Regretting your course, regretting your choice of uni? (1 Viewer)

krayzie_

HSC
Sydney buildings are fine, but to be honest I don't really go to university to look at buildings. I ain't no fucking tourist. Haha

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
kow_dude said:
I initially chose B. Commerce because of the wide career prospects and choices. So i thought to myself, there's bound to be something in commerce that i would find interesting. I decided to major in Accounting and Finance but found them to be extremely dry and dull.
Accounting was all about the AASB and regulations. Finance was heavily focused on stock prices and profit opportunities. Both of these subjects were too theoretical and non-practical. Commerce was all about MONEY.
The only subject in Commerce that i enjoyed was Marketing which involved some degree of creativity. Accounting and Finance had too many rules/formulas/laws to memorise.

I should've done Pharmacy because i highly enjoyed science in high school. Having looked at what my Pharmacy friends have done, i would've much more enjoyed studying drugs and the human body ... rather than accounting and finance which was all about money money money $$$$

Same here, but someone has got to do the shit jobs aye?
I don't entirely regret my choice in commerce, only because I can't decide what else I'd rather do that would earn me a decent living. Although, I agree, its incredibly dull and I'd like it too if there was more creativity in accounting - but i can't see that happening somehow. Everyone is in it for the money, and I'd much rather hold a crayon than a calculator, but who wouldn't? My plan is to get out of uni asap, and do a further year study in another field (teaching or computing) to complement my accounting degree, and maybe this would steer my career in a better direction.

Chris.

HSC
no matter what degree you choose, you will always have to do a core subject which is either boring, bullshit, or fucking hard.

HSC
Chris. said:
no matter what degree you choose, you will always have to do a core subject which is either boring, bullshit, or fucking hard.
Statistics anyone? I conquered that foul beast! (only just)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Malfoy said:
Neither.

I'm transferring to the University of Technology next year to do a combined degree in Business and Law.

I don't like the current degree, so I wouldn't do something similar (the actual prospect of teaching in a classroom would terrify me regardless of which university I completed an education degree in) and I don't like Sydney University overall, so I wouldn't want to transfer to a different area at that university.
With your marks you should have really tried for unsw or usyd com.llb. Most decent firms dont have any UTS grads working there.

sarevok

HSC
velox said:
With your marks you should have really tried for unsw or usyd com.llb. Most decent firms dont have any UTS grads working there.
Off-topic, but I don't think that's true. I've heard of UTS grads working in some of the larger law firms - not sure what you mean by 'decent' though

UNSW even has some UTS grads lecturing there.

Providence.

Banned
HSC
N/A
Musk said:
UNSW is anti social everyone competes with each other.

I get pissed off if someone becomes competitive
Musk is anti social here I am happy you unwittingly represent mankind's hatred against one another. I am God's messenger, don't shoot the messenger.

louy

HSC
N/A
I regret doing business studies. Its a bit of a pointless degree

But best to complete the degree and get the best I can. Better to have the best pointless degree from an average university, than a below average degree in something else.

Uncle

Banned
HSC

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i worked out that economics wasnt for me, not that i dont enjoy it. but the fact that i think i would have been more interested in something like journalism or software

melodic_gal

HSC
im enjoying/loving my course at acu b of ed early childhood and primary, i believe it is the best choice I have ever made in my life. :)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I regret picking unsw, all my friends are at uts or usyd.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Yeah i also regret going to UNSW. I'm seriously considering a transfer to UWS to be with all of my high school friends, it seems like they're all having a great time and the girls there are easier....

Dr. Oyster

HSC
I'm looking to do either Commerce or Pharmacy as well.

Why is there such little ethusiasm for Commerce?

Tim035

HSC
B. Med Sci UNSW- 3 years of hard work, social sacrifice, health sacrifice, a GPA of 3.9... for what reason exactly? To earn ever so slightly better money as a lab assistant compared to what I earn right now as a dispensary assistant....
Guess I'll do Masters of Pharm; however my boss (at the pharmacy) tells me a lot of pharm grads he knows are having a terribly difficult time getting registration atm as they are no more useful then a dispensary assistant but cost more per hour.

jonspeaks22

HSC
I went to CLU to study Journalism, let's just say I immediatly regretted that, well I gave it a semester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)