• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

religious justification of sex (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
kangaroo said:
sex before marriage / premarital sex is repeatedly condemned in Scripture (Acts 15:20; Romans 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13,18; 7:2; 10:8; 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7).
Sex between a married man and wife is the only form of sexual relations that God approves of (Hebrews 13:4).
And also the bible strictly says that the only sex allowed is BETWEEN A MARRIED MAN AND WOMAN. I don't know of many other ways you can interpret that.
So for all those people who sin by having pre-marital sex, can't really use the excuse "but I interpreted it differently to you"
There's something I've been meaning to ask you.

Given your extensive (and that's putting it mildly) knowledge of the Bible and Christianity, I would assume that a vast proportion of your life is devoted to strictly religious matters.

With this in mind, how did you settle on the username "kangaroo", as opposed to something specifically pertaining to God?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kangaroo said:
You need to seek Jesus to save your soul.
You need to seek someone who can offer you 50 milligrams of sodium thiopental, followed by 10 of pancuronium bromide and 20 of potassium chloride into your bloodstream. (Sorry Argo :p)

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
kangaroo said:
ah I want everyone to go to heaven. With that attitude, the holy spirit is obviously not in your heart. People when are you going to release that God and Jesus have told us we are in the end times, very soon the Earth as we know it will self destruct itself before the coming of Jesus. The more we all sin, the faster God's hand of justice will fall, and more and more disasters all over the world to punish us. Whether you like it or not, all of God's scripture will unfold very very soon, you need to seek Jesus to save your soul.
Yes, yes I'm absolutely positive that the Earth is going to self destruct any day now.
And I really don't think my soul needs saving...I seem to be fine not believing, I don't think anything will change that either.

And Dreamerish; Well said. Very well said

hipPo3

HSC
kangaroo said:
ah I want everyone to go to heaven. With that attitude, the holy spirit is obviously not in your heart. People when are you going to release that God and Jesus have told us we are in the end times, very soon the Earth as we know it will self destruct itself before the coming of Jesus. The more we all sin, the faster God's hand of justice will fall, and more and more disasters all over the world to punish us. Whether you like it or not, all of God's scripture will unfold very very soon, you need to seek Jesus to save your soul.
dude .. u dont know me .. i could be the next jesus
Hell, u dont know what i do for living .. i could be a priest (highly doubt it)

thats a very apocalytpic view .. have u tried converting to a more pleasent relgion ? .. they're all pretty much the same.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Kangaroo, you are scaring people away from your religion. I hope you can see that.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Yo, KANGA, answer my question already:

There's something I've been meaning to ask you.

Given your extensive (and that's putting it mildly) knowledge of the Bible and Christianity, I would assume that a vast proportion of your life is devoted to strictly religious matters.

With this in mind, how did you settle on the username "kangaroo", as opposed to something specifically pertaining to God?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kangaroo said:
because I only post here when I fell strongly abt something. Would u like me to give u a complete list of all my hobbies, interests and past times would you?
I feel strongly that you are not Christian at all, but rather you're poking fun at the religion.

I also feel strongly that you are a major fucktard and should not be shot only because you deserve a long and painful death.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I feel strongly that you are not Christian at all, but rather you're poking fun at the religion.

I also feel strongly that you are a major fucktard and should not be shot only because you deserve a long and painful death.
I vote concentrated H2SO4 dripped slowly onto different parts of the body.

L

LaraB

kangaroo said:
sex before marriage / premarital sex is repeatedly condemned in Scripture (Acts 15:20; Romans 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1; 6:13,18; 7:2; 10:8; 12:21; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 5:3; Colossians 3:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude 7).
Sex between a married man and wife is the only form of sexual relations that God approves of (Hebrews 13:4).
And also the bible strictly says that the only sex allowed is BETWEEN A MARRIED MAN AND WOMAN. I don't know of many other ways you can interpret that.
So for all those people who sin by having pre-marital sex, can't really use the excuse "but I interpreted it differently to you"
can you please quote me those sections then?

because unless it says "sex before marriage is condemned/a sin" nothing you h ave said proves anything

you cannot say that x,y,z is all that God approves of because the bible is not a text that is taken literally - a lot is analogical and the like... so you cannot say unequivocally that "God says blah blah blah"

As i said - unless you can find somehere that says pre-marital sex is a sin, everything you have said is just one interpretation so no - people having pre-marital sex are not 'sinners' ...

tempco

HSC
if kangaroo did come up with sections of the bible that prohibited pre-marital sex, i have a feeling you all would just flame him anyway.

