Registration System... (1 Viewer)

Kaatie

HSC
im not in shit? im in a biomed one, i got the last spot after i found out i had to change. it just doesnt fit in very well with my timetable hence why i wish to swap it.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
eh, no biggie.
i think they're pretty flexible with things like that - i'll deal with it on monday.

ashh44

HSC
do we need to draw up our own timetables? or do we eventually get a printed one?

MailMofo

HSC
I know UNSW made nice time tables for their students.

Wheres ours? :(

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Suck it up, make it yourself. It's part of going to uni/being a big kid.

HSC
Uni Grad
So is registration like a mind rape process or is it reasonably straightforward?

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm, well my friend is telling me all you have to do is click on the word register next to the time you want...

LauraHLH

HSC
Yeah, in theory that's all you have to do.

But for the big courses, there can be 500+ kids all trying to register at the same time to make sure they get the times they want. It clogs up the server, big time. It's a miracle if the pages load in under two minutes. And then once it loads the most popular time has always seemed to go, and that's the one you wanted. So you go for your backup. But because you took so long when you try to click on it it's full as well.

= Mind. Rape.

HSC
Uni Grad
dayam, well my only preference is that it isnt too early if possible lol, so I might be okish.

EDIT: Also I can't enrol in one of my courses cos they havent started on the transfers, reg opens on wednesday so gg to that...

cassiecocaine

HSC
Yeah, in theory that's all you have to do.

But for the big courses, there can be 500+ kids all trying to register at the same time to make sure they get the times they want. It clogs up the server, big time. It's a miracle if the pages load in under two minutes. And then once it loads the most popular time has always seemed to go, and that's the one you wanted. So you go for your backup. But because you took so long when you try to click on it it's full as well.

= Mind. Rape.
So b arts is pretty much impossible to get what you want? I'm worried now... :S

LauraHLH

HSC
There are heaps and heaps of courses in B Arts though. These are the individual classes you're registering for, not a program or degree.

For instance- there are 95 kids doing First Year Speech Path in 2010, me being one of them.
There are 600 kids enrolled in PSYC1010- Introduction to Psychology, again, I am one of them. Because other degrees require them to do this course, for instance B Arts majoring in Psychology, I think there's a major in B Science that you need this course for, so there are other heaps of people all trying to do this course.

Does that help?

militiaman

HSC
Protips:

- Log into registration thing 5-10 mins before it opens for your particular course
- Hit refresh as soon as it reaches the opening time (pointless doing beforehand, they always open at the exact times)
- Wait for it to load for a couple of minutes. Even with this prostrategy you are now being affected by noobs trying to sign in/clicking on "online services".
- Do not close this tab even if it's taken minutes to load! As long as it's still trying, you're progressing! If you close your tab, you'll have to log in again which can add on 10 mins + at this stage!
- Click on register for your course/s (multi-tab fo sho if you have 2)
- Wait wait wait
- Madly register for winning times
- Win

Kelly47

HSC
Agreed with the above except for the "they always open on exact times" part. I had one to register for on Friday and it opened 15 minutes late, and it was one that a lot of education students were entering. ><
That was a massive "mind-rape".

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
i think mine are ok..... i totally forgot that the hubs tutes opened on the 10th (or whatever day it was) and logged on just in time to get the last spot in a group i wanted.
by the by: is there anywhere that i could find a map of where the rooms are? or does this just not exist?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
i think mine are ok..... i totally forgot that the hubs tutes opened on the 10th (or whatever day it was) and logged on just in time to get the last spot in a group i wanted.
by the by: is there anywhere that i could find a map of where the rooms are? or does this just not exist?
There's generally no map of the rooms, just the buildings. However there are some maps of some buildings, they're usually inside on the walls near the entrance.

There is a pattern for the rooms that can help you find them. It will always be the the building code, followed by the floor (G for ground) followed by the room number.

HSC
Uni Grad
Umm, heaps n00b question, if this is for tutes, how do we reg for lectures, or dont we?

HSC
Uni Grad
Now I see in my class schedule it says lecture and tutes, so ill just roll with that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)