• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

religion and sex before marriage - REDONE (1 Viewer)

will you have sex before marriage and are you religious

• yes i will have sex before, i am NOT religious

Votes: 112 39.6%
  • yes i will have sex before, i AM religious

Votes: 69 24.4%
  • no i will not have sex before, i am NOT religious

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • no i will not have sex before, i AM religious

Votes: 84 29.7%

• Total voters
HSC
teen girls usually lose their virginity before marriage coz there too weak to fight temptation or the influence of their friends, i know a few very conservative girls who hang around sluts who have turned them into flirty, slutty, horny girls, its quite sad actually coz their attitude changes too

osk

HSC
You Sophie have called my statements about God offensive.....I do apologise for this....yet you have expressed beliefs about evolution. I am offended at your suggestion that my relatives were monkeys......do u think we could reach a compromise and talk about what we believe to be true from a third person point of view?......there's enough fighting going on in the world.....we dnt have to carry it on in here

Last edited:

sub

hiphophorray123 said:
teen girls usually lose their virginity before marriage coz there too weak to fight temptation or the influence of their friends, i know a few very conservative girls who hang around sluts who have turned them into flirty, slutty, horny girls, its quite sad actually coz their attitude changes too
what would be ur solution to this epidemic then? have ppl marry off b4 teenage hits them? isnt this more of a problem with society today than anything else?

soha, im a muslim too :)

Last edited:

Sophie777

Osk. Don't fight with science. Our relatives were monkeys. You can claim God exists if you want to but you CANNOT refute the fact that 99% share of DNA with any animal gives a direct link. God did not directly create us. (If he exists)

Sophie777

Who now is asking me to give proof for evolution?!?! People who base their beliefs on something with no proof! I think that if you can put blind faith in something with no intellectual or factual credibility then I can put my faith in something like the theory of evolution. Even if it is a theory it is more proven than the theory of creationism. What proof do we have of Gods DNA?

osk

HSC
what would be ur solution to this epidemic then? have ppl marry off b4 teenage hits them? isnt this more of a problem with society today than anything else?
Sub....it's obvious that family values everywhere have gone out the window....the truth is that young girls are taught that such attitudes are acceptable......why arent we tackling the problem where it begins....in schools....promoting abstinence? People seem to forget that in the end....sex is a process of reproduction, not merely a pleasurable activity.....it has serious consequences....but the way it's being proclaimed in our schools is that you can use it as a form of pleasure if contraception is used........I believe sex is only for marriages.....but I know not everyone agrees....those who don't........don't you think sex should only be considered in situations where a child would not be a nuisance and could be financially supported......It's simply not fair to the many disadvantaged kids who r born as 'accidents' and who cnt be financially supported

osk

HSC
Osk. Don't fight with science. Our relatives were monkeys. You can claim God exists if you want to but you CANNOT refute the fact that 99% share of DNA with any animal gives a direct link. God did not directly create us. (If he exists)

sophie.....ur method of proving something true may be different than mine......just because you can deem something true because of material evidence does not mean everyone thinks that way......ur view of what is true and how to prove its true is only your interpreation....in the end....interpret is all we can do.......after all.....you cn't possibly go back in time and show me that evolution is true.......human perception of truth is only based on our interpretation what we see around us

If humans were all knowing - that is knew everything there was to know about every single person in history, every single star in the sky, every moment of history and everything that is going to happen.....u get my point!!!, there would be nothing preventing us from discerning without a doubt what is truth and what is not.....but you know that we as humans are very limited......this means we can only INTERPRET what we think is true.....

Last edited:

osk

HSC
btw sophie....from what uve sed....u belive something can only exist if u can see it...touch it etc........what about history...can you see that? what about the past....can you touch that?.........are you going to tell me that history and the past dnt exist?

Sophie777

Moot point.

History is documented by many of thousands of historians. There are not many of thousand different people documenting evidence as Jesus actually being the son of God or God existing.

Sophie777

Right... and the concept of history exists as there is documented evidence by MANY PEOPLE with different perspectives which agree to its existence.

osk

HSC
agghhhhh....im regretting getting involved with forums....theyre so addictive.....theyve obviously already claimed sub! I hope the highlight of my day doesn't become come to the computer to see what Sophie's written.......

osk

HSC
sophie i was not arguing whether history exists or not.......i was arguing that things which are not tangible, solid, touchable can exist......we cnt pick up history or hold it, or check for its dna.....yet you believe it exists

Sophie777

It isn't the same thing osk, think of another example. History has evidence of its existence and proof. I can't see it, but I don't believe in it without any logic behind the fact that it does exist. I don't have blind faith in the fact it exists, it is there with documents, video's, photos and many many accounts. Religion is not at all similar. The only similarity is that the entirety of the concepts aren't physical.

Religion is not able to be touched, proved or seen. History can be.

Sophie777

You can believe what you want to believe. I accept that religion cannot be proved either way. You believe something, there is the possibility that you are wrong. I, unlike you, can accept I may be wrong.

I don't want to argue with you anymore as it doesn't get anywhere.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Hiphophorray, teenagers having sex doesn't always equate to sluttish immaturity. As I've already said on this thread, while you may not support sex before marriage, that doesn't give you the right to assume that everyone who DOES is doing it purely because they're too "weak" to resist their selfish urges. It's a personal choice and just because I'm not married doesn't mean it can't be a worthy and meaningful act for me, which has nothing to do with peer pressure and everything to do with love and commitment.

And Sophie, while I share all the same beliefs as you (evolution, atheism, etc) I don't understand why you feel the need to express your views in such a forceful way. Just because we have different reasoning to people of religion, doesn't mean that we have the right to sneer at their choices and tell them that God definitely does not exist and that their beliefs are silly and naive. You can;t say "your belief is not logical therefore it is not legitimate." I'm sure if I asked you to explain in great detail exactly HOW the big bang occurred (I'm talking physics, right down to the formulae that explain the big bang theory) you wouldn't have a clue. Neither do I. I just believe that that makes more sense to me than a God I see as a social construct created to explain the vastness of existence. But that's all it is - a BELIEF. We have faith in the scientists who came up with these theories, simply because we don't understand them themselves. You act as though because our beliefs are based in science, they can automatically be stamped "true". Good on you for standing up for what you believe in, but you don't have to be so condescending about it. Nor can you rest so assured in the fact that you are irrevocably "right". Nobody can know that for sure.

osk

HSC
Sophie.......understand that I cannot possibly denounce my faith as possibly wrong.....this would not make it faith at....it would not be faith if I could bargain on it.........plz dnt see it as narrow mindedness.......anyways.....i hope i havent sed anything thats annoyed u too much...thanks alot for the debate.....and i hope it all turns out great for u

Sophie777

Gemita, People saying to me God does exist is just as insulting as me saying to them God does not exist. The sole reason I say this is to attempt to use their logic back at them. I don't know if God exists at all. I have absolutely no idea. But I find it insulting for people to assume that their opinion on matter is correct and hence if God does exist then my way of living is somehow inferior.

So, my opinion is only expressed in such a way due to me insult at people assuming their views as fact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)