L

LaraB

kangaroo said:
you have no right to tell us that we'll all 'realise' soon that that's right..

as someone said before (sorry don't remember your name as i'm typing) quite correctly - she's an atheist and doesn't ridicule other beliefs, i'm assuming that would tehrefore include beliefs such as yours

you have no right to ridicule the beliefs of others by asserting such opinions.

I don't know where you get your interpretatin of Christianity from but i have heaps of Chrsitian and non-christian friends and family... i don't know anyone who has such a belief of the so called "vengeful" god..... for someone who asserts to know so much abot christians maybe you should take a look around you at the fact that so many other Christians are strongly disagreeing with you..

L

LaraB

tempco said:
if kangaroo did come up with sections of the bible that prohibited pre-marital sex, i have a feeling you all would just flame him anyway.
i doubt it...

have a look at the rest of the posts in this thread - no one has gotten even slightly agro at people who have similar beliefs to kangaroo... people seem to be gettin sick of the "you'll all burn" "you're all sinners" "you'll all learn and give in to God" crap..... and the manner with which he makes assertions about our so called "certain" fate without providing any evidence when asked..

its not just the non-Christian perspectives that are making negative remarks to his posts...

L

LaraB

Argonaut said:
That's my point. As soon as someone disagrees with him, it's a holy war all of a sudden. As much as he'll hate to admit it, it's a holy war agasint the infidels and impure, condemning us for not sharing his beliefs. Basically, he qualifies for THIS ...
lol agreed except all Christians ain't like that but i know what you mean....

i think someone said something a bout how that kinda view actually drives people further away from the religion and i'm agnostic so even though i don't agree with anythin anyone has said pro-christianity at least others have some i guess...'positive' basis for their beliefs..

not some weird assertion out of fear that the world's gonna explode and God will punish everyone... so much as i disagree it's good that its not just we 'non-believers' lol who disagree:p

tempco

HSC
LaraB said:
i doubt it...

have a look at the rest of the posts in this thread - no one has gotten even slightly agro at people who have similar beliefs to kangaroo... people seem to be gettin sick of the "you'll all burn" "you're all sinners" "you'll all learn and give in to God" crap..... and the manner with which he makes assertions about our so called "certain" fate without providing any evidence when asked..

its not just the non-Christian perspectives that are making negative remarks to his posts...
ok well, not "flame". i meant "disagree with".

L

LaraB

tempco said:
ok well, not "flame". i meant "disagree with".
well...yes i think people would disagree still but big deal... we're entitled to disagree, plenty of people christian or not have posted both points of view and people have agreed and disagreed...so i don't see why that would be a problem....:)

hipPo3

HSC
Peeps .. Kangaroo is just trying to prtect us from his God cause hes afraid of death and going to hell .. besides .. hes only justifying his actions from a book written by old fags in a cave, whats the piont in knocking him when its s0o0o easy ?

Minifish

Ghost
HSC
come on guys!!! i'm feeling left out here. i posted on page 6, and was i really that assertive with what i said that no one's commenting at all or am i just being ignored?? everyone else gets commented on for something or another, gimme a chance!!!

Anyways, pleading for comments aside, kangaroo, you're doing a good job being a fundamentalist christian, but i think you have a few things to learn in the area of evangelism. Personally, i havent found that saying, 'Look mate, you're gonna go to hell and undergo immense torture, so much so that you'll wish you'd die but you never would. Unless of course you were to pray with me and believe in my God, then you'll be saved and live in paradise forever. Just face it, you're wrong, you're a big sinner, and you need God to escape from the impending doom of this here world in which we live.'

As a christian, i see what you're tryin to say, and i am a believer in being upfront and blunt about things so ppl can see what you're tryin to say right off the mark, but religion has always been a sensitive issue, so it might help your, or indeed if you're genuine about it all, our cause if you softened up a bit and maybe tried to convey the whole message with such themes as the mercy, grace and forgiveness of God, not just his just and wrathful side.

Just a thought mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)