Religion & Relationships (merged) (1 Viewer)

Would you change your religion for a guy/girl?

• Yes

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 190 88.8%

• Total voters

Lainee

HSC
Well, I could change my religion -because- of my bf, as the thread title says. But not -for- him, as your post says. :) Difference being in that, religion is for yourself not for anyone else.

deviation

HSC
yea but religion can break apart relationships... quite sad realli.

Dave85

HSC
depends how hot she was! ...nah i dont really give a shit bout religion so if thats wat it wud take to get into her pants then yeah, sure, why not.

steven_m

HSC
Dave85 said:
depends how hot she was! ...nah i dont really give a shit bout religion so if thats wat it wud take to get into her pants then yeah, sure, why not.
haahahaha amen 2 that

deviation

HSC
Dave85 said:
interesting perspective :)

Lainee

HSC
Dave85 said:
Uh oh, someone's not going to be welcomed in heaven. ;) j/k

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Dave85 said:

i bet you've never had a g/f ever.

Dave85

HSC
BreaKing said:
i bet you've never had a g/f ever.
hahaha. yeah mate.. well religion isnt heaps important 2 me @ this stage so if she wanted me to become hindu, islamic, christian or wateva i probable wudnt care 2 much coz it doesnt mean a great deal 2 me @ this point in time. if it was a big deal 2 her and not a big deal 2 me then i'd make the sacrifice or wateva u wana call it

berry580

HSC
SKA said:
nope. why should you. a religion is all about what YOU believe in... not what u decide you want to believe because of your bf/gf
in a relationship you should have the right to believe in what you want and your bf/gf should happily support it and respect it .. n vice versa
Well it wouldn't really matter to me.
If I have a girlfriend (meaning I still don't), then I'll believe in her, if she believes in a X religion (a reasonable one, e.g not a religion where they teach you commit suicide), then I'll believe in that religion too inorder to know her better. Myself ain't religious, hence I wont change my perspective. I might to to a church with her, but I won't truly immerse myself into it.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
what a cool non conformist you are :rolleyes:

i personally think it's all about respect. say i started going out with a jew (personally being roman catholic) i would respect their religion and i would never try and convince them to convert or abandon their beliefs for my sake. however, in return, i would expect them to respect my beliefs. honestly, religion isn't a big enough part of my life that i would personally expect anyone to convert and considering my excess of hedonism, i doubt i would ever become that involved with a strongly religious man anyhow : )

edit - that said, i would be willing to attend church etc for some reasons with my partner, although certainly not on a weekly basis. yeah, snoozefest, but so what?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
glycerine said:
what a cool non conformist you are :rolleyes:

i personally think it's all about respect. say i started going out with a jew (personally being roman catholic) i would respect their religion and i would never try and convince them to convert or abandon their beliefs for my sake. however, in return, i would expect them to respect my beliefs. honestly, religion isn't a big enough part of my life that i would personally expect anyone to convert and considering my excess of hedonism, i doubt i would ever become that involved with a strongly religious man anyhow : )

edit - that said, i would be willing to attend church etc for some reasons with my partner, although certainly not on a weekly basis. yeah, snoozefest, but so what?
its not about being a non-conformist because u might feel uncomfortable of other religions or whatever

i have my beliefs and i dont think ppl should try to make u change that because they r in a position of the relationship to influence change for ur life. however if the person doesnt hold any beliefs its slightly different

yes respect is important- but where is respect if changing ur religion to suit someone else's wants and what they see as respect towards them?

but it is true this matter only affects different ppl according to thier beliefs

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
its not about being a non-conformist because u might feel uncomfortable of other religions or whatever

i have my beliefs and i dont think ppl should try to make u change that because they r in a position of the relationship to influence change for ur life. however if the person doesnt hold any beliefs its slightly different

yes respect is important- but where is respect is changing ur religion to suit someone else's wants and what they see as respect towards them?

but it is true this matter only affects different ppl according to thier beliefs
sorry, more of a cheap shot at neeja, when i was writing my post you hadn't made yours yet ;)

i do get your point, but at the same time i think it's the responsibility of both parties to be sensitive to the religious beliefs of their partner. ie, whilst i would most likely never convert for anyone, i would show respect for their beliefs and attempt to involve them to a degree in my life... and in return i'd expect the same.

meh, i don't really care, it's not an issue for me :p

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
i think it would be a beautiful thing if two people were different religioins yet they could both believe in what they wanted. As for religions such as muslim or jehova witness where their partner needs to be the same religion otherwise they cannot marry i think that would be a really hard decision to make.

Jase

HSC
yeah.. why not. it probably won't last, but it'll be fun messing with their church while i'm there.

But I plan on going on a John Safran style safari around the world anyway.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
religion can get in the way opf a relationship. if he was that religious that he cared then chances are i probably couldn't be with him anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)