• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

religious justification of sex (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If i were God I'd encourage people to stop looking up and start looking around.

wouldn't you?

I always found the constructs of religion such as not having sex before marriage rather demeaning of God, belittling of God... it sounds more of a man-made construct. It's not pure, if you know what I mean. It may sound like crazy talk but if God was a good God, he wouldn't make such cold, empty guidelines to follow. It's more about love and faith.

Just love with all your heart, with all your wisdom and maturity, and if that means to express that physically,

I don't think God will condemn you for loving someone with all their heart.

As for those who keep sex and love as seperate things, leave them to do whatever they choose, you have no right to condemn them.

Yes I am a Christian, but I have the brains to question religion.

Last edited:

mattchan

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
You are beyond my help.
ahahaa.

According to that, 75% of the population on Earth is going to hell because they aren't Christian.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
I'm a christian and my reasoning is simple: God doesn't want me to be a virgin. He doesn't want me to wait before marriage.

I am sure God wants me to enjoy everything in my life (without harming others, of course) and sex happens to be one such thing. It's a beautiful, enjoyable experience and I think it's wrong how the church portrays it as sinful unless under the "right" conditions - a meaningless peice of paper to say you'll be married forever. Which lets face it, you won't.

I don't even think God expects us to be with the one person for our whole lives. I think as you evolve spiritually as a person your needs changes, so twenty years down the track you may no longer be compatible with someone you thought you'd grow old with. God wants us to grow and learn, and sex is a part of that.

It all depends on how blindly you follow the rules of religion. Personally, my relationship with God has little to do with the input of others. Why should it? And as for all the bible passages... bloody hell, you can whip out a bible passage to justify just about anything! Homophobia, sexism, ... now anti-sex! List goes on. The bible has some great lessons but it was written by the hand of man, not God himself.

Bottom line: God wants me to enjoy life and make connections with people. Sex, in certain situations, allows for that and so I can conclude that God says go for it.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Say if you're Christian and married, is it sexually inappropriate for your partner to give head? How about anal?

tempco

HSC
wow, so that's the new "thing" these days - marry with the assumption you're going to divorce sooner or later.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Well if you are Christian and want sex it's best to marry, do the deed, then divorce. Simple as that.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
Well I don't believe I'll ever be with one person for the whole of my life.

walrusbear

HSC
Asquithian said:
There seems to be an influx of Christians in this forum. The bad types too.
hahahah so true

as for the opening post
not all christians are fundamentalist and believe in more important things than a rigid concern for 'no sex before marriage' stuff

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
ella_fitzgerald said:
neo_o: orgies do not necessarily include pre-marital sex: if you're married and in an orgy its clearly post marital.
It takes two to tango but three or more to orgy, so to speak. I don't think that polygamy is endorsed in the new testament?

so your friends, ur_inner_child are not going to hell unless they're non christian.
Hitler was Christian, I was so hoping to meet him once I died, but it looks like I'll have to get in to heaven if I want to have a chat with him.

the christian faith encourages reasearch, it has nothing to hide. the bible is more historically accurate then accounts of Ceasar's Gallic War; and if you research you'll only find the truth about Jesus..
books of the bible are today read in context where before they were not looked at as such, they were all seen to be true narrative; not regared as poetry/metaphoric etc.
1) Smiting and miracles are only proven historical accuracies to the deluded, the insane and the fanatical. No amount of research will "reveal the truth about Jesus". If you'd like to dispute this, feel free to link me to examples that undeniably prove that Jesus rose from the dead.
2) I was referring to a fear within Christians of progression, science and discovery; Galileo to book burning to creationism.

perhaps you should think or at least research a tad before you speak on such topics
Personal attacks, including the timeless "perhaps you should do more research..." line of argument just make you look silly. Reply to construtive posts constructively.

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
ella_fitzgerald said:
im not trying to force anyone to think anything; i just wanna kno what christians who have had pre-marital sex think! its not up to me to condemn you to hell; thats Gods job. we're all sinners in the end. i wonder if anyone will actually address the issue of sex in this thread or if it'll just end up a theological debate.
and i wouldnt be too excited about hell unless you like lakes of fire and such...
It's funny how you bible bash and yet exclaim that you're not in the same post.

Anyway, if you really want to know about this, then go ask your friends who are actually in that situation. I doubt that there are many christians who have had sex while being christians and if there are, most would be too ashamed to talk about it.

Either way, this will end up being a generic religion debate. Just you watch, someone will start talking about evolution soon.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
neo_o i think i love you. my hat goes off to you sir.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
People are not thinking this way because its trendy...

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
ella_fitzgerald said:
im not trying to force anyone to think anything; i just wanna kno what christians who have had pre-marital sex think! its not up to me to condemn you to hell; thats Gods job. we're all sinners in the end. i wonder if anyone will actually address the issue of sex in this thread or if it'll just end up a theological debate.
and i wouldnt be too excited about hell unless you like lakes of fire and such...
Hmmm, lakes of fire.
Can you toast marshmallows in there?
At the very least, boiling water wouldn't take very long.

And, from the very beginning, this thread was destined to become a thoelogical debate. It will never hold to the topic!
jumb said:
Either way, this will end up being a generic religion debate. Just you watch, someone will start talking about evolution soon.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
*waits patiently for kangaroo to make his appearance*

HSC
yeah im sure you could toast marshmallows in there, assuming they had marshmallows in hell...
epiphany: the bible is written by God.. its "god-breathed". check out how many books begin with like.. the word of god came to hosea (or whoever physically penned it)

miracles (dont relate to sex but i shall address them) - there have been over 50 scientists who have written books about miracles and how, to quote one, John Polkinghorne one time professor of mathematical physics at Cambridge university, "the question of miracles is not primarliyscientific but theological. Science simply tells us that these events are against noram expectation. We knew this from the start. Science cannot exclude the possibility that, on particular occasions, God does particular, unprecedented things."
think about it, we didnt expect the annopheles mosquito to mutate and become resistant to DDT and other chemicals, but it did. we didnt expect miracles, but they happened. science has limits; the limits of human knowledge.

as for concrete evidence that jesus rose from the dead, again i dont think that this is the thread for that topic since this one is about sex but there are six independent eye-witness written testimonies telling of eleven seperate apprearences of Jesus after he was supposed to be dead, one occasion was to over 500 people and Paul wrote of this in Corinthians to add 'most of whom are still living' so sceptics could go ask these eyewitnesses.. the disciples suddenly transformed from dejected, faithless and depressed rable, and the growth of the early church based upon what people saw and heard..

ok, so the point of this thread really is to find out why people who say they are living for Christ would deliberately live against what Christ lays out in the Bible... it dun bother me if you dun think god exists or the bible exists and stuff but if you're a christian i'd like to know what you think.. thats not to say i dun wana kno wat u ppl think if you totally dun think god exists, im just saying mayb this isnt the rite thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)