, but i'll ask my instructor (i think i'll get a lesson before the test..expensive, but it saves me failing the test for a little mistake)
if youre comfortable with the mirror, then use that, just be sure to sneak a couple of looks back because you do need to look back..think about it realistically, you will have to go in between two cars eventually so you don't want to be relying on the mirror.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
bambaffled said:
I got my P's during the first week of trials. My dad still makes me nervous when he's in the passenger seat.
I got it after my trials, cause if i had failed i wouldn't have been able to do any work but lol i passed first go and now my dad lets me drive by myself. :D

I dont feel nervous when he's in the car now but while on my L's i did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)